i need help setting up esignal with ts2001

"in the disk drive" - Which disk drive ?
Is the G drive your CD drive ?
The install will install where you tell it to install. Did you tell it to install on the CD drive ?
Have you accidentally copied stuff to the CD Drive ?
I'ts difficult doing this remotely and it would help if you took more time to explain what you do.
Glenn

theres no way i could have copied files to the g drive and yes g drive is cd drive. But i had build 771 to start with and now cd is saying build 822.

I told it to install on the hard disk, it seems the updates have updated the cd also.

also im in contact with james snowdon who wrote the pdf you sent me, he says i must have sp4. where do i get this from as i only have access to sp4c and b via link?

Last edited:
i ditched them purely becaue i have a new indicator that is ELA coded and i will not be able to use on TS8.1 subscribtion, also i was told ts2001i with a data feed is more faster and reliable than ts8.1. what do u think?
QUOTE]

Why can't you use the indicator in TS8 ?
I only know TS2000i so can't comment on speed or reliability as a comparison.
TS2000i is not perfect and it uses a lot of PC power when you use the Radar Screens.
It has some bugs. However there are ways to deal with theses problems with time and/or money.

(A bit late asking because I had to drive for 4.5 hours after lunch)
Glenn

theres no way i could have copied files to the g drive and yes g drive is cd drive. But i had build 771 to start with and now cd is saying build 822.

I told it to install on the hard disk, it seems the updates have updated the cd also.

Maybe Paul can throw some light on this.
It might simply be that build 771 equates to SP4 and when you update to SP5 the build number becomes 822.
Certainly 822 is the latest/last build.
Glenn

Maybe Paul can throw some light on this.
It might simply be that build 771 equates to SP4 and when you update to SP5 the build number becomes 822.
Certainly 822 is the latest/last build.
Glenn

yes it does, but why is it my cd which the original package came on is now 822 sp5. its like the update files were copied here also. BUT thats not possible is it as i downloaded to my hard disk not cd drive.

I want to start again but afraid the cd is now 822 not the original 771

its wierd in the disk drive it says i have G:\TS2000I\Prosuite 2000 SP5 Build 822

When you say "it says" what do you mean ? What says ?
Are you looking at the CD drive using My Computer or something else ?
Glenn

When you say "it says" what do you mean ? What says ?
Are you looking at the CD drive using My Computer or something else ?
Glenn

yes, im using my computer. ill try to downgrade back to sp4 if i can, but first i have to clean the registry

yes, im using my computer. ill try to downgrade back to sp4 if i can, but first i have to clean the registry

Why not do the complete re-install as described in the pdf file ?
The guy who wrote that knows his stuff.

If the CD is corrupted there's nothing you can do about it unless you have a backup copy.

Glenn

ok, i have started again, cleaned up the registry.

Ok, well i start with an original build of 707, i then use update sp4c which then gives me build 771. I have no problems up until now and works fine. I then try to run sp5 and this is where i get the password problem. Can i run esignal and ts2001 together without sp5? and only sp4c?

many thanks for you r patience and help, im fast becoming an expert in ts2001 so maybe these troubles im having is a good thing lol!

ok, i have started again, cleaned up the registry.

Ok, well i start with an original build of 707, i then use update sp4c which then gives me build 771. I have no problems up until now and works fine. I then try to run sp5 and this is where i get the password problem. Can i run esignal and ts2001 together without sp5? and only sp4c?

many thanks for you r patience and help, im fast becoming an expert in ts2001 so maybe these troubles im having is a good thing lol!

I simply don't know if it will work with SP4.
Can you not get another copy of the original installation CD ? Or one from somewhere else ?

Glenn