From professional poker player to professional trader?

Actually BA hons. Don't know why it took you so long to say you're a bonus whore.

I never said anything of the sort. And as was mentioned before, why would I come on here and divulge any information about my strategies, just because you asked me? In the same respect, I wouldn't expect anyone on here to reveal any details of trading strategies they use. I posted here to discuss making a transition from gambling markets to financial markets, not to argue or engage in flame wars with people.

I guess a question to Wesley and Squizzel is why you would expect the financial markets which are massively more liquid, efficient and professionally driven, and also have sell-side house edges to overcome, would allow you better margins than your current areas of expertise? To the extent that short-term markets are zero-sum, who are the fish you'll be taking money off?

I just asked if it was live or online, it's a very simple question and there's no strategy you divulge by answering a basic question. Reason I asked is I was interested in your skillset, but forget it really. If you can't answer i'll answer for myself, I know what people who call themselves "professional blackjack/roulette" players always turn out to be.

I've read between the lines arabian and you should be the last person to comment on stupidity.

I guess a question to Wesley and Squizzel is why you would expect the financial markets which are massively more liquid, efficient and professionally driven, and also have sell-side house edges to overcome, would allow you better margins than your current areas of expertise? To the extent that short-term markets are zero-sum, who are the fish you'll be taking money off?

Liquidity / Scalability.

Go to vegas and you can bet $200,000 hand if you wish. Bet 5 boxes and you can risk $1M in one hand. Even go to 50 in London.

didn't fifty shut down last year?

2009 actually, seems that you're right. Still plenty of other places around in london that you can put a large sum of money down on a hand of blackjack/baccarat or a spin of roulette.

There was some nut on the telly who put every penny he had on 1 spin of the wheel at roulette, with the managements permission. About $1m. Red or black

lol, he sold everything he owned and had $136,000 at the end of it. It's not real btw.

I just realised i really dont care that much about trading. Its so much more fun to win someones money. I need a holiday and to get my dick wet. I dont need to start from scratch. Also, i know its bad to be emotionally invested in something. But my im basically institutionalised, ive played poker every day almost for 4 years. Its what i know. My brain is basically a range calculating machine, thats all im good for.

So if there's so much variance free money to be made in training videos why aren't top players such as Phil Ivey, Patrik Antonius, Tom Dwan, Viktor Blom and many others making training videos? Phil Galfond arguably one of the only decent players making training videos although he's known for being a huge bum-hunter. As for the other guys making training videos they cheat and use underhand tactics and inevitably have recently lost their money that they made when the games were easy. eg. Brian Townsend, Cole South, Krantz etc. Training sites are all just a con really.

Perhaps you should learn PLO or play HU. If you really want to try trading then go for it, but I still think you're better off trading on a longer term with your money rather than getting chopped around with the other day traders.

Perhaps there is an inflection point. Where to everyone except the biggest nosebleed winners, making videos provides alot of money. Wheras when you reach a certain point, providing videos is bad to your bottom line.

As a whole though, i was learning poker before the video training sites. Considering the damage they have done to the games, i wish they didnt exist. Because it allows people who dont show innititive to get decently good, without much effort. Wheras people like me, would get that good with or without a video training site.

Basically it takes away alot of the mystique. And poor players can learn the right thing to do, without even knowing why. They wont be as good as me. But someone who sucks can cut there loss by 90% after a few days of watching videos.

Also, here is my graph from the last whatever days if you guys are interested.

lifeistough.png

Nice graph, how's it with EV adjustment? Looking at your stats you seem to play pretty tight out of the blinds, have you ever thought of 3betting light from the blinds vs BTN raises or making your blind play a bit less predictable? It looks like quite a good thing that graph and I wouldn't be in a rush to give it up.

Running bellow allin ev overall. But only about 5k over a million hands. So i got a fair shake of it. I ran above ev for the first half and below for the second half. Although, allin ev really doesnt tell you the whole story. Nowhere near.

My stats have evolved over that time. I play nothing like that now. I play closer to 25/20 at 6max and 3bet 7%/ WWSF approaching 50% and w$sd lower lately, although i think thats because im running bad. Over time i have gotten much better, before you could just play a solid TAG strategy and pick up spots where you know you have a big edge and forfeit other spots. Now you have to play alot more marginal spots if you want to make money. That is unless, you can find a table full of retards. Even then, i still play every +ev spot i can, even if its totally marginal, i guess its just in my nature.

Yeah, all in EV very flawed. But kind of useful for PLO when you're all in almost every single flop and can't work out whether it's a good or bad spot.

What sites were you playing? I take it FTP was one as you have rush up there. If you had money on a ton of sites you could just game select really strictly. That, or learn heads up and become a pro bum hunter.