Esignal: this is silly, someone please help

stoic

I am using Esignal as a datafeed and Ensign windows (which I love by the way), BUT, and this is a big BUT, I'm paying $321 a month for the whole package and all I use is YM #F (dow mini futures)!! I don't want and don't care about the stocks and other symbols. ALL I want is the dow, the S&P and maybe the FTSE 100 futures in a more appropriate package.

Does anyone know of another real time streaming datafeed provider (I'm willing to give up ensign) who will give me that three above data that I want without me having to get the a tonne of other symbols that I just don't need?

Just call esignal US and and you just tell them what you really need to trade. Go to esignal.com. for more information.

Vinman :cool:

Hi,
Hmmm if you have a package like tradestation 2000i,all you need is brokerage account with Interactive Brokers,pay exchange fee(abt $10) and not only trade the dow future at abt the cheapest cost and one point spread,but d/laod there data into yr charting package and you have live charts.To d/load data you will need connectinng s/ware,which is FREE,from Hypertrader.it (site seems to be down at moment but should be back next day or two).might also work with Ensign,not sure thgh.All these other data providers are just tooooo much.

If you want to stay with eSignal I would contact them and explain what it is you need, that is a ridiculous amount for what you need, if you are a serious trader, and at those fees you ought to be, ask about an annual per-paid package this will help reduce costs, and find out exactly what add-ons you are paying for verses what you need, pre-paid the basic package should be around $85 - $90 a month and then exchange fees on top

Ensign accepts IB data and has its own history feed.

Cost - peanuts (if you discount what you have to pay for ensign)

LII

stoic said:
I am using Esignal as a datafeed and Ensign windows (which I love by the way), BUT, and this is a big BUT, I'm paying $321 a month for the whole package and all I use is YM #F (dow mini futures)!! I don't want and don't care about the stocks and other symbols. ALL I want is the dow, the S&P and maybe the FTSE 100 futures in a more appropriate package.

Does anyone know of another real time streaming datafeed provider (I'm willing to give up ensign) who will give me that three above data that I want without me having to get the a tonne of other symbols that I just don't need?

If you want cheap. You cant beat www.prophet.net its only $39.00 a month. UK money only 23 quid. You got the YM futures S&P futures Tick charts. about 100 indictors if you in to that, plus much more. and the live feeds are spot on. all web based.

thanks for all the replies and the PM from Zenda.

Spoke to ESignal and they could downgrade me - to $221 a month!!! I asked them can they just give me the futures data and that's it and they said no, I have to be on ESignal premier to do that, plus the exchange fee for CBOT.

Anyway looks like I'll be a client of www.prorealtime.com from now on.

Thanks again.

Stoic so you switched to www.realtimepro.com in July'05 - just wanted to know how you would now rate their data-feed?
I am in a similar position to you in that I am only looking to trade a few specific futures contracts.