i need help setting up esignal with ts2001

jayjay121

Established member
hi just got esignal,

its costing me $159 per month, does this sound right?,i choose all the north american and american stock exchanges. I just want to trade all us equities and have the major us index charts.

Anyway i don't know if its right but i have recieved the actual esignal charting package with it, i thought i was only getting the datafeed, is this normal?

Anyway i am currently adding the symbols into globalserver which is no problem but the charts in ts2001 say no data when i try to open, everything is connected to the dbc esignal datafeed in globalserver so what is the problem???

Im guessing here but i think maybe its something to do with the fact i need to import some data to ts2001 first, how do i do this??

thanks if u can help me out.

First you need the free Globalserver plug-in fron E-signal's website.
eSignal Central Forums - Tradestation 2000i
When you have installed that you can use Globalserver to download historical data from e-signal into Globalserver.
eSignal Central Forums - TS2k-GlobalServer-ActiveX Plugin with FOREX

ONce you have the data downloaded, you can select which symbols you want to update in real-time by right-clicking on a symbol in GS and selecting 'Connect Symbol'

If you want to connect all symbols, use Edit - Select all. Then right-click anywhere in the highlighted symbols and select 'Connect Symbol'.

Yes you get the charting package and yes it ain't particularly cheap :)
Glenn

glenn, thankyou very much for this, really appreciate it.

I notice this plug in is not compatible with vista, i have got xp at the mo but was thinking of getting vista as my pc keeps crashing from time to time and i have replaced the hard disk, ram, video card, re done windows to no avail and it keeps crashing every now and then. I would get a new pc but i have spent too much now replacing parts so i was thinking maybe if i replace the operating system from xp to vista perhaps this will finally do the trick, what do you think? and if so can i get ts and esignal to work on vista?

regards and thanks again,

jason

There are a number of issues using TS2000i with Vista and Vista itself is no better for reliability than XP in my view.

Paul

hi i have downloaded plugin, thankyou. So i now get 'download from esignal' file on my globalserver which i never got before. Anyway when i try to download data from esignal i select my symbols but its says download complete very quickly without downloading anything, i know this as the values are 0 in the recieved colum and when i try to open a chart in ts i still get no data.

can anyone help, this is alot different to ts8.1 subscribtion i had before, i hope it is worth all this hassle.

just see your advice there paul, ok thanks i will stick with xp and perhaps a new pc

hi i have downloaded plugin, thankyou. So i now get 'download from esignal' file on my globalserver which i never got before. Anyway when i try to download data from esignal i select my symbols but its says download complete very quickly without downloading anything, i know this as the values are 0 in the recieved colum and when i try to open a chart in ts i still get no data.

can anyone help, this is alot different to ts8.1 subscribtion i had before, i hope it is worth all this hassle.

just see your advice there paul, ok thanks i will stick with xp and perhaps a new pc

You haven't explained the detailed steps you took (if any) to do the download. It isn't that simple the first time you do it.
DId you follow the detailed instructions inthe second link I posted ?

You need to set up the checkboxes to say which groups of symbols you are downloading (Indices, Stocks, Forex etc) and then set the dates From-To for the Daily and Intraday downloads.

Was your PC crashing before you installed TS2000 ?
Ts2000 is pretty resource-hungry, especially when you use Radar screens, so if you have an old processor and little memory you are very likely to get slowdowns.
If you need a new PC I agree with Paul, stick to XP Service Pack 2 (not 3) if you can. As an old IT pro I never upgrade until as late as possible, to let other people sort all the bugs out.
Glenn

good advice thanks,

no pc has been crashing for sometime, its wierd and runs fine for long periods but every now and then it will just shut down without no warning.

Anyway i did take all the steps in the second link but it did not seem to download, it says download complete but it was instant and did not seem to download the data when i was in 'download from esignal', i checked all forex, indices, stocks and tried to download from januray 2008 to present and all tick, minute and day data but no joy.

BY THE WAY MY PC IS INTEL 3.6GHZ, 500 GB HARD DISK, 2GB DDR RAM, VIDEO CARD, NETWORK CARD
cheers jason

Last edited:
good advice thanks,

no pc has been crashing for sometime, its wierd and runs fine for long periods but every now and then it will just shut down without no warning.

Anyway i did take all the steps in the second link but it did not seem to download, it says download complete but it was instant and did not seem to download the data when i was in 'download from esignal', i checked all forex, indices, stocks and tried to download from januray 2008 to present and all tick, minute and day data but no joy.

BY THE WAY MY PC IS INTEL 3.6GHZ, 500 GB HARD DISK, 2GB DDR RAM, VIDEO CARD, NETWORK CARD
cheers jason

OK maybe you need to look in Globalserver at how you have set each symbol up.
e.g.
Which Exchange ?
Have you set stocks up as Indices or vice versa ?

This part can be fiddly and confusing until you get the hang of it.

Glenn

OK maybe you need to look in Globalserver at how you have set each symbol up.
e.g.
Which Exchange ?
Have you set stocks up as Indices or vice versa ?

This part can be fiddly and confusing until you get the hang of it.

Glenn

ok ill check that out but im sure its ok, the symbols mainly auto detect except 3 symbols.

It is connected to esignal data as it says connected and when i close the data manager down it disconects, so that seems fine, i think its definately something to do with ts2001 not getting the data for some reason.....ill keep trying but im sure ive done everything as set out in the second link you gave me.

By the way i may have narrowed down why my pc keeps crashing as i tried to run disk clean up today and when i tried to delete old compressed files my pc crashed again...will kaspersky do the trick or should i just format the hard disk and start from stratch? i do have xp service pk 2 by the way.

regards,

jason

ok ill check that out but im sure its ok, the symbols mainly auto detect except 3 symbols.

It is connected to esignal data as it says connected and when i close the data manager down it disconects, so that seems fine, i think its definately something to do with ts2001 not getting the data for some reason.....ill keep trying but im sure ive done everything as set out in the second link you gave me.

By the way i may have narrowed down why my pc keeps crashing as i tried to run disk clean up today and when i tried to delete old compressed files my pc crashed again...will kaspersky do the trick or should i just format the hard disk and start from stratch? i do have xp service pk 2 by the way.

regards,

jason

We could compare notes on a couple of your symbols to see if we have the same 'settings'.
See what you find in GS first.

kaspersky is Anti'virus s/w isn't it. Can't see how that would help unless you think you have a virus - or do they have another product to examine your PC's guts ?

Re-formatting is a bit harsh. Do you need to archive stuff off the disk before you do that ? Otherwise you'll lose it all.
Have you tried PCPitstop to have your pc checked over (free) ?

Glenn

well i have backed up all files on usb stick, all important stuff. i would have to re do all trading software.

anyway just downloaded ccleaner, it seems to have cleaned up the registry abit, i had alot of missing dll files and active x issues, well i see how it goes.

ok i will send a screenshot in ait of my symbol list if you would not mind checking.....thanks again.

here is my symbol list................

Attachments

• TOGLENN.PNG
    TOGLENN.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 255
here is the screenshot once i try to download data from esignal.......can you see the download box below?, it says it did not recieve or process any data so it seems the download did not work even though its say download complete.

Attachments

• TOGLENN2.PNG
    TOGLENN2.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 272
Have to look later - got a position running
G

thankyou thats no problem, appreciate the help.

heres one more link that may help you see the problem.........this is the screenshot of when i try to open a chart in ts2001, i notice the only symbol i have is AAPL, and not my other symbols, maybe there is something in that perhaps?

cheers

Attachments

• TOGLENN3.PNG
    TOGLENN3.PNG
    137.7 KB · Views: 277
3rd picture is ok. It only shows the last symbol you chose. If you type another symbol in, it should find it.
Can't interrupt my GS to check your other parameters because it stops updating. Have to leave it til after the close.
Look at the "Data to distribute" radio buttons in the download window (toglenn2). You have picked the wrong one I think.
Check Esignal data manager says "System performing normally".
Try loading up a chart in Esignal itself and see if it's updating.
Glenn

i have actually got data to my charts now.......yes!, but now the problem i have is the data is only from one day so no historical data and i cannot go back further than today.........i try to put range dates further back and it seems to accpet but only downloads data starting from today, so fraustrating, why did i not stick to user friendly ts subscribtion?

hi yes the data manager is running ok, and yes when i run esignal charts they are ok

Did you check this ? :-
"Look at the "Data to distribute" radio buttons in the download window (toglenn2). You have picked the wrong one I think."

You seem to be in a bit of a rush.
Festina lente :)
You'll get there.

Glenn

Did you check this ? :-
"Look at the "Data to distribute" radio buttons in the download window (toglenn2). You have picked the wrong one I think."

You seem to be in a bit of a rush.
Festina lente :)
You'll get there.

Glenn

trying it now................thanks

hi im still having trouble, i can only get data for today and yes i have tired both options in the data radio.

it definately has something to do with 'download from esignal' file, as you see from my screenshot below it does not recieve any data from the download.

Attachments

• TOGLENN4.PNG
    TOGLENN4.PNG
    314.5 KB · Views: 180