eSignal 7.4 & & 7.5

eSignal 7.6 (release 2) is now available to download ( this notice is a few weeks late but still applicable for users who may not be aware.)

Here are the main contents of the readme file associated with this version:

eSignal Build 635
Data Manager: Build 272

This 7.6 release has very few features and fixes and is more of a launching pad for additional exchanges and our new OptionsPlus add-on options analytics application. To use the OptionsPlus window, you'll need to sign up for the service through Account Maintenance and download the OptionsPlus installer located on the eSignal Downloads page.

Features:
OptionsPlus - This is integrated as a new window type. This will only be viewable if you have the service added to your account.

Spreads - You can now enter a spread into a Detail, Quote, QuoteBoard, or Summary window. This will only give you data on Last Price and Net Change.

TrendVue.com - There's a new free formula called TrendVue-ClassicSwing-EOD which is located in a new Formulas folder called TrendVue.com. This free study is only designed for Daily, Weekly, and Monthly intervals, but they are also working on a Real-time version of the study for a future release.

Day Trading Action - There are new add-on Day Trading Action studies from 21st Century called FuturesLive and FuturesLiveHigh5 which are in a new Add-On Studies folder called Day Trading Action.

Additional Exchanges (Here are links to pricing and symbol look-up):
Korea
KOSDAQ
Kuala Lumpur
Thailand
Tokyo (includes Nagoya)

Partial list of Bug Fixes:
Corrected error in calculation for the Choppiness study.
Standard charts can now be linked to from an option chain.
Time Alerts re-arm function now saves properly.
Spreads of like types such as Treasury Futures will display the result in the same format as the underlying symbols.
T&S grid now works properly and can be added or removed completely.
There are additional internal fixes which improve performance, but are not visible within any feature of the application.

For additional information or tips on how to use these new features, please review our updated 7.6 FAQ's.

Thanks.

Duane G
eSignal Community Support

Click here to visit eSignal Community Forums

I tried eSignal 7.6 and after a few days downgraded back to 7.5 because the new version was just a load of new bugs. Menus not working, big problems with auto scaling, crashing all the time, and so on (and on and on).

When are eSignal going to put out a release that concentrates on fixing the ever growing pile of bugs instead of adding features nobody uses? All IMHO of course, and apologies to anyone who would rather be able to trade the Kuala Lumpa exchange than see a properly scaled chart!

H/

Hello Henry,

There has been a second release of eSignal 7.6, which addresses the scaling issue that you referred to. This version was released on Friday, March 19th so you may want to check if you have the current version, which is 7.6, Build 635.

Hi,
I've just reverted to 7.4, is the desktop API supposed to work with 7.6? I can run my code with 7.4, but even simple calls like swapping the current ticker from esignal and reading the current symbol fail to work with 7.6 - the vbsample code, on my PC, doesn't run with 7.6 either.
Dave

Real Time Swings.efs more useful and tunable than TrendVue-ClassicSwing-EOD, plus on all time frames.

Ziggle

Tried to find the efs "Real Time Swings" in the efs library but no joy, could you tell me where it is posted.

Thanks

Cheers,
reposted there, I just thought someone here might have experienced this already
Dave

on the T&S screen on version 7.6 does not show any trades less than 100 in size is their any way to change this to show all trades.

cheers

tonie

Hi Tonie

If you right click the Time and sales window, there is a filters option, including trade volume minimum. Hopefully setting that to 0 or 1 should work.

HTH :)

Tonie,

What are some examples of the symbols you are trying to view trades less than 100 in size? With this information we can look at our end to see if we can duplicate the problem.

Thanks.

Gregor,
Will you please stop posting up the same thing on several threads?
It clutters up the front page and is unnecessary.
Richard

Sorry for that Mr. Charts,

I did not want to cause any disturbance but I am excited and I wanted to get as many feedbacks as possible in the shortest time.

Apologies

Gregor

No problem, Gregor.
Don't get too excited about anything to do with trading as that lets emotion and possibly poor judgement in - and that's your own worst enemy.
Welcome to t2w ;-)
Richard