[DARWIN] KSX by TrungLN

• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

TrungLN

242 366
[Jan 15, 2021] Updated money management to protect all realized profit. Apply 1:1 R/R.
Yeah!
After 2 weeks of consideration, I made final decision as above comment, in details:
1. Applying fix 1:1 Risk/Reward for each trade when I detect a good setup.
2. Try to protect all profit by applying trailing stop. ( lots of profit thrown way in December and in the end with loss, it made me think a lots about the trade-off).

CavaliereVerde

Experienced member
1,549 1,993
As far as I remember it was a stop and reverse strategy.
RR 1 and trailing is completely different, have you backtested it in the same way as the former ruleset?

Reactions: TrungLN

TrungLN

242 366
As far as I remember it was a stop and reverse strategy
RR 1 and trailing is completely different, have you backtested it in the same way as the former ruleset?
You're very sharp when evaluating something relating to trading. ^^
Yes, comparing to original rule set. 2 above changes is the major.
About the setup to detect trend is still kept similarly. I still hunt for a trend to entry. Just now, I want to protect all profit (a trade-off is sometime, I can miss a big trend. But with some fake trend, I can be protected).
The past 2 weeks, I spent time to manual backtest to confirm/evaluate the behavior of the changes.
After next 2 month, I expect the Var of underlying will be lower than a half of current one (current ~23%).

CavaliereVerde

Experienced member
1,549 1,993
For example CVL has a SAR logic , pretty clear if you look to trading journal.
LSC has TSL and TP .
Nothing is right or wrong per se, in my case setups and timeframes are different too.
Both strategies are backtested on more than 5 years.

The first time I read about cicle of doom it was by you.
Do not sell low a profitable strategy... ;)

Reactions: TrungLN

TrungLN

242 366
The first time I read about cicle of doom it was by you.
Do not sell low a profitable strategy...
Thank you so much for your advice!
About circle of doom, I'm aware of it.
That's why I have to consider much and take 2 weeks to check what I will trade-off.
After the change, I do not expect to get profit immediately. I just want to see more balance between win streak and loss streak.
The original method made big profit in some period ( from Apr to Sep), but losing the same in some other period (Oct to Dec). And the fluctuating amount is quite large. It might scare a lot of investors and even me. (the one who backtested it and known its return ~20% the last 3 years with 15-20% max DD).
Sometimes, we have to decide what is "patience and what is "stubborn".
And this case, I choose to change. ^^

Reactions: CavaliereVerde

TrungLN

242 366
[JAN 2021 REPORT]

Let's summarize/review KSX stats in Jan 2021

SUMMARY:
  • Discipline and consistency in trading: OK
  • Profitable in trading: NOT GOOD (-0.76%)
  • There are 2 major update from Jan 2021: Apply Risk:Reward 1:1 and protect all unrealized profit by trailing stop. As expectation, the risk of underlying strategy is controlled very well after the changes. Now, let's wait for the favor market comes back.

DETAILS:
(Please refer to https://www.darwinex.com/darwin/KSX for more paramters and stats)
Return_Risk_012021.png

Behavior_Stats_012021.png

Pos_Neg_Excursion_012021.png

Last edited:

TrungLN

242 366
[FEB 2021 REPORT]

Let's summarize/review KSX stats in Feb 2021

SUMMARY:
  • Discipline and consistency in trading: OK. Still hunting for a trend and enter with RR 1:1.
  • Profitable in trading: Green month come back (1.1%)
  • Only 6 trades done in Feb but they are high quality entry and stable risk management. Trading is not my fulltime job, so I often miss some good entry.

DETAILS:
(Please refer to https://www.darwinex.com/darwin/KSX for more paramters and stats)
Return_Risk_022021.png

Behavior_Stats_022021.png

Pos_Neg_Excursion_022021.png

Last edited:

TrungLN

242 366
As far as I remember your trading is fully automated... 🤨
No for KSX. It's manual entry by me and managed exit by my EA.
PSX is fully automated one. I just closed it and restart a new one with same trading breakout method of GU. (I want to have a nice equity/profile too, with low DD, ^^)

Last edited:

TrungLN

242 366
Hello all,

Just to share!
I have stopped trading at Darwinex since April.
Because, I am aware of another way to make money faster and larger than trying to build solid tracking record at DW for years and wait for an AuM from DarwinIA with only 15% profit share.

It is working with prop firms, I mean high reputation prop firms such as FTMO, MyForexFund ...

So far, I am trading 300k$ at MFF (rapid model, 12% biweekly payout) and already make ~2k$ in just 4 month (from April to Jul).
I attached some photo as payout proof.
Screenshot_20210731-225644_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20210731-225716_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20210731-225746_Gmail.jpg

In sum, if you can demonstrare yourself as a profitable trader, you surely can make much more money and faster with prop firms than Darwinex.
The risk and reward is advantage for profitable traders when working with prop firms.

The Erect Trader

72 70
Thanks for sharing about the MFF Rapid Model. It's the first time i see someone who shows a proof of payment with this model. In the end of this video, this guy explain why he think the MFF Rapid Model is good :

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock