• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[DARWIN] QAV by QAVinversion - quillants

Welcome to our new friend @QAVinversion !
Here we have a promising young darwin:
->https://www.darwinex.com/darwin/QAV

Can you expand a bit about your strategy?
Is it manual or automated?
What about style and timeframes?
Thank you,

First of all I hope that my text will be understood.

I'm surprised because I didn't ask for a thread, I appreciate it.

I will answer the 3 questions to be brief.

1. i trade on 4h time frames, 1D, 1W, different pairs with emphasis on JPY. for trend and counter trend, I don't use martingale, no averaging, nothing like that.
My maximum DD is 1.33% in subyacent and 2% approx in darwin ( per day, I use SL) , with unlimited potential profits, I do not use take profit, I close at the end of the newyork day, this as this operation ( taking into account that I open in the tokyo session and the operation can close by touching the stop lost )

I plan to deposit money to the account from the 50 dscore.

2. i trade manually, i don't know much about programming in mt4, but my strategy is programmable, no doubt about it, and of course i would like to do it at some point.

3. my operations have a duration ranging from x hours to a maximum of 20 hours, at some point (February) I was mixing another strategy, but it was too much risk for me, so I consider myself a trader, somewhat conservative, I aspire to make a living from this. Daily I do a follow up of what I did, to check where I was wrong and how many points I lost according to my reference which is the backtesting (12 years approximately).

I would like to receive questions, reviews, and some follow up. I am not trying to promote my Darwin, because, if my trading plan is good, QAV should show results by itself.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Last edited:
2. i trade manually, i don't know much about programming in mt4, but my strategy is programmable, no doubt about it, and of course i would like to do it at some point.

3. my operations have a duration ranging from x hours to a maximum of 20 hours, at some point (February) I was mixing another strategy, but it was too much risk for me, so I consider myself a trader, somewhat conservative, I aspire to make a living from this. Daily I do a follow up of what I did, to check where I was wrong and how many points I lost according to my reference which is the backtesting (12 years approximately).
Are you saying that you backtested it on 12 years MANUALLY ?
😲😲

Orderly positions, zero martingales, zero averaging, no positions are added, not even in the highest DD at the moment.

Attachments

• mayo 29 qav.png
    mayo 29 qav.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 135
Changing the subject a bit, can I increase the var of my strategy by adding two trades buy and sell on the same currency pair?

Changing the subject a bit, can I increase the var of my strategy by adding two trades buy and sell on the same currency pair?
If you are hedging, the Darwin (and investor account) is flat.
The investor should not pay overnight swap for a hedged position, but the trader has to pay if the position is held over night.
So I assume there is no effect on the VaR.

Why should you do that?
VaR 4% and equity 4k is perfect for the risk manager and for darwinia allocations.
>https://www.darwinex.com/darwin/QAV#
Your var is superstable leading to a RS score of 9.1 , spectacular job, do not mess it! ;)
thank you, you are right, I am a little worried about the loss of more than 2% daily, in my underlying it is much lower, although I could easily get used to it. I really don't know if it is adequate for investors, what is clear is that I wouldn't lose more than that per day, I have my stops completely defined.

Everything is maintained as established, with some rotation of pairs, if you have any questions you can comment and I will gladly answer you.