Tradestation 8 & Tradestation 2000i

Thanks thanhlieu for the suggestion.

However, I am very cautious when it comes to installing freeware on my PC after an unsavoury incident with "Window Washer".

I have had the same problem before when installing ts2000i service packs - "The decompression of %s failed. There may not be enough free disk space available in the TEMP directory."
Deleting items from the WRONG temp file then seemed to spark serious problems - certain operations on my PC slowed down - Windows Disk Cleanup operation would not work - so I woud like to make sure that I target the right Temp file from now on.

Tradestation world does provide a solution at http://www.tradestationworld.com/training/search_results.asp , but I cannot make sense of it, and these instructions apply to Windows 95,98 and 2000 and makes no mention of Windows XP. I use Windows XP Home.

Cheers

jtrader.

Last edited:
esignal plugins for tradestation 2000i

Hi

On a seperate note, can anybody please explain the difference between these 2 plugins for esignal and tradestation 2000i? Do they do different things?

or are they just different versions of something that does the same thing?

Or is the esignal esignal plugin specifically for setting up the real-time datafeed in ts2000i, and necessary for running real-time charts in ts, and sufficient on its own to enable real-time charts as well as the downloading of historic data into globalserver?............
If so, whats the hypertrader esignal plugin of use for?

eSignalPluginTS2000i_4081.exe from http://share.esignal.com/groupcontents.jsp?folder=eSignal Plugin for Tradestation 2000i&groupid=135

and

History PlugIn for Ts2000i from http://www.hypertrader.it/tshplugin.shtml .

Many thanks

jtrader.

Last edited:
Jtrader,

I also use Windows XP, I had the same problem as you "The decompression of %s failed. There may not be enough free disk space available in the TEMP directory."

After installing this tempcleaner I managed to install the service packs. My computer is running fine as usual, no slow down, disk clean up still works. If you do use it, remember to reboot your computer before an installation of a new service pack, otherwise you'll get the same error message.

Best Wishes

Thanh Lieu

Hi thanhlieu

I've just run TempCleaner and it did enable me to clear the windows temp directory and re-install the ts2000i service packs.

I am unsure as to which temp directory items are deleted from.

Also, does tempcleaner get rid of cookies? I am happy to keep cookies - as they enable the websites that I visit to load faster.

I am not sure that i want to keep tempcleaner on my pc as deleting all items from a/the temp directory caused my pc problems - last time.

I have restored all the items that were deleted in any case, and uninstalled tempcleaner. I see this freeware utility as something that I can install and use if I have similar problems in installing software......Then again, installing and uninstalling software is not good for the system either!

Thanks again

jtrader.

Another question...........

within the series tradestation versions 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 - inbetween which 2 versions was tradestation2000i released?

Many thanks

jtrader.

tradestation 8 questions

Hi

As a trader who does not yet meet tradestation securities strict requirements in terms of earning etc. in order to open a brokerage account, I am interested in opening a non-brokerage account.
However, say if i then need to trade spot forex through another broker (fxcm or cms for example) can I get their data into ts8?

I would want to trade my mechanical strategiers based on my brokers data. (this would also be handy for real-time datafeeds for other markets such as UK equities for example, which tradestation securities do not support). I am aware that companies like hypertrader (hyperorder) and dynastoresoftware - have developed plugin software that enables ts8 automation with brokers other than tradestation securities - handy for traders who do not meet tradestation securities brokerage account opening criteria. Do you know if any similar plugins are available enabling other real-time datafeeds (non tradestation securities datafeeds) to be used in ts8? (hypertrader have hyperserver - which does this job for ts2000i, but they have not released the same plugin for ts8 yet)................
if so, which companies offer this software? and if you have experience of using such plugins, how good are they, and does the real-time data automatically back-fill into charts? or do you manually have to download backfill data in order to fill gaps in the charts from when the PC was switched off (as is the case with ts2000i and the esignal datafeed)

Many thanks

jtrader

Last edited:
TS8 doesn't allow you to import other data feeds to my knowledge - stick with 2000i if you want to do that

tradestation 2000i strategy question

Hi

with a real-tiime ts2000i strategy/s I want to create simple entry and exit audio alerts when the price hits or passes a certain level.

From previous experience with esignal - if the price did gap through the entry or exit mark - an audio alert was not triggered. Not sure why this happened.

Say that When the price crosses a moving average for example, as the entry criteria, I would want my audio alert t sound............One problem that may arise is that the price may gap through the moving average and not pass through and touch the moving average on the way - thus not creating (missing) an audio alert. How do I ensure that the entry or exit alerts are created - even if the price gapped through the exit point?

.....Would I need to make allowances for this within the code in easy language as part of the strategy - say "exit if the price hits the MA or passes the MA and is less than 2 pips below the moving average" - in order to avoid missed audio alerts? and/or, is there another way of doing this?

Thanks again

jtrader.

moving average on indicator

Hi guys, can anybody help me, how to add moving average on rsi, or generally how to make indicator on indicator without using easylanguage ?
I want to test MA on lot of oscillators and I don't want everytime to write it as a code. Is it possible (TS8) ?

Thnx.
R.

write a function and use the String variable to call whatever indicator you want
eg Input::Indicator(String),len(numeric)

ma1 = averagefc(indicator,len);

Cannot get it to work, but it will probably not help :( There is no possibility to reference plots in different subgraphs? I would like to use also in strategies, and I don't want to setup indicator parameters (just to see) and strategy (crossover) parameters - twice, I would like to create indicator in subgraph 1 and then create strategy which is based on crosses in subgraph1. And in case I change parameters in indicator then strategy will be automatically adjusted - recalculated, is something like this possible ?

Whoops!

:eek: babeny

Apologies - I actually tried to write the function and failed! I am sure there is a way to use the string variable to call a function but I can't figure it out
The only way to plot it that I can see is via the following( for a period ma of the fast and slow length rsi).

input: period(14),lenslow(14),lenfast(7);

if averagefc((rsi(close,lenfast)),period) crosses over
averagefc((rsi(close,lenslow)),period) then plot1 (high);

if averagefc((rsi(close,lenfast)),period) crosses under
averagefc((rsi(close,lenslow)),period) then plot2 (low);

subgraphs etc have nothing to do with it - they are simply a graphical representation of the plot.
Its the values you are trying to use.

I can't see how you can view different oscillators moving averages without using easy language in some form.

Go to tradestation world and look at the easy language forums there for more help (ps admin - i am not an employee of tradestation!)

Hope that helps.
babeny2001 said:
Cannot get it to work, but it will probably not help :( There is no possibility to reference plots in different subgraphs? I would like to use also in strategies, and I don't want to setup indicator parameters (just to see) and strategy (crossover) parameters - twice, I would like to create indicator in subgraph 1 and then create strategy which is based on crosses in subgraph1. And in case I change parameters in indicator then strategy will be automatically adjusted - recalculated, is something like this possible ?

Last edited:
I am researching Tradestation 8 to see whether it will do what I would like it to do, I've been looking at "Becoming Fluent in EasyLanguage", to try to get as many of my strategies coded before starting a subscription.

It would appear that I can only enter stop and limit orders. I would prefer to use Stoplimit orders to open a position - because this means that I know if my strategy works in back testing then it should work in real time.

Can I enter stoplimit orders with TradeStation 8, if so wher can I find the syntax?

Thanks in advance

L

We'd like you to know that TradeStation Securities is designed to meet the specific needs of professional and serious individual traders. So, before you proceed, please ensure that you meet the following minimum account opening requirements: Annual net income of at least $50,000 and liquid net worth of at least $75,000

At least 2 years of active trading experience

View TradeStation System Requirements.

Minimum initial Equities account balance: $30,000 for Pattern Day Trading Accounts, $10,000 for Non-Day Trading Accounts. Please review Maintenance Requirements.

Minimum equity of $5,000 required for spreads and uncovered
option writing

Minimum initial Futures or Forex account balance of $5,000; Minimum initial Futures or Forex IRA account balance of $10,000.

Ability to use risk capital of at least $50,000

Trading activity will be speculative and high-risk in nature with the objective of short-term trading profits
- https://www.tradestation.com/forms/download.asp?cbo=1102263

Hi does anyone have any experience with regard to how rigidly tradestation securities sticks to the above account opening requirments?

Being able to keep a "minimum initial Futures or Forex account balance of $5,000" is one thing but being able to prove Annual net income of at least $50,000 and liquid net worth of at least $75,000, and at least 2 years of active trading experience is quite another thing.

Has anyone managed to open an account wuthout meeting/proving these criteria? or has anyone had an application turned down for not meeting these criteria?

Why do trtadestation impose such requirements, when others such as IB do not?

Thanks again

jtrader.

No you can't do stop limit orders in easy language.

However the service pack 1 in TS8.1 will include this facility - when it comes out
I would assume it will be sometime in Q3 2005. :!:

Last edited:
TS seccurities requirements

I just ticked the boxes and filled in the application form
jtrader said:
- https://www.tradestation.com/forms/download.asp?cbo=1102263

Hi does anyone have any experience with regard to how rigidly tradestation securities sticks to the above account opening requirments?

Being able to keep a "minimum initial Futures or Forex account balance of $5,000" is one thing but being able to prove Annual net income of at least $50,000 and liquid net worth of at least $75,000, and at least 2 years of active trading experience is quite another thing.

Has anyone managed to open an account wuthout meeting/proving these criteria? or has anyone had an application turned down for not meeting these criteria?

Why do trtadestation impose such requirements, when others such as IB do not?

Thanks again

jtrader.

jTrader, Dont worry mate - no-one has the time to check.
No-one asked me anything when I created my account.. ;)

Regards,
Imran

Thanks Guys

the reason I ask is that I may want to upgrade to TS8 from TS2000i - as having datafeeds, charting, strategy design, backtesting, optimisation etc. - in and from the same place, does seem to make sense. If I am to trade CME Globex futures forex or eminis - I may as well go one step further and have a tradestation brokerage account - and If I open the brokerage account I also get TS8 half price at $100 per month. ;)

Have also suggested to tradestation that they supply a neutral spot forex datafeed such as SPComstock or EBS for use in TS8. Their only spot datafeed is RJO O'Brien data from their spot forex broker RJO O'Brien. This is OK for people trading with them - but for someone who may be unable to open the brokerage account and say has to use FXCM it is not good. But the non-brokerage client could still use TS8 for spot forex trading - with a neutral/more representative datasource.

Cheers

jtrader.

Last edited: