Rugby world cup 2007

Well done England.

After watching NZ throw it away it would have been disappointing for you guys to lose it too. That forward pack were Awesome!!

Cool catch... :cool:

Attachments

• Robinson-Catch.bmp
    598.6 KB · Views: 142
Argies V Springboks

I see Steve Walsh (Ref) was at his best again:( The Argies looked knackered after 10 minutes of playing. South Africa look in good physical shape for the final:( . It will be be very exciting to watch the battle up front and as alluded to already our backline does not have as much flair as other nations. In my personal world fifteen, at the moment, I would choose Habana over Rokocoko. I hope we can starve them of ball and territory next weekend. Defenensively, we need to be harder than ever. The likes of Burger and Smit need to be smashed. England to win by 3 points..........

I see Steve Walsh (Ref) was at his best again:( The Argies looked knackered after 10 minutes of playing. South Africa look in good physical shape for the final:( . It will be be very exciting to watch the battle up front and as alluded to already our backline does not have as much flair as other nations. In my personal world fifteen, at the moment, I would choose Habana over Rokocoko. I hope we can starve them of ball and territory next weekend. Defenensively, we need to be harder than ever. The likes of Burger and Smit need to be smashed. England to win by 3 points..........

I think Argentinians got carried away with too much emoitions and made errors and got punished. I didn't think they were bad just a little unlucky in the heat of the moment.

I also thought they exposed SA weaknesses. They lacked that clinical finish and perhaps the temperament required to hold their nerve. Put it down to experience and exposure at such level.

That guy Habana does look awesome but he did have a lucky bounce and the wind was behind him.

I reckon they looked vulnerable. Even a little shaky at the start. They don't look that much better than the Ozzies or France.

I think we will be sure to have a feast next Saturday... :D

I think Argentinians got carried away with too much emoitions and made errors and got punished. I didn't think they were bad just a little unlucky in the heat of the moment.

I also thought they exposed SA weaknesses. They lacked that clinical finish and perhaps the temperament required to hold their nerve. Put it down to experience and exposure at such level.

That guy Habana does look awesome but he did have a lucky bounce and the wind was behind him.

I reckon they looked vulnerable. Even a little shaky at the start. They don't look that much better than the Ozzies or France.

Lets hope so. If we can get up in their faces and make them lose discipline then who knows.....

The Argies did make far too many errors to beat a side like SA. They will likely join the tri nations even though most of them play in France. If they kept their cool they could have competed much better.

St George to slay the springbok!

Agree. They had a big wobble in the second half against Fiji in the quarters, when Fiji came back at them and all of a sudden SA suffered stage fright. They looked very ordinary and beatable. But guys like Habana are frightening: to have a couple of players in your side who can score tries from inside their own 22 is something England could do with... England's defence is going to have to be awesome if we are going to win.

England need to incapacitate ( legally of course ) Habana and Percy.

Then we might have a chance.

Otherwise I go with the current betting odds which are heavily in favour of SA.

I sincerely hope that I am wrong but I just can't help feeling that this will be one step too far for England.

IMO another very tight game ,much much tighter than the pool round...SA have made an habit of capitalising on their oppositions mistakes in this competition,BUT outside of that have not looked particularly sharp at creating something themselves. If England can play tight and with a low error count it will be too close to call.

If England can play tight and with a low error count it will be too close to call.

Yes, the error rate will be critical as 1 or 2 errors at the wrong time in the wrong place might be enough to let Habana in for a couple of tries.

But England should be far more effective than Argentina in countering the threat from Habana.

I'm amazed how optimistic the England supporters are. Fact is England don't have ability to score tries and to be honest I think they came up against a poor Australian team. France played nowhere near as well against them as they did against NZ. If anything I think England look over-confident and are in for a hiding. :cheesy:

I'm amazed how optimistic the England supporters are. Fact is England don't have ability to score tries and to be honest I think they came up against a poor Australian team. France played nowhere near as well against them as they did against NZ. If anything I think England look over-confident and are in for a hiding. :cheesy:

Argentina made SA look tame. It's all very well talking after the match but I don't think SA any much better than Ozzies or the French.

I also do not think the excessive score line underlines the performance or the ability of the England or the Argentinians.

It is a good fact that you are amazed. Carry on - as you were... ;)

Well son, I was in the stand at two Boks games in this cup and all I have been able to say about them is they are not doing anything wrong ,but they have not peaked yet...if we're still saying it after next week we'll know there wasn't anything more to get...and I have to say I am beginning to wonder if that is the case....they looked very ordinary against Fiji and the Argies virtually beat themselves so we're still waiting to see what have the Boks got when somebody pushes them hard for a full 80 mins.

Now.....

South Africa v Australia 22-19

Australia v South Africa 25-17

Above are the 2007 tri nations results....and this was what "poor Australian team" ?

I only wish we had a certain Mr Julian White trotting out next weekend so we could show you the nearest thing we have to a Rhodesian pitbull ...LOL . ..instead you'll have to be satisfied with some 'grumpy' Bulldogs.....I'm just looking forward to Lewis Moody mussing up Percy's hairstyle ;)

I'm amazed how optimistic the England supporters are. Fact is England don't have ability to score tries and to be honest I think they came up against a poor Australian team. France played nowhere near as well against them as they did against NZ. If anything I think England look over-confident and are in for a hiding.

I hope you are wrong but sadly I suspect you may be correct.

A particularly good cartoon in The Times today:

TTM152101CC385_219733a.jpg

....they looked very ordinary against Fiji and the Argies virtually beat themselves so we're still waiting to see what have the Boks got when somebody pushes them hard for a full 80 mins.

Very well put.

At times like this when sides are balanced it's the errors that get punished.

In one of the papers it said, 10 out of the 15 players from the last cup winners squad are playing in the team. That experience, composure and temperament will be significant - as it has shown already against the Ozzies and France. These were the elements the Argentinians were lacking imo.

We will see

Above are the 2007 tri nations results....and this was what "poor Australian team" ?

Australia beat themselves, there is no way you can compare the quality of play from Aus against Eng to how they played in the tri-nations.

...we're still waiting to see what have the Boks got when somebody pushes them hard for a full 80 mins.

Eng didn't do that in the group stages but I'm sure they'll up their game in the final, but so will SA.

England's main problem is that never look like scoring tries, plain and simple.

I guess we'll just have to wait for Saturday and see what happens. I just pray we have a decent ref. Walsh nearly ruined the SA/Arg game.

I have heard that South Africa's secret weapon could be unleashed on Saturday night.

Goes by the name of Andy Farrell.

God help us if this is true !!

Last edited:
As a kiwi who lives in oz (and is now madly supporting the Brits) I can tell these:

What's the difference between the Wallabies and a tea-bag?

The tea-bag stays in the cup longer.

What's the difference between the All Blacks and an arsonist?

An arsonist doesn't waste five matches. :)