England World Cup 2006

fxmarkets

Established member
Come on England, we gotta get behind them.... lets keep on pumpin it out there.. :p

The Dogs Danglies on this one.

Fx.

You don't seriously think we have a chance do you?!!!

great time to go to town - loads of car parking spaces since all footie fans are at home/pub glued to telly:)

Kids Have The Answer!

We've got two boys, both born in London and both football mad. Anyway my wife is from Ecuador and also footie crazy.

After both countries first games........Ecuador came out 2-0 winners and off course England won 1-0..........my sons asked us if we could buy them Ecuadorian kits............

I asked them why they wanted them and they said that they wanted to win and Ecuador looked a better bet...........

........and out of the mouths of babes came no lies!

we'll see :LOL:

Niceone smiley, have you taken your wife and boys recently to visit the London tower? :)

make sure your wife pays for those kits mate. no pocket money until after world cup too...

agree ropey start from england, not lookin like world cup final material , still early days...

hmm, well against equador first half I was thinking, bloody rooney id break the rest of his toes and tell him to walk home, seemed a gamble trying to get him match fit on a knock out phase .... ok so second half he did set up a few plays, (still a gamble i thought, preferring crouchy on ) now then. er against portugal when he spooned that sitter 7 yards out ,christ..... muppet, lol , he seemed like jello running round with clown feet, management rubbish.

nice one spooney.

theres only one thing left, who's gonna stuff the germans? and quite right too....

Sven has to carry the can. He's doesn't get to kick the ball, but he made too many mistakes. When you have a player who is on fire, like Carrick, you have to play them. Starting with 4-4-2 England might well have had the game in their pockets by half-time & Rooney wouldn't have got so frustrated if he'd seen more of the ball with this formation.

Sven would make a poor trader, as he had a number of chances to tilt the odds slightly in England's favour but either he didn't see them or failed to execute them.

I did feel sorry for the defenders as they played well and did nothing wrong. It's a shame to see millionaire superstars sobbing like babies, isn't it?

c6

c6ackp said:
Sven would make a poor trader, as he had a number of chances to tilt the odds slightly in England's favour but either he didn't see them or failed to execute them.
My thoughts precisely.
After Rooney was sent off and Portugal failed to capitalise with the extra man advantage and were without a real centre forward - that was the time for Sven to make his move. (This puts us in the last 20 minutes or so of normal time). Effectively, it was all over when the final whistle of normal time was blown. Going into extra time with only 10 men against a team who, for the most part, will be more comfortable with the hot conditions was a a low probability 'trade'. The commentators (BBC) clearly aren't traders either with comments like (to paraphrase) 'it must be our turn to win a penalty shoot out now, surely.' Nope, that ain't how it works! All fairly predictable and, utilising the tactics they did, I don't begin to understand how any of them imagined they could win the match. I can only guess that they were just wishing, hoping and praying for some small miracle which, as us traders know, is a losing 'strategy' - if ever there was one.
Tim.

I'm looking forward to France winning the final, with a fully hedged win-three-ways (just) position in case they don't (I think) :)

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 193
Nice one, frugi :)

Great game last night - shame anyone had to lose. The constructive passing out of defence, particularly by Italy, was such a contrast to England's hopeful punts up the field to lone strikers. Just showed up the paucity of England's tactics - and to think we paid millions for the tactical genius that designed it :devilish:

jon

c6ackp said:
Well, we don't know that for sure.

Depends how much bunce he trousered for throwing it.

Sven doesn't need to trade, he's just had the best 5 years of his life, got paid £20 million and walked away with a golden handshake, and all for wasting a golden generation's best chance at the big prize through what can only be described as bewildering incompetence.

I would have done that for a quarter of the price! :D