Rugby world cup 2007

Well known cliche applicable to the England Rugby team...

" When the going gets tough the tough get going "

Not so well known cliche applicable to the England Soccer team.

" When the going gets tough the nancy boys screw it all up and lose miserably "

Last edited:
ok,but come on let's be fair now, I bet when they lost they looked good doing it...designer hairstyles perfecto , lip gloss unsmudged ;)

ok,but come on let's be fair now, I bet when they lost they looked good doing it...designer hairstyles perfecto , lip gloss unsmudged

Yeah, I guess that takes the sting out of it somewhat.

Meanwhile, our kick-ballers are a disgrace

McLaren's reaction to losing in Moscow pretty much sums up what is wrong with the round-ball game in England.

First the facts: Rooney scores a great goal, which on replay appears offside. Only marginally, but you're either offside or you're not. He gets away with it.

Later, he commits a professional foul on a Russian player just outside the penalty box. The ref points to the spot. Unfair, although it was a cynical challenge. Evens up the earlier goal you could say, if you were a neutral.

Remember, at this stage a 1-1 draw is good enough for England. But we go to pieces and a few minutes later we're trailing 2-1 and probably out of the Euro Championships.

The reason we're in this predicament, remember, is that we've failed to beat the great footballing nations of Macedonia and Israel and lost to the giants of international football: Croatia.

And now for McLaren's response: "I've just seen the penalty again. It's an absolute disgrace . It's outside the box. The linesman didn't give it. It was the referee from quite some distance. Things like that turn games. We were comfortable. They were running out of ideas and that just turned the game. It was a mad four minutes after that and unfortunately we conceded a second. But I can't fault the players for the gameplan, the way they've endeavoured to work, the commitment, the blocks we got in, the headers. We've ended up losing a game that really, after 70 minutes, I never thought we'd lose.

The complete and utter ****ing idiot turnip of a man. All he can do is blame the ref. He should be made to watch replays of the England rugby team's world cup games until his eyes fall out.

Bring back big Lawrence for the final - he has the appetite & mindset to get the job done!

Can't believe Andy Farrell's won't even be on the bench :confused: :eek: :LOL: .

McLaren's reaction to losing in Moscow pretty much sums up what is wrong with the round-ball game in England.

First the facts: Rooney scores a great goal, which on replay appears offside. Only marginally, but you're either offside or you're not. He gets away with it.

Later, he commits a professional foul on a Russian player just outside the penalty box. The ref points to the spot. Unfair, although it was a cynical challenge. Evens up the earlier goal you could say, if you were a neutral.

Remember, at this stage a 1-1 draw is good enough for England. But we go to pieces and a few minutes later we're trailing 2-1 and probably out of the Euro Championships.

The reason we're in this predicament, remember, is that we've failed to beat the great footballing nations of Macedonia and Israel and lost to the giants of international football: Croatia.

And now for McLaren's response: "I've just seen the penalty again. It's an absolute disgrace . It's outside the box. The linesman didn't give it. It was the referee from quite some distance. Things like that turn games. We were comfortable. They were running out of ideas and that just turned the game. It was a mad four minutes after that and unfortunately we conceded a second. But I can't fault the players for the gameplan, the way they've endeavoured to work, the commitment, the blocks we got in, the headers. We've ended up losing a game that really, after 70 minutes, I never thought we'd lose.

The complete and utter ****ing idiot turnip of a man. All he can do is blame the ref. He should be made to watch replays of the England rugby team's world cup games until his eyes fall out.

They're a set of over-paid, over-rated, excuse making, gucci wearing, underperforming nancy boys, representing an industry/profession of money grabbing charlatans. Accept & believe that, & you'll rightly stop giving a damn!

The fact that England's chance of qualifying for Euro 2008 is now out of their own hands must be a significant plus point and a source of comfort.

Anyway enough of villifying the prima donna nancies, let's get our minds back to the rugby.

I've enjoyed this world cup and been impressed by England's victories that took them to the final. However, an aspect of the modern game I don't like is that a great many matches are lost and not won. Yesterday's final is a case in point: England lost it rather than South Africa winning it. We gave away more penalties than South Africa gave away. Increasingly, the great game of rugby isn't about scoring a try anymore, it's about not giving away a penalty or two. If I had the power to change the rules, I'd increase the gap between the points awarded for a penalty and a try. Games should be won by the team that plays the best rugby and not lost by the team that makes one or two minor infringements that results in a penalty. Anyway, well done to South Africa, overall, they deserved to win.
Tim.

Disappointing yet predictable.

We must have been watching two different games !

I'm comfortable that the team that played the most consistent rugby throughout won the competition ,BUT on the day it was so very close that the officials made the difference...that is what they saw and didn't see was enough to separate the teams scoreline. Both teams defenses looked unlikely to be cracked.

It would be politically correct to make the standard soothing sounds over the disallowed try ,BUT boll..cks come on if I watch that again another million times it's still going to be Cueto getting the ball down legally...Dickinson got it wrong , let me repeat that...Dickinson got it wrong, and on such things do very close games turn.

Boks are the winners and well done to them overall throughout the competition they deserved it,BUT do not try to tell me they were a better side on the day..they were not...it was a very finely balanced game with no one getting the overall edge and the officals were the deciders of the outcome.
No sour grapes ,Bok's won and that's what the records will show ,it won't show they got the rub of the green when it mattered ;)

Disappointing that England lost.

Predictable in that it was always going to be a close, hard, intensely fought match and predictable in the sense that England were always going to concede more penalties than the Boks. This is one area in which England have regrettably suffered down the decades - a lack of rigid discipline under intense pressure and at critical moments.

But a fantastic tournament and a fantastic effort by this England team.

God, all that is left now is the nancy boys and their version of kick and run.

Disappointing that England lost.

Predictable in that it was always going to be a close, hard, intensely fought match and predictable in the sense that England were always going to concede more penalties than the Boks. This is one area in which England have regrettably suffered down the decades - a lack of rigid discipline under intense pressure and at critical moments.

But a fantastic tournament and a fantastic effort by this England team.

God, all that is left now is the nancy boys and their version of kick and run.

fair dinkum cobber ...LOL

Kicking ball away in the opposition half is never going to win games. Now that IS predictable. Matthew Tait showed strength after his initial slip up. SA's defence was broken more than enough times for us not to kick ball away so needlessly. Not sure we really pressured SA enough. We gave them so much ball it made it easy for Monty to get them out of trouble. Also, not winning our own lineout ball cost us dearly. How many times have we seen it in the 6 nations where teams unable to secure their own lineout ball get punished. I don't know about others on this thread but, when Dalallio came on I knew it was over then. However, we have to admit that most people wrote England off before the tournament began and to get to the final is an excellent achievement. Not bad for the worst (ex) world cup winning team in history full of old men :LOL: . We did let SA win though. They did not need to work for the points we gave them. But, they did take their chances which is why they won.

Matthew Tait showed strength after his initial slip up.

He screwed up and cost us 3 unnecessary points and that was highly predictable.

On another note, Lewis Hamilton also screwed up today - also predictable..... seems to be a British trait.

Anyway, who the hell really cares ?

He screwed up and cost us 3 unnecessary points and that was highly predictable.

On another note, Lewis Hamilton also screwed up today - also predictable..... seems to be a British trait.

Anyway, who the hell really cares ?

It ought to be a national week of mourning for the UK.

Hamilton losses the world title
England losses the world cup final
Nancy boys not making euro2008

But I will say this, England did really well to make it the final and make a final of it.

But who cares it's just sport, right?

It doesn't really matter at all, it's all just a bit of fun.

But don't you think there is just a hint of a bad smell about the scenario in yesterday's Formula 1 ?