FT71 video - pretty brutal

Status
Not open for further replies.
A fifth of the way through the video. Nothing of note in it so far, other than don't blow your account. Keep your losers small and your winners big. Wow.

There isn't anything more. However, in its defence, the point that one bad day can ruin a week or a month's good trading is a good one.

Half way through the video. Trading takes commitment and discipline, as well as hard work. Some people have done it, others in the future will likely do so as well.

Amazeballs!

some free content here, 3yrs+

Chat Archive | FuturesTrader71

am sure someone would see some value in above, FOC as well

Well I've made no mention of that.
Its not conclusive, although I can certainly see how it looks.

The only issues I ever have with this kind of thing are:
1. Quality and accuracy of content.
2. If content is charged for, is it available for free elsewhere.

Thats it.

i agree yes, its all out there already (y)

but the one sided partner program that has been alluded is pretty fetched, unless it is a sunday night "i am bored so lets attack anyone with a vendor badge"

no that's not it at all. as i've said already, this is alleged as the evidence pointed to this. they use the ninjatrader platform, they even advertise the fact they are after such products and developers on their web site.

we were later informed by dt that nothing exists on the other side and they do not sell his wares in any way. though dt does promote them on his site. altruistic? "i like these guys, so here's a link to their training" possibly the case, mods and admin are happy so i'll not bloat the thread with my further uneducated ramblings on the subject :)

Two thirds of the way. Trading is boring, and something about The Hunger Games.

Teh insights!

EDIT:

Now something about not going all in.

So, finally got to the end. The video was OK I suppose - some basic money management, some basic psychology, basic discipline, usual platitudes.

Nothing bad as such, but nothing terribly good or interesting either. Incredibly basic, humdrum stuff. So OK as far as it goes, which is not very.

The video wasn't "brutal" in the slightest. The information was so-so and astoundingly basic. It does make one wonder why it was posted, I can't imagine most people thinking it worthwhile doing it.

LM's conspiracy theory looks better and better.

i know i said i was off from this thread and not getting further involved.

but for the education of this dunce, is that vwap? in the video that is, on the charts?

T2W is literally the oddest forum for a post that highlights a bad trader who doesnt follow rules to the OP having an agenda by the fact the webinar provider has ninjatrader as a partner on his website. That is the only link but creates such a vendor buzz ? unless i am missing something?

¨Having said that Toasty's agenda is very clear and its right he's held to account¨

if that link was posted on BMT or ET people would actually discuss the video and not the OP vendor status, odd all very odd

It's not the whole forum. It's just 5 or 6 butthurt posters.

It's not the whole forum. It's just 5 or 6 butthurt posters.

:LOL:

It sounds rather like it's you that's hobbling around trying to soothe your ragged asshole. :LOL:

I don't know why you do these things, like I told you you always end up looking bad. But you bring it on yourself, and only have yourself to blame. YOU built the ramp up to your ass, YOU laid the track, YOU bent over and said "The DT Butt-Tunnel is open for business! Give me the Express, boys!". That's why you got ass-railed.

I notice you haven't responded to any of the points I made :rolleyes:.

T2W is literally the oddest forum for a post that highlights a bad trader who doesnt follow rules to the OP having an agenda by the fact the webinar provider has ninjatrader as a partner on his website. That is the only link but creates such a vendor buzz ? unless i am missing something?

¨Having said that Toasty's agenda is very clear and its right he's held to account¨

if that link was posted on BMT or ET people would actually discuss the video and not the OP vendor status, odd all very odd

T2W is indeed an odd forum, albeit perhaps not quite in the way you think. It is odd that a supposedly experienced and profitable trader would post that video the way he did, with the description that he did.

I have watched it and reviewed it. It is 60 minutes of some guy talking about 5 minutes worth of extremely basic stuff.

What is there to discuss? The concept that if you expect to win less than half the time your winners must be larger than your lOOsers? That over trading is bad? That discipline is important? That one should endeavour to cut one's losses and let one's winners run?

There is nothing of interest in it to discuss, and so people discuss other things instead.

It sounds rather like it's you that's hobbling around trying to soothe your ragged asshole. :LOL:

I don't know why you do these things, like I told you you always end up looking bad. But you bring it on yourself, and only have yourself to blame. YOU built the ramp up to your ass, YOU laid the track, YOU bent over and said "The DT Butt-Tunnel is open for business! Give me the Express, boys!". That's why you got ass-railed.

You're too eloquent for a trader ;)

In terms of responding to your points, I have a rule of thumb. I will only respond to points that get made for the first time. I am afraid your lengthy posts didn't even merit getting read buy me.

Keep it short & you might get a shot.

I've had quite a few emails about this thread and if they are anything to go by, you might want to take a look in the mirror as to who looks bad, TL.

I also heard from a guy who came here and started a thread about his swing trading. He came here, a new member and put up a thread about his trading and got a good 'going over' by the usual suspects. He'll not be posting here again, but he does lurk over on the S&P500 thread.

Shame people like you do nothing to add content to the forum but everything to keep people from posting on it.

Still - whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Shame people like you do nothing to add content to the forum but everything to keep people from posting on it.

(n)

Exactly the sort of nonsense we can expect from a vendor. TL's content is light years ahead of most of the stuff we see here, clearly not everyone is going to be a position to appreciate it, but that's just the way things are.

everything that's to be said has been said - pity more of it wasn't a discussion about trading picked up from the video, whether it was basic, obvious or whatever. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.