i need help setting up esignal with ts2001

yeah i have checked and all temp files are gone but i still get the message, must be not enough space somewhere else then but where.

yes and when i run disk cleanup i delete all temp files but when i go back into disk cleanup they are there again.

i finally got a reply from technical support but not very helpful, here it is:

You may need to use an older version of the data manager to use with tradestation 2000i as it may be using an older version of global server. I'm not too sure as I have not seen the program working or knowledge of the software. Tradestation is not supporting TS2000i anymore I believe and I have also heard that the globalserver is unable to be supported on Vista but you may need to verify this from tradestation.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or need additional assistance by responding to this email or contacting us via LiveRep.

Regards,
Mitchell
eSignal Support

yes and when i run disk cleanup i delete all temp files but when i go back into disk cleanup they are there again.

i finally got a reply from technical support but not very helpful, here it is:

You may need to use an older version of the data manager to use with tradestation 2000i as it may be using an older version of global server. I'm not too sure as I have not seen the program working or knowledge of the software. Tradestation is not supporting TS2000i anymore I believe and I have also heard that the globalserver is unable to be supported on Vista but you may need to verify this from tradestation.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or need additional assistance by responding to this email or contacting us via LiveRep.

Regards,
Mitchell
eSignal Support

Try this
TradeStation2000i - Support

Make sure that there are no hidden files and folders. My computer - Tools - Folder options - View Tab - Show hidden files and folders.

Glenn

yes thanks, it was not showing hidden files. But now every temp file is gone and still the same message.

It funny though because when i ran disk cleanup, the tempory files are there again, i delete them all manually too. It seems there are some temporary files i can't get too. My hard disk is drive i: not c:.

anyway its doing my head in now, never had troubles like this when using ts8.1 or ninja trader.
Can anyone reccomend a feed that will work staight away and simple to set up?

jason

i ditched them purely becaue i have a new indicator that is ELA coded and i will not be able to use on TS8.1 subscribtion, also i was told ts2001i with a data feed is more faster and reliable than ts8.1. what do u think?

What i have done is downloaded the first original plugin that esignal bought out for this, well it works and i get daily data for my day bars but this time the available date range is still from 29/9/08 still and so is tick data. So i can get day data now but still no minute or tick???

this proves beyond doubt it is the plugin and i cannot download sp5, only up to sp4 because of the stupid TEMP folder somewhere.

what if i tried it in safe mode or copied the sp5 set up files somewhere and did it manually without shield?

i need sp5 for sure, is there any other way to download it without getting this temp error? as ijust can't get to this folder for some reason or even find it?

i need sp5 for sure, is there any other way to download it without getting this temp error? as ijust can't get to this folder for some reason or even find it?

When I had this problem I did a search of my whole PC for any Temp folder anywhere on any disk drive.
That is all I can suggest if you haven't already done it.
If you have only been looking on your i drive then that may be the reason.

Glenn

ok thanks, ive adjusted to show all hidden files but when i use the search in windows and while its searching for files it says -looking in system folders, -not looking in hidden files and folders

is there any other round it?, what about safe mode?

ok thanks, ive adjusted to show all hidden files but when i use the search in windows and while its searching for files it says -looking in system folders, -not looking in hidden files and folders

is there any other round it?, what about safe mode?

Use Advanced search and tick the box for hidden stuff.
Glenn

thanks glenn, did that but search come up that the temps files were gone.....anyway i tried to zip the set up file and extract myself and see where it was extracting to. I found that i have two temp directories, anyway i have tried to load from both but still the same problem. It keeps saying its full even when i delete all files in both temp directories. I have sent you a screenshot of them both. It seems the data1 file is the big file its having trouble with. Anyway is there anyway i can put these files into the right places myself???

here it is......................

Attachments

• TOGLENN6.PNG
    TOGLENN6.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 206
glenn, i manage to do it, i now have sp5 update, can you beleive it it is now saying password is invalid when i try to open chart

still cannot get into my chars or tradestation since the sp5 update was installed.

can i get away with just the sp4 updates only as this seemed to work or will i encounter problems with tick and minute data with this update?

sorry to be a pain but ive searched everywhere and every thread and no answers.

i just don't get why its saying invalid password with sp5, it worked fine with other updates before this

glenn, i manage to do it, i now have sp5 update, can you beleive it it is now saying

So did you find a temp folder on another drive ? (Usually the C drive)

"password is invalid when i try to open chart"
Do you mean that you have loaded up TS2000, and when you try to open a chart it asks for a password ?

Glenn

So did you find a temp folder on another drive ? (Usually the C drive)

"password is invalid when i try to open chart"
Do you mean that you have loaded up TS2000, and when you try to open a chart it asks for a password ?

Glenn

yes glenn, so fraustrating!.

now password is invalid with sp5.

i found the temp file by zipping the set up files, then when extracting i could see the location the files were being sent to, anyway i could then get acces to the correct temp file which was in documents and settings. somehow the searches i made never discovered them.

any ideas with the invalid password?, i think i may have to delete some registry files but then my concern is when i reinstall they will be there again and ill have same problem with password after updating to sp5.

yes glenn, so fraustrating!.

now password is invalid with sp5.

i found the temp file by zipping the set up files, then when extracting i could see the location the files were being sent to, anyway i could then get acces to the correct temp file which was in documents and settings. somehow the searches i made never discovered them.

any ideas with the invalid password?, i think i may have to delete some registry files but then my concern is when i reinstall they will be there again and ill have same problem with password after updating to sp5.

Perhaps after all the fiddling about something got corrupted.
A re-install would probably resolve this.
Glenn

ive tried that.

its wierd in the disk drive it says i have G:\TS2000I\Prosuite 2000 SP5 Build 822

strange as when i first got the copy im sure it was not this, but files shouldn't copied to the cd drive should they

ive tried that.

its wierd in the disk drive it says i have G:\TS2000I\Prosuite 2000 SP5 Build 822

strange as when i first got the copy im sure it was not this, but files shouldn't copied to the cd drive should they

"in the disk drive" - Which disk drive ?
Is the G drive your CD drive ?
The install will install where you tell it to install. Did you tell it to install on the CD drive ?
Have you accidentally copied stuff to the CD Drive ?
I'ts difficult doing this remotely and it would help if you took more time to explain what you do.
Glenn