Tradestation with Esignal

ilia,
Did you manage to solve the intraday chart problem? I get no data on the intraday until about 2pm for FTSE when it starts updating. result is a very gappy chart. Cannot find setting to change this.
In 2000i do all holidays have to be manually input?

Twalker, the indices and the stocks work fine in real-time, as learnt yesterday, it's only forex I am having trouble with, might be because I have the wrong symbols.

You do have the wrong symbols I had a similar problem in Ensign Charting.
For Euro try 6E #F In ESIGNAL go to symbol guide then click on futures then to Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) If you scroll down you get the forex symbols and the contract months but by putting #F instead of the month you get a continuously rolling price.
The Cable symbol is 6B #F

Try this hope it helps. Mark.

Mark, isn't that the symbol for GLOBEX, if so how does it differ to EUR A0-FX? I have tried adding it but it does not seem to work. I went to, Insert, New Symbol, Add new, (category: forex), symbol 6E #F then to settings and change it to CME.

Any help greatly appreciated

hmmm not sure on that one it worked for me !! Have you tried esignals online support i've always found it very good.

Thanks Schoe, I have and I believe there exact words were, " We are not qualified to deal with 3rd party software," and when I asked for the symbol for the EURUSD, she/he told me it was EUR A0-FX.

Again, thanks for your effort everyone

ilia king said:
Thanks Schoe, I have and I believe there exact words were, " We are not qualified to deal with 3rd party software," and when I asked for the symbol for the EURUSD, she/he told me it was EUR A0-FX.

Again, thanks for your effort everyone
Thats the symbol esignal gave me as well.!
No problem sorry I couldn't sort it for you. I had to speak to my software supplier to get it sorted and they told me I needed the futures symbol not the spot. Good luck with it, setting up the software is harder than the trading!

I have managed to d/l forex symbols using the EUR A0-FX etc. If you use 6E #F notation you are actually downloading the futures prices from CME Globex not the cash forex.
If you select Forex and have a look in library you find something like British Pound, this then at least has the calendar set up. Then change symbol to whatever currency you want in notation above and change source to Forex.

Thanks to everyone who has replyed, on the exchange will that be CForex or Forex or CME

I just use "Forex" as CME will give you futures prices not spot. Thing is intraday Forex does indeed not update. All other futures symbols I have imported update in real-time so think this is still a problem.
Any solutions out there?