Deletion of threads!

pkfryer

Can I make a suggestion to all moderators or whoever else deletes peoples threads AND posts.

It is very rude to do so without giving explanations. This is not your private playground where you can bully people just because you have the power to do so.

A perfectly decent, respectable question was asked... and a respectable answer should have been given. Not the blind rudeness to delete several of my threads asking polite questions in the Commercial Systems forum! Why are threads being deleted with no reason given? Not even a PM to myself.

Dc2000s , genesis system thread had no abusing content in it! If it did then please give an example so I will know why it was deleted. It was discussing his system that he was selling and it was placed in the Commercial systems forum... Is this breaking some rule? I and others would like to know the answer.

How many other perfectly decent threads are going missing because people dont like the creator of the thread! How many logical, polite posts are being deleted without us knowing?

This has got to stop!

This is a trading forum... and any threads or posts relating to trading that do not contain abuse should not be deleted under any circumstances! It is undermining the value of this website and giving concern that things aren't quite as they should be. If a post or thread is deleted a reason should be given to satisfy forum members that there actually was a good cause for exceptional action to be taken.

This is reasonable dont you all agree?

Yes I agree I was interested in the Genesis system and would like to know why it was deleted do the mods know something we don't ?
Surely if a thread is deleted or a member banned then there should be a post as to the reason,then when we understand the reasons, we can make our own judgment , and if necessary avoid contact with that person or the purchase of the advertised system in the future.

pk:

I agree wholeheartedly with your comments. Bad enough that the original dc thread was deleted without comment from admins, but then for your polite and respectful post questioning said deletion to disapear without explanation or comment to yourself or other thread contributors ...well it just beggars belief imho

I was delighted when I "found" this site a few weeks ago, as I think it is an invaluable aid to traders old and new and I wish I had found it long ago. However, it is now in danger of losing the very thing that appealed to me about it, i.e its integrity and freedom to exchange of views in an adult manner. You'll be telling us next that they found WMD's in dc's website!!!

It would appear that some here have overly sensitive toes, and I would respectfully suggest that owners of said toes be told to go buy some steel toe capped boots! It's a big bad world out there...and guess what?..not everyone is going agree with your every pearl of wisdom....get used to it!

Probably by the time I hit post ...this thread will already have been deleted too. Hope I am proved wrong!

pkfryer said:
This has got to stop!

This is a trading forum... and any threads or posts relating to trading that do not contain abuse should not be deleted under any circumstances! It is undermining the value of this website and giving concern that things aren't quite as they should be. If a post or thread is deleted a reason should be given to satisfy forum members that there actually was a good cause for exceptional action to be taken.

This is reasonable dont you all agree?

Actually no. If it wasn't for the mod's it would descend into chaos. It would be the same crap that you get in news groups- commercial waffle, Boiler rooms selling the mug punters get rich quick schemes ( aka "trading systems" ) maybe you want that? I don't. To be honest I feel that half the forums on here are drivel anyway, and I post an awful lot less than I did last year. I'd like to think I was a reasonably active member, who was happy to impart my working knowledge of market making to who ever asked, but now every time I look there's more and more off topic waffle ( latest being some **** about bully's I really couldn't be bothered to read)

CT:
I may be wrong, but to my knowledge dc's thread was not deleted due to anything connected to to the system he was selling, but rather bcoz he was banned for some misdemeanour elsewhere on the boards. I will apolgise profusely if I am corrected on this point.

I am sure most (if not all agree) with ur thoughts...I certainly do not question or dispute the right of mods to delete threads.....I do however question the reasons and methods behind such deletions, not to mention the lack of common courtesy in communicating said decisions to thread originator or other thread contributors.

Anyone bought the Genesis system? I am curious but I have deep pockets and short arms and can't seem to reach my wallet :D

Would be interesting to hear any comments about it.

I have bought it but haven't received it yet! It is very cheap as far as systems go! If it does half of what he claims it will pay for itself within a few trades. But we will see.

Yes City Trader... I didn't mean that no threads should be deleted. But I am curious as to why a thread that no one can see anything wrong with, was deleted. Also, it seems strange that when I start another thread to query why the dc2000 thread was deleted... this also was deleted. yet I was polite in the thread... not rude or abusive.. and asking questions concerning a commercial system. I was curious as to whether it was because of the system or because of dc2000 that it was deleted?

I was also making a point that... if posts are randomly deleted with no explanation given, it can be considered offensive and rude! All deleted posts and threads should be replaced with an explanation.. eg the contents is removed and a notice saying: This was deleted because:.... Thats all! And if anyone asks why a post or thread was deleted they should be responded to with an explanation. Its perfectly fair and reasonable to ask this!

Yes, by all means get rid of spamming etc... But lets not allow abuse of power.

What I am actually curious about, is if anyone has actually made money, on an annual basis relying on a system???? Once again for those who haven't read my thoughts on this previously, if these systems worked, they wouldn't be sold!! think about it.. you have a system guaranteed to make money. you have 3 choices...
1) Trade with your own money and make $10mil a year
2) Sell it to Goldman Sachs, or Morgan Stanley, or UBS, etc, etc, for $10mil plus a back end percentage of profits made.
3) sell it to mug punters on the Internet for $99.95 a pop ( or whatever they charge)

Think about it punters, your Utopia does NOT exist. If it didn, the markets wouldn't - and please dont ask me to explain why they wouldn't... just think about it...

CT. I have to disagree,some trading systems do work and instill discipline. Otherwise how do you decide when to pull the trigger? Have a look at JT's Spot On software with full back test results for evidence. And he trades the systems himself.

I think JT produces some excellent systems but how long do they work for? He is good at inventing a new one regularly and I think that is the best thing to do. I also remember reading a while ago that he had not as yet made a profit from his various systems. I am sure that has changed recently but it just goes to show how hard it is.

pkfryer said:
It is very rude to [delete posts and threads] without giving explanations.

Well, if not rude, then at least unproductive and liable to waste people's time hunting for things that used to exist. If there were a better cross-referencing system, and it included reference to archived and deleted material, that would help.

That applies to selective deletions too, such as those which appear to have been made to the "No Indicators" thread, with the result that some of the remaining posts make reference to posts that no longer exist, under numberings that no longer make sense....

And, by the way, when members are purged - as appears to have happened to BBB and DC - would it be possible to provide some explanation (within general constraints relating to data protection , libel etc). A reference to whatever rule had been broken would be helpful to surviving members.

Quite right growltiger.. exactly what I want to.

CityTrader I agree with you on some points.. if everyone new of and used a system that got guaranteed results then the markets would collapse (which perhaps they will one day as computers get more powerful and AI advances...). But it is still possible to have systems that work, or at least rules for interpreting and acting on indicators.

Indicators merely cut the wheat from the chaff, a system is merely a set of rules to interpret patterns and indicators, an automatic system is merely the programming of these rules. System trading is trading, but enforcing yourself to system entry exit. I believe it is maybe only 25% efficient but as a novice, intermediate the enforced discipline is necessary for fledgling initial profits before the abilities and skills are gained to be a discretionary trader.

Anyway... this is off topic! The main thrust of this thread is the deletion of threads and whether it is wrong or not to delete threads, posts and ban people without given explanations for actions!

I'll let you into a secret. This BB stands where it is because we, the moderators, do the job of keeping things tidy. You all know ( as someone said above) if we didn't , it would rapidly degenerate into something like every other BB. We try to be as fair as possible. We warn individuals. In the case oc DC, not once, not twice, but three times. Just how stupid do you have to be to ignore these warnings? We are also banning those that try to bypass our efforts by rejoining under another alias. It goes without saying we give no warning of that action.A lot of people have put a lot of effort into making this BB what it is. We are not about to let a few disruptive , uncooperative individuals spoil that. If you want to participate in this FREE BB, do so with respect and pride. If you want to be disruptive and rude, go else where or get banned. How simple is that? And no, I'm not throwing my toys out of the pram.
Sometimes, I remember to pvt someone that I ban before I ban them. From past experience, it seems to make no difference to their attitude, and they end up being banned permanently anyway.
Yes, you can express you views freely in an adult manner. It's when a few start upping the anti and take pop shots at someone that brings attention to themselves and the moderators. Most people who over step the mark get reported multiple times to the mods by the members.It's not 'us' singling out someone because they are not flavour of the day.
The holes that have appeared due to posts being deleted from threads is being attended to.
I hope this clears up a few points.

ChartMan said:
I'll let you into a secret. This BB stands where it is because we, the moderators, do the job of keeping things tidy.

" This BB stands where it is" ......... do you mean in terms of quality or are you talking about something else ?

ChartMan... I have refered also to threads inexplicably going missing that I and dc2000 has created that didn't offend anyone. No explanation was given either. This is rude.

I am not lumping all moderators into the same basket... but I feel there may be some that are a little too over enthusiastic.

Also, in regard to recent multiple banning... that subject has been debated before and a great deal of anger is seething behind the scenes that the moderators themselves may not be privvy to, but many forum members are aware of.

Banning anyone for stating an opinion is wrong. Also, it has to be asked of yourselves... what would possibly cause an otherwise reasonable poster to start being very angry and disruptive. Do you think they just suddenly all went mad? Is it a full moon? Or perhaps there is a common reason... perhaps there is a disruptive force that is behind it all. Otherwise intelligent, decent poster being driven through frustration and exasperation to retaliate. Maybe they should not be the ones who are banned.

Anyway, I think it is the moderators duty to restore equilibrium... and that requires listening to BOTH sides of the story.

But enough of this controversial subject.

When a person is banned, a post or a thread deleted a moderator should post this fact for all to know. What are the circumstances, why were they banned (or it deleted) etc. We have a right to know why discipline is metted out or threads are culled. Some of us have friends here that suddenly disappeared, we would like to know why, and if there was really fairness dealt. Some of us devote a great deal of time posting and reading threads... we have favourite threads we follow or we are interested in. We would like to know why these threads disappear, what were the reasons? They are public property! Also, if I spend the time to write a post, I like to think that it isn't going to be deleted because I inadvertently broke some rule. It takes thought and time to write a post, and it is my property... I dont like the idea that someone can delete it without good reason. If it is deleted I have a right to know why and for it to be public knowledge.

This is the main reason for the thread.

ChartMan said:
You all know ( as someone said above) if we didn't , it would rapidly degenerate into something like every other BB. .

Me, me ME!!!!!

PKFRYER, I hear what you say. Now hear what I have said. YOU try our patience and eventually we snap, like any other human being.If you or anyone else cannot conduct themselves in a way that you yourself would wish to be treated, then you will have to suffer the consequences.
Phil Yabewts, N.Leeson, daytrade, SoupDragon, George W.Anker, Alice, take note.( And others) that if you post with multiple nicks, you run the risk of getting ALL your posts deleted. There is no other reason to have multiple nicks other that to deceive members into thinking you are two different people when in fact you are one and the same , or several the same as in the above cases. There are others that we are aware off and it is laughable the deception that some members try to get away with.....
On a slightly different topic. I CAN GUARANTEE that contrary to popular rumour, and reinforcements by members with muli aliases, that SOCRATES IS NOT GREY1/Iraj. End of story.

Chartman

Some of the traders in our office who are members of t2w feel that it would be helpful to have a "trashcan" where we can view deleted posts for a short period after the event. Is this feasible ?

Bin them

qaza said:
Chartman

Some of the traders in our office who are members of t2w feel that it would be helpful to have a "trashcan" where we can view deleted posts for a short period after the event. Is this feasible ?

Then everyone else can get on with reading "on topic" posts .
Nice to see the moderators taking a reasonably firm line, albeit I feel they are remarkably tolerant.