Darren Winters

Bigplans -

1) Are you getting 10% a month 'rent' for your shares or have you realised that this is actually impossible and the claim was bull&^%$......

2) Are you now one of the best 0.5% traders in the world making a regular 5%-10% a month? And if not what's the problem?

Just wondering?

Not sure what you mean??

anley said:
Bigplans -

1) Are you getting 10% a month 'rent' for your shares or have you realised that this is actually impossible and the claim was bull&^%$......

2) Are you now one of the best 0.5% traders in the world making a regular 5%-10% a month? And if not what's the problem?

Just wondering?
Anley,

I don't really know
a) What you are talking about re "rent" for shares, as it is not a claim I have ever heard from Traders University. Is it a Darren Winters claim? Personally I never buy shares, only spreadbet
or
b) Why you seem to be so aggressive in your response without actually addressing the issue of my question.....which is Why is the Greg Secker thread unavailable for so long?

Is no-one allowed to say they have been satisfied with the training, advice or coaching they have received without being seen as a liar or an idiot? Sometimes a bit of balanced discussion does no harm.

I attended the Winters course in July last year which was the first I had ever had to do with trading - thought the methodology was logical enough, though found Winters himself pretty unconvincing as a trader, and it was not enough to get me trading on its own.

Then went on the Greg Secker course, which did get me trading. Since the beginning of 2006 - YES, I have averaged about 8% per month on my capital, despite the way the markets went up and down in late May and in June. I certainly would not claim to be one of the top 0.5% of traders in the world (and know that I am by no means the best performing of the Traders University trainees I have come across), but facts are facts and are entitled to be stated as such. I may or may not be one of a number of "exceptions", but I am not a liar. I have absolutely no reason to be.

To be honest, the tone of your response is making me see why the thread might have been taken down afterall. I also wonder if some of you who have been trading much, much longer than me, and learnt it from books and hard work DON'T WANT to believe that success can come any other way. Trading is NOT easy (at least not for me), but is does seem logical and straightforward, so, surely, well packaged, well presented training can be a great start.

One of the reasons I would like to be able to read the thread is to try to see what all of these remarks concerning dodgy practices, and all of the vehemence actually stems from, as I tend to be quite a demanding customer, and have, so far , been very satisfied.

Do not assume we ALL have axes to grind. Sometimes it is just the truth.

Bigplans

Quenkish said:
Wondered what happened to that thread.

ET is not the solution any thread on there will be taken off topic by very stupid replies.

The thread is "temporarily" taken down till the defamatory comments are removed. This was prompted by legal threats by Secker apparently.

There is a T2W feedback thread where there is more information is on.

It is sad that this has happened, but I support all keeping to the facts when criticising Secker and not embelling it with gratuitous insult.

There are plenty of facts to criticise, and we NEED to air these so that others are well informed, preferably before they decide to sign up.

Re ET... I agree its not an ideal option. So Sharkey PLEASE get a wriggle on!

The Secker thread is down for so long because it is not required for anyone to point out a particular defamatory comment.

Defamation is the legal term that covers both slander and libel; slander is defamation by word of mouth, and libel is defamation in written form. A statement about an individual or organisation is deemed to be defamatory if it harms their reputation by:

• Exposing the individual or organisation to hatred, ridicule or contempt;
• Causing the individual or organisation to be shunned or avoided;
• Lowering the individual or organisation in the estimation of right-thinking members of society; or
• Disparaging the individual in their office, profession or trade or the organisation's office, profession or trade.

Now, it could be said that the entire thread fulfills one or more of those criteria. However, whilst we get it finalised (and believe me, we are working on it), I would ask members to be patient and trust us. We have always been impartial and we try to remain so.

rossored said:
The Secker thread is down for so long because it is not required for anyone to point out a particular defamatory comment.

Defamation is the legal term that covers both slander and libel; slander is defamation by word of mouth, and libel is defamation in written form. A statement about an individual or organisation is deemed to be defamatory if it harms their reputation by:

• Lowering the individual or organisation in the estimation of right-thinking members of society; or
• Disparaging the individual in their office, profession or trade or the organisation's office, profession or trade.

Now, it could be said that the entire thread fulfills one or more of those criteria. However, whilst we get it finalised (and believe me, we are working on it), I would ask members to be patient and trust us. We have always been impartial and we try to remain so.

I am guessing the "defamatory" statements also have to be untrue to be actionable. Also guessing that that is a bit of a fine line to judge. Bit of a crap law then really, if they can't be required to specify what they object to.

I wonder if it was a good idea for the thread "about" the thread to be closed down so quickly, as it meant I had nowhere to post my query, and ended up polluting your Darren Winters thread. Sorry about that. At least if you set aside a specific spot for the moaning, it would keep it all tidily in one place for you.

Also, having caught a glimpse of the vehemence on the subject, think I can maybe see what sort of job you have on your hands!!

Bigplans

Bigplans said:
I am guessing the "defamatory" statements also have to be untrue to be actionable. Also guessing that that is a bit of a fine line to judge. Bit of a crap law then really, if they can't be required to specify what they object to.

I wonder if it was a good idea for the thread "about" the thread to be closed down so quickly, as it meant I had nowhere to post my query, and ended up polluting your Darren Winters thread. Sorry about that. At least if you set aside a specific spot for the moaning, it would keep it all tidily in one place for you.

Also, having caught a glimpse of the vehemence on the subject, think I can maybe see what sort of job you have on your hands!!

Bigplans

BP: I will send you a private reply to fill in some of the details. I can understand your frustration. You seem like a decent fair person who wants to know the facts. That is what I believe is the key to this whole subject - the facts. If you stick rigidly to the facts then as far as I see it, there is the perfect defense against defamation.

kenhetherington said:
BP: I will send you a private reply to fill in some of the details. I can understand your frustration. You seem like a decent fair person who wants to know the facts. That is what I believe is the key to this whole subject - the facts. If you stick rigidly to the facts then as far as I see it, there is the perfect defense against defamation.

Thanks Ken

BigPlans

rossored said:

R: I understand what you and the T2W are trying to do and I will do my best to remain patient as I have done for over a month now.

I would not quarrel with your definition of "defamation" however I am sure you and the team are aware that that tells only half of the story. Otherwise it would not be possible to criticise (no matter how bad) the behaviour of politicians, criminals, businesses who sell defective goods, etc etc.

There are (and I am no libel lawyer) clear defences. From memory they include, if the comments are factually based and accurate and do not create a misleading impression, and in the public good.

Somewhat tongue in cheek, I could say that to take the definition of defamatory at face value as you have put it, means that all criticism of anything is out of bounds on T2W whilst allowing praise of organisations, even where they are doing it unobjectively - or sponsored by the organisation being praised.

I know T2W is not going to interpret things in that way. I applaud you being unbiassed. But that in my opinion should not mean, sitting on the fence where the evidence is there to come off the fence.

So I will remain patient. I want to see this thread reinstated as quickly as possible for the benefit of all would be traders.

Ken

8% a month on average, well that does put you in the top 0.5% of traders in the world.

Why don't you stop wasting your time trading your own capital and get talking to the big investment banks because with those kinds of returns you could be making upwards of $5 - $10million a year within a very short period of time (plus of course no risk to your personal capital).

Don't be scared of picking up the phone because with the kind of returns you're generating everyone will want to speak with you...........

I think the key to it Anley is consistency. Anyone can have a winning trade a winning month, just as anyone can win the lottery. And when the market is trending up or down reliably its relatively easy to make money.

However most of the time the market is not going to be fathomable by reference to some basic chart patterns or fundamentals.

It takes hard work, dedication, practice, and practice....over several years for most of us.

anley said:
8% a month on average, well that does put you in the top 0.5% of traders in the world.

Why don't you stop wasting your time trading your own capital and get talking to the big investment banks because with those kinds of returns you could be making upwards of $5 - $10million a year within a very short period of time (plus of course no risk to your personal capital).

Don't be scared of picking up the phone because with the kind of returns you're generating everyone will want to speak with you...........

For me, there are any number of reasons, many to do with the fact I never want to work for anyone else again if I can avoid it!

Secondly, who would believe me? (not so sure that you do..... )

But mainly, as I said, I am spreadbetting, which massively leverages my returns. I would never be able to make those sorts of returns on stocks. I think that is what both Win and traders university base their figures on, and a lot of the other training alternatives. I also realise this won't be so easy as my trading capital increases, I am already getting requotes at times, but then I can shift to CFDs for additional leveraged capacity. Whether my nerve will hold out making leveraged trades with an account of millions is another problem entirely......but one it would be very nice to have to face!

(As the name suggests....BIGPLANS......but what's the point in aiming low)

Give it a year or 2 then, then back up what you say with trading statements.

Don't worry about the leverage factor, who doesn't use it these days. Anyway, even if you don't use it with stocks and return 1.5% - 2% a month you'd still have investors throwing money at you. 25% a year is what wet dreams are made of (but the returns must be risk adjusted of course).

Yes, you would be able to make those returns on stocks using CFDs and possibly your returns would be better, even if you factor in the tax. Better bid-offer, can control the bid-offer, markets more liquid etc.

Bigplans said:
For me, there are any number of reasons, many to do with the fact I never want to work for anyone else again if I can avoid it!

Secondly, who would believe me? (not so sure that you do..... )

But mainly, as I said, I am spreadbetting, which massively leverages my returns. I would never be able to make those sorts of returns on stocks. I think that is what both Win and traders university base their figures on, and a lot of the other training alternatives. I also realise this won't be so easy as my trading capital increases, I am already getting requotes at times, but then I can shift to CFDs for additional leveraged capacity. Whether my nerve will hold out making leveraged trades with an account of millions is another problem entirely......but one it would be very nice to have to face!

(As the name suggests....BIGPLANS......but what's the point in aiming low)

Hi Bigplans - I sympathise with the never working for anyone else again approach (although everything has a price!)

Re belief - show em your trading contracts.

I recently went to one of Win Investing / Darren Winters investment talks, personally I found it very interesting despite what some people may say. I was actually passed the company details by a friend who attended a seminar last year sometime and he suggested I go along to see what it was all about. Surely you have nothing to lose going along to the free talk?? Or am I missing something here?

alex_cameron said:
Surely you have nothing to lose going along to the free talk?? Or am I missing something here?
Well no - as long as you keep in mind that the 'free' talk has only one aim, to get you sign up for hugely inflated course which will tell you nothing.

I went on free seminar a few years ago, more out of curiosity than anything, and I thought it was a complete waste of time. Any trading tips/strategies which might have been useful could all have been found on the net for free - but most of the time I felt like I was at a marketing seminar. Giving me a few trading 'secrets' to whet my appetite but then saying I'll only get full picture by going on the course. This course was at a reduced price ( about £1,300 if I remember ) but only if I signed up today.
I left before the end as I was bored with it - felt like a total scam to me.

A few days later I got a call from them asking if I wanted to sign up as they have decided to extend offer. I declined but then she started quizzing me on my trading style, what indicators did I use? how often did I trade? what other course I'd been on? etc. I told her it was none of her business.

I still see big ads in papers and on local radio...and it all sound so professional and believable ..how does he get away with it?

WinInvesting

Yeah I went to one of the free Darren Winters seminars a few weeks back.

I googled Warren Buffet and his website came up. aheheAhEjE

Anyway I can understand what he's doing I guess, but at that price I would expect training from a recognized professional with an enviable CV/track record.

I actually made £1 that day. Part of the demo was about "taking action" and I was the only one to jump up and exchange a £1 coin for a £2 coin. lol.

hahaha

Well done for your perceptiveness!

Yeah I went to one of the free Darren Winters seminars a few weeks back.

I googled Warren Buffet and his website came up. aheheAhEjE

Anyway I can understand what he's doing I guess, but at that price I would expect training from a recognized professional with an enviable CV/track record.

I actually made £1 that day. Part of the demo was about "taking action" and I was the only one to jump up and exchange a £1 coin for a £2 coin. lol.

Darren Winters - Win Investing

What a joke..

Re: Darren Winters

http://www.financial-spread-betting.com/Darren-Winters.html

http://www.financial-spread-betting...en-Winters.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/guardian_jobs_and_money/story/0,3605,1055201,00.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/3656746.stm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/guardian_...1055201,00.html

I wouldnt go near this guys, even if it was him paying me £1500 to turn up to his 'shows'

This guy obviously makes a lot of money, but by taking down people's trousers!!

He gets some pretty bad press by the look of it. You only have to Google his name or company and all will be revealed.