From once a professional Gambler to A full time trader.

I used to be a professional gambler and was raking in quite a huge sum of money each month, i do still have my losing days but i believe that the money i earn from gambling is just not right. I do not feel complete. But now on the other hand after i was introduced to trading 4 years ago. even though i am not making as much as i used too, i am living a reasonable living and i am very happy now. I dont feel empty like i used to anymore. I attend seminars and go for forex talks. AND I AM A MUCH HAPPIER PERSON NOW!. JUST wanted to tell you guys out there that if you really want something you can achieve it no matter what it takes you will do it.

I used to be a professional gambler and was raking in quite a huge sum of money each month, i do still have my losing days but i believe that the money i earn from gambling is just not right. I do not feel complete. But now on the other hand after i was introduced to trading 4 years ago. even though i am not making as much as i used too, i am living a reasonable living and i am very happy now. I dont feel empty like i used to anymore. I attend seminars and go for forex talks. AND I AM A MUCH HAPPIER PERSON NOW!. JUST wanted to tell you guys out there that if you really want something you can achieve it no matter what it takes you will do it.

love to hear how you made money gambling?

a trader with conscience who works for greg secker

ok so they've removed seckers spammed links to the seminars - fair enough, good job (y)

but i ask why is this clearly obvious spammer allowed to live on with jackanory posts like.

"Hey guys i would love to attend trading seminars but most of the time i am going alone so i am wondering if any of you do attend all this seminars? Let me know if any of you are interested."

if you guys leave him he'll just continue to spam via pm (n)

:confused:

Last edited:

Perhaps that's what they want him to do ?

There needs to be some system that flags the member has having violated site guidelines, and which provides details of the violation. Any future PM or post should contain a warning that correspondence is from a known spammer.

In the case of affiliates, the product or service being promoted by the affiliate should be penalized too. Anyone else attempting to promote the same product should be treated in the same way.

I'd be perfectly happy for any member to see a full list of my violations, warnings, reasons for bans etc, and I don't see why vendors shouldn't be opened unto similar scrutiny.

The simplest solution is to remove the PM facility from vendors.

maybe they'll run with your suggestions, or a variation of. copy them to the ceo exchange as they'll get lost here.

The simplest solution is to remove the PM facility from vendors.
and to prevent vendors from posting links, surely?

new members shld have to have 20 posts before being able to post a link, though this will increase (if thats possible) the number of newbie inane boll0x posts.

maybe they'll run with your suggestions, or a variation of. copy them to the ceo exchange as they'll get lost here.

Steve's already decided what he's going to do regarding the vendor situation, so it's all a waste of time. More importantly, I wouldn't want them to do anything remotely sensible as theres a risk of reducing the the chance of some quality lulz.

they have zero control over the vendor situation, there are vendors who have nothing to do with trading posting links.

i am reporting ratio of 10:1 vendor spam to posts worth reading at present.

ok so they've removed seckers spammed links to the seminars - fair enough, good job (y)

but i ask why is this clearly obvious spammer allowed to live on with jackanory posts like.

"Hey guys i would love to attend trading seminars but most of the time i am going alone so i am wondering if any of you do attend all this seminars? Let me know if any of you are interested."

I'll say this again, if t2w is not going be tough on spammers then everything else Steve tries to do to benefit the site or the members is a waste of time and energy. So far very little has changed. That's all I have to say.

Peter

and to prevent vendors from posting links, surely?

Agreed. However, vendors being vendors will try to circumvent this by providing non linkable URLs in posts. It reduces the effectiveness of their spamming, but they'll still pick up some traffic.

T2w doesn't really have the resources to police this stuff effectively. The moderation team are already stretched.

The current policy of providing links via the vendor badge is a clear indication of the attitude of t2w's management on this issue. In essence, they are providing a technical solution to help vendors spam. The links in the vendor badge encourage this behavior. Any vendor who doesn't abuse the feature needs their heads examining.

They need to do the simple stuff first.
Remove the links from vendor badges
Don't allow vendors to include hyperlinks link in posts
Enforce existing policy regarding links in signatures etc
Remove the PM facility from vendors, if members wish to communicate with a vendor, they can do so via the vendors website, or telephone , email,twitter etc
Bans for vendors abusing these rules
Instant bans for vendors without badges
Full transparency of vendor rule violations

This is basic stuff they could do this afternoon if they where actually serious. However, the obvious solution is a vendor cess pit, but unfortunately it can't happen now.

All of the above s predicated on the assumption that they want to improve the site, but sadly we don't actually know t2w's aims and objectives, so non of us can comment really, and besides that Steve's already taken the decision regarding policy with respect to the vendor infestation.

I'll say this again, if t2w is not going be tough on spammers then everything else Steve tries to do to benefit the site or the members is a waste of time and energy. So far very little has changed. That's all I have to say.

Peter

They've taken decisive action on vendors. It was announced before Steve went on holiday (although I must admit I didn't see the announcement)

Can't you see the improvements already ?

Even if everyone was fully committed to the idea, i suspect that eliminating the vendor infection is going to be as difficult as dragging a dead horse through soft sand. I can think of at least 3 team members who'll be sat on the horse, rather than pulling on the rope.

I can think of at least 3 team members who'll be sat on the horse, rather than pulling on the rope.

Understandable, since they expect you to do all the pulling even though they haven't given you a share in t2w.

With your enthusiasm and energy, have you ever considered starting your own forum and play a bit of a CEO ? There's a lot more money in it than trading. Though it might take an hour of desk work a day that you might not be used to.

1st thread I click on tonight is this spammer:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-software/159558-help-forex-robot.html#post1997084

Why should we bother reporting the post when t2w just removes the link and lets him continue on his merry way? See my earlier post in this thread.
Also, if t2w is stretched thin in mods then why not do it right the first time so you don't make extra work by removing links again and again from the same spammers???

NOTE to t2w techie team: T2W is showing the alleged spammer has a total of 2 posts but a search of his posts reveals 4. What's up with that?

Peter

At this rate it'll be vendor 2 vendor, bot 2 bot dialogue in the near future, all coded with zero lulz settings.

At this rate it'll be vendor 2 vendor, bot 2 bot dialogue in the near future, all coded with zero lulz settings.

Your projection is correct. Like in trading, the indicators are lagging. The advertisers get high on former forum membership figures. The website buyers get high on former forum advertiser revenue numbers. So if t2w sells out just before the lagging indicators trend lower, it wouldn't matter if there is no lulz to attract new forum joes. It's a risky strategy but would work if they already have some suiters looking for advertising revenues figures to hit a certain threshold before jumping in. But they would be buying at the top.

To hope for disappearance of spammers is wishful thinking. The vendor badge buyers are likely to be the bread and butter driver for advertising revenue growth. That means there will be strong interest in converting the free-riding ninja spammers to badge buyers. Getting rid of them or vigorously discouraging them makes no business sense.

Last edited: