FTSE 100 - April

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The use of highly technical language"

its nothing that isnt in the most simple trading book.

Hooya

Then perhaps it is the way it is expressed together with the abbreviations.

Regards

bracke

Its all here on the bbs or in a book you can order from amazon. If you dont know what is meant by a word should always ask....and yes it will piss of the mroe experienced posters to be asked what is a sma for example...but they will either answer or post a link to where you can find out. and from that you learn something and once you know what is being discussed then you can form an opinion and interaction starts to take place and bingo :)

Bracke (but principaly to all you lurkers out there)

Do not be intimidated by jargon.

IMHO the key to understanding trading is to keep it very simple.

Note support/resistance levels.

Note how prices react to news. Does good news produce more upside or a muted reaction (ie prices already discounted)

Note break lines

Be aware of natural reaction levels (Fib levels to some)

In otherwords watch price action, because you should be trading what you see not what you may think (have no opinion of where it might be going).

Discussing esoteric technical analysis invariably takes you away from price action.

HOWEVER, just viewing is not going to do much to aid your education. Getting involved in discussions, exchanging views etc adds to the overall knowledge base but also is a very good check of one's own current understanding.

In otherwords you have to get your hands dirty.

Hooya and mully

Thank you for your replies

I have read a number of TA - sorry - Technical Analysis books but reading them and understanding a number of the posts is a different matter. However, enough of this banter time to get my'hands dirty'.

Much of this thread is about Fibonacci and intra-day trading, my own 'expertise/interest' relates to the ftse and dow monthly futures and I use charts to ascertain support and resistance levels.

As I type this the ftse is is very close to 4500 a major psychological level perusal of the charts appears to suggest that if this level is broken the next stop appears to be 4440 followed thereafter by 4380.

Do the contributors to this thread look that far ahead or is day trading the sole/main purpose of this thread.

Regards

bracke

oatman

Shame on you!

Anymore comments like that and you will have to consider yourself de-threaded.

Regards

bracke

Maybe I should have written some.
You never know, you might sell a few at £25 a throw before you're found out :cheesy:

We are getting close to full time now.
Are we going to keep this thread open.
Perhapse we could include some position trading as well as
interday stuff as mentioned by bracke.We have got some good traders on here,lets share the experience

Bonsai give us another month and see how it goes.

oatman

I suspect that there is too much of the free radical about you, which as we all know can lead to - perish the thought - !cynicism!

I note that you have 27 votes on your yellow streak (no pun intended) so you can't be all bad, unless of course they have been corupted by your radicalism.

Regards

bracke

Fluke

I like the idea of including position trading in addition to day trading but I get the impression that the day traders are interested in that only. I hope that I am incorrect in my impression.

Regards

bracke

hi guys

hooya , as usual, has it right.
this is meant to be a discussion thread.
you put up your ideas and we discuss them.
that way we can all learn something.

I have been putting up my ideas..............
and I have learned things from those who have posted.
It's a learning game , even now.

doesnt matter whether you use T/A or not
in fact a non-T/A form of trading could be a very interesting basis for discussion

anyway, I have mentioned the lack of contribution from others before and so there is little more to say.

Bracke/Fluke
Nobody has ever said you cant have your own thread for position trading - ? I might even post to it.

And come Tuesday someone can start up a new day traders thread if they wish . And I might post to that too.

But it wont be my thread, that's the only difference.

I may even become a voyeur for a change. :LOL:

Okay Dokay...so looks like

1) New thread is to started. But by who. Any takers????
2) Its to include both day trading styles and positional styles
3) Needs a TA translater
4) More contributors

Any others??

Not me I already do one and it takes work as if you dont post no one else does.:) But I will pop in to anything going here when I have the time

Status
Not open for further replies.