Forex Day Trader's Thread

That's something that all Western politicians have in common.. they are incapable of saying anything to help the USD, EUR or GBP.. it could almost become a trading strategy

That's something that all Western leaders have in common.. they are incapable of saying anything to help the USD, EUR or GBP.. it could almost become a trading strategy

Damn - I thought I was the only one who'd cottoned on to that one!!

agree short euro. Euro sooo overvalued.
long sterling, short usd.

i see gbp/usd at 1.8 by year end.

The last two days surely have been profitable as we've been staring down the face of the world's most obvious Eur/USD long opportunity.. However, now things are cloudy as hell. Obviously risk appetite has returned for US investors, but I believe that they are short-term profit seekers.

I went long as well and stand a bit amazed that we reached 1.418. Technically we shouldn't be here and the Euro is horrifically overbought. At the same time we have a prominent German ex-finance minister telling the current finance minister to come clean about the state of the economy in 2009 which could be "the greatest financial crisis on the history of the German Republic" with as much as -6% GDP growth, yet the Euro is bought like hotcakes.

Of course then we've smashed through the long-term SMA and far exceeded bands resistance. So I should long Euros right?? Hell no..

I have ultimate faith in our fine, fine, brilliant leaders and will long USD as a result.. No, sorry I don't, but I do have faith in the nightmare known as the credit crunch. It is the gift which will continue to give far beyond mid-December 2008.

I'm actively shorting Euros with 2 lots at 1.413 with stops at 1.43 and will double-down with 4 or more lots if stopped out. I'm willing to bet the farm with 8 lots at 1.45..

This Euro strength is ridiculous and mathematically and tehcnically makes little sense.. The market will correct this..

euro could still see 1.12 , there is really nothing changed in my outlook..
i bet gbp will be worse....

lovely week, ridd a bit volatile however this week ;)..
sharply underwater, but fighted back to sharply above water

god bless the lord

euro could still see 1.12 , there is really nothing changed in my outlook..
i bet gbp will be worse....

I'd think euro has a high chance to see it's recent high around 1.47 and then trading in range 1.37-1.47 for a while

But the short term outlook is down if it able to break the daily trend around 1.400 in a day or 2

Last edited:
banked a wimpy 15 on ninja.. best not to take my normal Sunday/ Monday beating and wait for a trend to develop.. we're not on the floor and as such Sunday/Monday is a crap shoot

hahahahah.. thank god.. look at this price action.. I'd rather be dead than take a position on this headlness chickenness .. yes, chickenness is a word.. look it up

I've got a EURO order in at the 1.384 pivot with a tight stop.. I expect the range to hold