Dow Intraday charts 24/11 - 28/11

S&P chart

Attachments

• s&p 500 index.gif
    s&p 500 index.gif
    19 KB · Views: 447
Is that candle indicating a top or is it a too small a time frame 2 mins?
A shooting star candle stick- once again the end point 10 MAwraps around the action- blue line!!

Attachments

• dow jones industrial a.gif
    dow jones industrial a.gif
    14.8 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:
Slight update to the channel lines. ND on RSI suggests we are heading towards support. There is just enough room above RSI to take us to resistance nad CI has turned up. Inv. H&S on RSI and narrowing range will give an early clue as to initial direction tomorrow on the RSI break.

Attachments

• dow 26-11-03 10.gif
    dow 26-11-03 10.gif
    31.4 KB · Views: 359
A day for instinctive trading? Mombassa had the right idea. Get the bull by the horns at the open and go short with the triple top rolling over from yesterday.The pullback to 66 showed RSI ratio of 0.5 and the following drop was 1:1 Both should have kept you in the trade, whilst keeping an eye on the action around 32. I said earlier in the day that the 1 min ES looked bottomed. Turns out it wasn't.... and you could have been forgiven ( as Mom did) for taking a long at one of the 32 breaks. Right idea, market wasn't ready. The lower low on ES gave good confirmation of a real bottom by way of volume divergence. Guess I should have waited for confirmation..... Still, nice to see Mom getting in at the low and heading for a good run..... I wonder if he held till the close or got out at 19:30? 10/10 if you held for the 3rd long nd peak.
Not much else for the rest of the session, save the target for the small triangle, and the extended 3pk nd top. If you got out at 19:30, that still gave a nice lot of points, with the opportunity to go back in on the 64/100MA bounce. :cheesy: 100- 140 points on the table today.
PS Mom- you should post your wrong trades, not so we can have a laugh, but so that others can see the real traps you encountered... Sometimes 32/64 can provide great opportunities, sometimes not, as today on the 32.

Attachments

• dow 26-11-03 1.gif
    dow 26-11-03 1.gif
    22.8 KB · Views: 373
Hi CM, got out when I saw what I thought was a bear triangle - turned out to be bull triangle !

Was thinking of going long again but decided I wanted to go home instead - still nice to know I had the right idea and probably would have held until 9780.

Will post my trades from now on - will try and do today's ones later as well - just a bit painfull thinking abt the mistakes - just as well the last long made up for it all - just !

Last edited:
I fell in the trap too by going long at 9730 with a stop at 9710. Turned out it didn't take long for that to be hit, followed by a news item about people being checked for an "unknown substance" in the NY subway! Kept me out for the rest of the day. I saw CM's small triangle as a bullish flag with a target of 9785 but didn't have the guts to try again.
Anyway, another interesting day of education and the "live " comments are certainly useful too!
Cheers all
Quercus

All to easy to be a smart a*se in retrospect, but time and time again, when the DJ goes into full tankmode, it goes down around a full ‘ton’ from the top of the action, and so it was today……..

It was bearing this in mind that kept me from going long at 9730 ish and then we had the swift dip to the ‘V’ bottom at 9705 and a chance for a very favourable entry!

I run a zoomed in 10min chart window on screen to use in conjunction with the 1min chart as it can give a clearer perspective on the consolidations…… ;)

Regards

Attachments

• dow 26-11-03.jpg
    dow 26-11-03.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 326
rsi bounced off resistance on 1 min chart..

Guess I should have stuck to the short cos the move up was weak etc

Had a nice 60pt er on the DAX earlier (DID YOU POST THE SIGNAL LIVE)

Is that candle indicating a top or is it a too small a time frame 2 mins?

the above dont mean shit at the end of THE MONTH you need points. dont try to look good just give entry and exit signals.

I HAVE STARTED TO GIVE SIGNALS LAST WEEK 2 INTRADAY TRADES 41 POINTS PROFIT. REMEMBER IT ALL ABOUT UNDERSTAND STRENGTH AND WEAKNESS IN OTHER MARKETS AND THE ONE YOU ARE TRADING, GET RID OF THE INDICATORS.

Cj12,

Who the **** are you? When was it in your remit to start giving orders to what others post?

The 60pter on the Dax was taken whilst I was out, came home at dinner time yesterday thought the market (looked weak) & put a short on. with a stop & limit. As CM stated - a day for intuitive trading!!

Just in case you were in doubt.

Spread Bet Confirmations

We confirm spread bets dealt with you on 26.11.03 as follows:

Instrument
Expiry Buy
Sell Stake
(GBP)
Price
Time
Trade Id
Order Id
Std/CRB
GERMAN30 Cash Cash Sell 10 3774.00000 11:47:55 05371028 5615998 Standard
GERMAN30 Cash Cash Buy 10 3723.00000 17:22:29 05375504 5622108 Standard

CMC Spreadbet PLC acted as Principal in this matter.

CMC Spreadbet PLC acted on an execution only basis in this matter.

You shall be deemed to have accepted the transactions listed above unless we receive notice of your objections

within five days of the date of this confirmation.

The approximate time of execution can be notified on request.

Regarding the shooting star post on the S&P - if that's not a good enough comment prior to the event ( INDU coming off 45pts) I don't know what is.

Tell you what - if you would like to print your telephone number then we can all ring you when we think the markets are going to move , better still- what about posting your SB account details & we'll place the bets for you!!!!

You're not connected with cabers in your day time proffesion, by any chance?

Last edited:
to lockstock

Spread Bet Confirmations dont man shit you can paste them up and change what you like on the statment.

Also lockstock said Regarding the shooting star post on the S&P - if that's not a good enough comment prior to the event ( INDU coming off 45pts.

cj
yes all very well after the event but did you act on it that whats counts in this game acting on what you see, not trying to look good.

dum trader

or u may call me

cj

Oaty,

How's it hanging ?

Thought you'd gone out & got a proper job :cheesy: :cheesy:

Downloaded the latest downdata offering 2.02 or something like that.

Using prorealtime for 7 days, like the software, will probably start using it on a permanent basis when sierra silver 6 month expires.

Don't think I can get upgrades, cos I won't pay up :cheesy:

Last edited:
Just set another e-mail address up in another name on your PC- then go to Ddata & fill in the trial period form, false address & tel no. but correct e-mail then download. Hey Presto ;)

Got an e-mail address from Sinead yesterday saying that she was trying to contact me- Maria Wood :cheesy: :cheesy: then there is of course the chart of the day from Mr Linton & e-mails for the next rip-off get together £350