Darren Winters

Whenever someones after money for nothing, they always use a dog... Its quite the big issue...

chrisw said:
Whenever someones after money for nothing, they always use a dog... Its quite the big issue...

Yes it's shocking and should be stopped!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 2,053
Twighlight zone

chrisw said:
401 now Rols!
Yep - Rols, I agree with Chris.

It looks like we have transported ourselves into the future (or you have gone back in time) and we can read your messages before you yourself have posted them.

If we tell you what the latest prices are will you share some of your gains ?

Charlton

JillyB said:
Just found this article from Investors Chronicle on Darren Winters. Interesting reading and backs up everything else in this thread.

http://www.investorschronicle.co.uk/public/Winterswonderland.pdf

Thanks for posting the link, I attended a DW course 3 years ago and found the article accurate and detailed in the examination of the claims.

I actually lost a lot of money in the weeks following the course, by putting tight stop losses on all my blue chip shares while I went on holliday for a month. Never used stop losses before then, the market dipped, shares were sold, then the market regained all it `s losses.
Lost my confidence and never traded for a year after that, while the shares went onward and upwards and some have doubled in price since then. A little knowledge is dangerous, or costly.

deepete said:
Thanks for posting the link, I attended a DW course 3 years ago and found the article accurate and detailed in the examination of the claims.

I actually lost a lot of money in the weeks following the course, by putting tight stop losses on all my blue chip shares while I went on holliday for a month. Never used stop losses before then, the market dipped, shares were sold, then the market regained all it `s losses.
Lost my confidence and never traded for a year after that, while the shares went onward and upwards and some have doubled in price since then. A little knowledge is dangerous, or costly.

I am glad you read it. For those that haven't read it I would urge you to. And also note the MO he uses is very very close to that of Greg Secker.

BUYER BEWARE!

'A fool and his money are soon parted...'

If someone believes they can 'get rich quick' through these schemes then more fool them, they deserve to lose money.

Why do so many people think trading is easy. I bump into more and more people who when I tell them what I do for a living, know someone or their other half or someone is going to trade as they are at home looking after the kids so it'll be good for an extra income....

Who'd take up any of these thinking they'd be succesful just because they went on a course or two? Architect, lawyer, quantity surveyor, doctor, dentist... Wall street isn't full of stupid people (well, you know what I mean), they didn't walk of the street after reading a few books and listening to someone else for three hours.

daft.

Last edited:
wasp said:
'A fool and his money are soon parted...'

If someone believes they can 'get rich quick' through these schemes then more fool them, they deserve to lose money.

Why do so many people think trading is easy. I bump into more and more people who when I tell them what I do for a living, know someone or their other half or someone is going to trade as they are at home looking after the kids so it'll be good for an extra income....

Who'd take up any of these thinking they'd be succesful just because they went on a course or two? Architect, lawyer, quantity surveyor, doctor, dentist... Wall street isn't full of stupid people (well, you know what I mean), they didn't walk of the street after reading a few books and listening to someone else for three hours.

daft.

Totally agree Wasp.

Sadly though some of these salesmen are very persuasive, especially when they make claims that shall I say ... are never independently substantiated yet appear to offer the holy grail. Claims such as have "redefined the future of online trading strategy ..." yet it appears no one can remember them where they claim to have done it! Then we learn that people who have only been trading for less than a year can make 127% in 4 months. People need to take this all with a pinch of salt and do their homework before handing over any money to the likes of Winters and Secker. :rolleyes:

Very interesting article in Shares Magazine Money for Nothing 27 April 2006 P53.

Lets get these people properly regulated.

Self Proclaimed Educators

Great posts guys. The crazy thing is that these so called market gurus turned educators are out in the market place making all sorts of declarations and claims - without proof or any substance. They state that they have a total service support of professional coaches again without proof or substance. But yet make any criticism of them and who is first to call foul and make legal threats - they are of course and i wonder why?

If they were that good they wouldn't waste their time in the seminar business and they wouldn't cry foul because they wouldn't have anything to hide.

Lets warn the paying public

Buswhiz said:
Great posts guys. The crazy thing is that these so called market gurus turned educators are out in the market place making all sorts of declarations and claims - without proof or any substance. They state that they have a total service support of professional coaches again without proof or substance. But yet make any criticism of them and who is first to call foul and make legal threats - they are of course and i wonder why?

If they were that good they wouldn't waste their time in the seminar business and they wouldn't cry foul because they wouldn't have anything to hide.

I agree BW. I am still upset that the thread on Secker that was here has been off air for over a month and no indication of its return. Whilst it is necessary to avoid unsubstantiated libel it is necessary to allow free comment where it is factual and fair comment.

So T2W team. PLEASE CAN WE HAVE SOME QUICK ACTION!

Soon we will be into the new seminar season and it would be good if the thread is up and running before then.

Otherwise I am tempted to start a thread in Elitetrader.com (a US site) referenced to here, where there is no such restrictions on fair comment.

kenhetherington said:
I agree BW. I am still upset that the thread on Secker that was here has been off air for over a month and no indication of its return. Whilst it is necessary to avoid unsubstantiated libel it is necessary to allow free comment where it is factual and fair comment.

So T2W team. PLEASE CAN WE HAVE SOME QUICK ACTION!

Soon we will be into the new seminar season and it would be good if the thread is up and running before then.

Otherwise I am tempted to start a thread in Elitetrader.com (a US site) referenced to here, where there is no such restrictions on fair comment.

Wondered what happened to that thread.

ET is not the solution any thread on there will be taken off topic by very stupid replies.

Buswhiz said:

Could not agree more , A trader must be able to make his living off of the market than other traders. Coaches are failed traders . As simple as that .

This is VWAP engine in action up $ 6430 .. AMZN short is still open till tomorrow.

Muchas gracias Mr mraket as grey1 always says

If you want to learn trading Join me in Technical Trader forum and is all free. Go to your control panel and apply to join. My daily P/L is all there and the methodolog there too

Attachments

• 6240.jpg
    6240.jpg
    445.6 KB · Views: 547
How long does it take?

Quenkish said:
Wondered what happened to that thread.

ET is not the solution any thread on there will be taken off topic by very stupid replies.

I am a relatively new member, but I am a bit surprised that that thread has been down for a month while they check it out. I am also a recent trainee from the Greg Secker course and happy with what I have learned, but I would still like to read the thread for info. I would have expected T2W to require the Traders University to specify the defamatory posts, take those out while they are checked out, and restore them if considered to pass legal requirements. Not take the whole thread down and take a month to read "200 to 300 posts" for anything unacceptable.
Is it always done this way?
Sorry if I am taking this "off-topic" but the thread where I wanted to post the question is gone....

Bigplans.