From once a professional Gambler to A full time trader.

UKTraderExpert

6 0
I used to be a professional gambler and was raking in quite a huge sum of money each month, i do still have my losing days but i believe that the money i earn from gambling is just not right. I do not feel complete. But now on the other hand after i was introduced to trading 4 years ago. even though i am not making as much as i used too, i am living a reasonable living and i am very happy now. I dont feel empty like i used to anymore. I attend seminars and go for forex talks. AND I AM A MUCH HAPPIER PERSON NOW!. JUST wanted to tell you guys out there that if you really want something you can achieve it no matter what it takes you will do it.

Lord Flasheart

Legendary member
9,796 975
I used to be a professional gambler and was raking in quite a huge sum of money each month, i do still have my losing days but i believe that the money i earn from gambling is just not right. I do not feel complete. But now on the other hand after i was introduced to trading 4 years ago. even though i am not making as much as i used too, i am living a reasonable living and i am very happy now. I dont feel empty like i used to anymore. I attend seminars and go for forex talks. AND I AM A MUCH HAPPIER PERSON NOW!. JUST wanted to tell you guys out there that if you really want something you can achieve it no matter what it takes you will do it.

love to hear how you made money gambling?

Mr Woozel

365 8
I dont feel empty like i used to anymore. I attend seminars and go for forex talks. AND I AM A MUCH HAPPIER PERSON NOW!.

Your life is not empty anymore and you are happy now all because you attend Forex seminars and talks? :(

Another wind up post...

Reactions: wackypete2

Lightning McQueen

4,916 780
a trader with conscience who works for greg secker

ok so they've removed seckers spammed links to the seminars - fair enough, good job (y)

but i ask why is this clearly obvious spammer allowed to live on with jackanory posts like.

"Hey guys i would love to attend trading seminars but most of the time i am going alone so i am wondering if any of you do attend all this seminars? Let me know if any of you are interested."

if you guys leave him he'll just continue to spam via pm (n)

:confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: rsh01

the hare

2,949 1,283

Perhaps that's what they want him to do ?

There needs to be some system that flags the member has having violated site guidelines, and which provides details of the violation. Any future PM or post should contain a warning that correspondence is from a known spammer.

In the case of affiliates, the product or service being promoted by the affiliate should be penalized too. Anyone else attempting to promote the same product should be treated in the same way.

I'd be perfectly happy for any member to see a full list of my violations, warnings, reasons for bans etc, and I don't see why vendors shouldn't be opened unto similar scrutiny.

The simplest solution is to remove the PM facility from vendors.

Lightning McQueen

4,916 780
maybe they'll run with your suggestions, or a variation of. copy them to the ceo exchange as they'll get lost here.

rsh01

Experienced member
1,184 299
The simplest solution is to remove the PM facility from vendors.
and to prevent vendors from posting links, surely?

new members shld have to have 20 posts before being able to post a link, though this will increase (if thats possible) the number of newbie inane boll0x posts.

the hare

2,949 1,283
maybe they'll run with your suggestions, or a variation of. copy them to the ceo exchange as they'll get lost here.

Steve's already decided what he's going to do regarding the vendor situation, so it's all a waste of time. More importantly, I wouldn't want them to do anything remotely sensible as theres a risk of reducing the the chance of some quality lulz.

Reactions: Lightning McQueen

rsh01

Experienced member
1,184 299
they have zero control over the vendor situation, there are vendors who have nothing to do with trading posting links.

i am reporting ratio of 10:1 vendor spam to posts worth reading at present.

wackypete2

Legendary member
10,229 2,053
ok so they've removed seckers spammed links to the seminars - fair enough, good job (y)

but i ask why is this clearly obvious spammer allowed to live on with jackanory posts like.

"Hey guys i would love to attend trading seminars but most of the time i am going alone so i am wondering if any of you do attend all this seminars? Let me know if any of you are interested."

I'll say this again, if t2w is not going be tough on spammers then everything else Steve tries to do to benefit the site or the members is a waste of time and energy. So far very little has changed. That's all I have to say.

Peter

the hare

2,949 1,283
and to prevent vendors from posting links, surely?

Agreed. However, vendors being vendors will try to circumvent this by providing non linkable URLs in posts. It reduces the effectiveness of their spamming, but they'll still pick up some traffic.

T2w doesn't really have the resources to police this stuff effectively. The moderation team are already stretched.

The current policy of providing links via the vendor badge is a clear indication of the attitude of t2w's management on this issue. In essence, they are providing a technical solution to help vendors spam. The links in the vendor badge encourage this behavior. Any vendor who doesn't abuse the feature needs their heads examining.

They need to do the simple stuff first.
Remove the links from vendor badges
Don't allow vendors to include hyperlinks link in posts
Enforce existing policy regarding links in signatures etc
Remove the PM facility from vendors, if members wish to communicate with a vendor, they can do so via the vendors website, or telephone , email,twitter etc
Bans for vendors abusing these rules
Instant bans for vendors without badges
Full transparency of vendor rule violations

This is basic stuff they could do this afternoon if they where actually serious. However, the obvious solution is a vendor cess pit, but unfortunately it can't happen now.

All of the above s predicated on the assumption that they want to improve the site, but sadly we don't actually know t2w's aims and objectives, so non of us can comment really, and besides that Steve's already taken the decision regarding policy with respect to the vendor infestation.

Reactions: timsk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock