Tradestation accounts & eSignal

bgold

Established member
Having read the various Tradestation threads, several questions remain:

I use Signal for datafeeds and charting but find it difficult for strategies. Also use IB for futures/stocks and RJOBrien platform for commodities.

Before opening a Tradestation Securities account I like to understand a bit more:
1. What is difference between Tradestation 2000i and Tradestation Securities platform?
2. Can I use eSignal datafeeds into Tradestation? How do I avoid tripling exchange data feeds (currently I am paying IB and eSignal for NY and Eurex/Euronext)
3. How does the execution platform of TS compare with IB?
4. Does TS provide Level II access?
5. Any other considerations?

many thanks

Main reason to use TS2000i is because then you can use data providers other than TS themselves. TS do not supply data for anything outside the US so if you need Euronext/Eurex then TS2000i is your only option. There is no automated order system as far as i know with TS2000i only with TS securities platform.

esignal data can be imported into TS2000i. If you follow Ilia's instruction document. (Futures are same as FX apart from you do not need to use Ask or Bid for realtime as trade record is produced for each tick.)
Continuation contracts are not available for European futures but that is an esignal issue.

Not sure about other questions.