i need help setting up esignal with ts2001

hi im still having trouble, i can only get data for today and yes i have tired both options in the data radio.

it definately has something to do with 'download from esignal' file, as you see from my screenshot below it does not recieve any data from the download.

DId you set it to download more than one day this time ?
You have to set the dates for the historical and the intraday separately.

If your esignal charts are updating and you've got some data into GS, then it can only be an incorrect parameter somewhere in the download dialogue.
Glenn

DId you set it to download more than one day this time ?
You have to set the dates for the historical and the intraday separately.

If your esignal charts are updating and you've got some data into GS, then it can only be an incorrect parameter somewhere in the download dialogue.
Glenn

yes esignal charts are fine, i try to set date ranges to more than one day but still no joy.

it does not seem to download data, only one days worth, do i download tick, minute and aily?

cheers

hi glenn, is there a support phone number i can call?

many thanks if u have it...........been on it all day now, very fraustrating, no matter what i do i cannot get any data into ts longer than starting from today. I have tried to even change the server im downloading from.
It loads all the tick data and minute data, daily data when i load it but even when i select further back date ranges it stll only loads data from today.

cheers

The plugin sits in a grey area between Esignal and Tradestation, so you don't get the kind of support response you would like from either party.
Try Esignal e-mail here [email protected]
All Contact details here eSignal Central: Contact Us
If you have a cosher copy of tradestation you can get on their user forum. Otherwise the product is unsupported afaik.

If you load a chart for RIMM in Esignal itself, does it go back more than one day ?
If so then it has had to bring the data down for previous days.
So the data is available from esignal.
It must be something you are doing wrong with the GS download procedure, but I can't spot it.
However you won't get tick or 1 minute data going back to Jan 08 ! You should get an error message saying you can only have 180 days of 1-min data.

For the strats you only need 1-Minute and I Day boxes ticked.
Try the download again just using those settings.
Glenn

hi glenn, yes i have emailed them thanks.

yes if i load RIMM i get data futher back than one day,

I do get that error message if i try more than 180 days and i have also tried downloading just 5 days worth and still nothing. In the edit data file when i load data at the bottom it does day ' available data range form 29/9/08 to 29/9/08, but when i load day data the range is from 1995 but even then it seems to load but the data i get when i open a ts chart is still from yesterday only.

I tried to download just minute and day data from 'download from esignal' and still i only get from yesterday. Can it have anything to do with update sp5?, as i tired to update but when i run set up it said 'not enough room in my temp file to open' and decompression failed. Anyway i should think the update is not the problem as i want to use esignal historical data.

cheers

jason

hi glenn, yes i have emailed them thanks.

yes if i load RIMM i get data futher back than one day,

I do get that error message if i try more than 180 days and i have also tried downloading just 5 days worth and still nothing. In the edit data file when i load data at the bottom it does day ' available data range form 29/9/08 to 29/9/08, but when i load day data the range is from 1995 but even then it seems to load but the data i get when i open a ts chart is still from yesterday only.

I tried to download just minute and day data from 'download from esignal' and still i only get from yesterday. Can it have anything to do with update sp5?, as i tired to update but when i run set up it said 'not enough room in my temp file to open' and decompression failed. Anyway i should think the update is not the problem as i want to use esignal historical data.

cheers

jason

In your TS chart, right click and select Format Symbol.
Change the number of days back. Does that help ?

You need to clear the stuff out of the temp folder to install SP5 after installing SP4.
Look in something like -
C / Program Files / Omega Research /Temp

Glenn

hi tried to delete files in the temp directory, the files were listed as q25,q5,q6,q3.....not sure i was in the right directory, anyway it did not help and i recieve the the message'The decompression of % failed. 'There may not be enough free disk space in the TEMP directory'.

Do i need the updates?, should work fine without them shouldn't it?

I tried to put the days back in the ts chart with no luck, it always starts from yesterday.

bugger, thanks for all your help , i appreciate it

hi in this screenshot you will see at the bottom of the edit symbol box it says 'available date range', as you can see it alwasys starts from yesterdays date and i can not adjust no matter what i do, so therefore i don't think its set up to recieve data further than yesterday....

Attachments

• TOGLENN5.PNG
    TOGLENN5.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 236
also it stays connected in the download peformance window forever or sometimes says download complete in this very window but no data downloads, my feelins are this is where the problem lies as im not downloading the data so this is why the data range is only available from yesterday.

how long should it stay connected for for?, i mean i have left it for 30 mins and still nothing happens

I don't know if TS will work without SP5, so suggest you persist in finding and emptying the correct folder.

Do a search for Temp
If you find other folders there should be no harm in deleting their contents.

Once the download window says 'Download Complete' you can close it.

Glenn

ok thanks glenn, there are so many temp folders on my pc, does this sound right to delete? "c:\Program Files\Omega Research\Server\Temp\Q4.tmp"

i am sure i need the sp5 update as on esignal forum instructions for the update says you need it so hopefully this is it.

ok thanks glenn, there are so many temp folders on my pc, does this sound right to delete? "c:\Program Files\Omega Research\Server\Temp\Q4.tmp"

i am sure i need the sp5 update as on esignal forum instructions for the update says you need it so hopefully this is it.

It's so long ago since I did this I can't remember if it's the folder you mention.

Set up a new folder TEMPCOPY somewhere.
Copy the files from the temp folder into it.
Delete the original temp files in the temp folder.
Run SP5 update.
If you get the same error it was the wrong Temp folder, so copy the files from TEMPCOPY back into it.
Now you are safely back where you started.
Do it again with another Temp folder. til you find the right one.
Glenn

thanks i now can run the update sp5 because of the help you gave me, but when it loads up it say 'this is for build 771 or 822 only'..............what does this mean?

It is the version that you have. If you click on Help and then About you will have a version that reads something like 5.00.0822

Make sure the last three numbers are either 771 or 822

Paul

It is the version that you have. If you click on Help and then About you will have a version that reads something like 5.00.0822

Make sure the last three numbers are either 771 or 822

Paul

Version: 5.00.0771 thanks paul. I don't get it as i have build 771 so whats it talking about?

You have version 771 so the update is correct for your copy and you should run it.

Paul

what do you think it means when its says this update is for builds 771 or 822 only and says aborting set-up?...........very strange

I don't know, it is possible that you need to update with sp4 first as Glenn was saying. Try downloading the sp4 update and run that then see if you can run sp5.

Paul

I don't know, it is possible that you need to update with sp4 first as Glenn was saying. Try downloading the sp4 update and run that then see if you can run sp5.

Paul

I had the impression that he'd already done the SP4 update, which is why the Temp folder got full (happens every time).

You're right, you do have to run SP4 before SP5.

Glenn

ok well i tried to run sp4 and did so with success, but now i have the TEMP directory full again so cannot load sp5. I went back to the c:\Program Files\Omega Research\Server\Temp\Q4.tmp" where i deleted temps file previously with success but it is empty so now im really confused