Daily Profits/Losses Show and Tell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my "have a cigar" point has been breached, however after I closed my trades I went outside for a cigarette, and I can only imagine what my neighbours must think as I am quite vocal when trading. Hearing someone yell "come on ya bstd, come on you bitch, higher baby higher etc" must be most disconcerting for them, and very cringe worthy on my behalf.

Does anyone else, get sweaty palms, raised heart rate, and very vocal when trading, or is it just me. :whistling

Best
John

Yes. This very morning I had to pretend my computer was playing up to explain the amount of expletives yelled at the screen, and I was UP on the dax.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indices/120172-anyone-scalping-ftse-futures-5805.html#post2452012

You can imagine what happens when it goes against me. :eek:

Yes. This very morning I had to pretend my computer was playing up to explain the amount of expletives yelled at the screen, and I was UP on the dax.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indices/120172-anyone-scalping-ftse-futures-5805.html#post2452012

You can imagine what happens when it goes against me. :eek:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

The start of the day it's apprehension, then that followed by talking in tongues, and the pièce de résistance is foul mouthed ranting. The end of the day when the adrenalin rush has wore off, its normally time for reflection on a job well done.

P.S. I saw the DAX long you took around 08.30 @postman, and I was in at around the same time. You got in at the bottom, and out at the top, a very good trade, well done.

Best
John

Last edited:
A little bit more added to the kitty. (y)

£+DAX(3) 16.12.14 AM+V EARLY AF.png

I am buzzing, to say the least.
:clap::clap:

Best
John.

Aaaaannnnd a little more. (y)

£+DAX 16.12.14 AM-PM.png

I've had a very good run today. I guess it would be wise to call it a day now, as profit protection should be adhered to also.

I've also been putting off some paperwork, and e mails that need my attention, thus I guess I better get on with those.

I sincerely hope you've all had an amazing day also.

Best
John.

Well Done - again John

I can see you have liked the GU more after late morning and making 16 trades in total with only 3 on the Dax before 3 00 pm is very good going.

Have you had a win ratio of over 70% today and in your split as 80% of the money come from say only 3 or 4 trades ??

Keep this going all week and you will be having a great Christmas ;-)))

Regards

Well Done - again John

I can see you have liked the GU more after late morning and making 16 trades in total with only 3 on the Dax before 3 00 pm is very good going.

Have you had a win ratio of over 70% today and in your split as 80% of the money come from say only 3 or 4 trades ??

Keep this going all week and you will be having a great Christmas ;-)))

Regards

Thank you Peter(once again :))

Yes I decided to go back to Cable as that's what my bread, and butter is, the set up is exactly the same, whether it be on whatever instrument, and this was confirmed last night when I placed trades on the DOW, which all romped home.

I only suffered 3 major losses(if you can call them that) today averaging -6 pips, and I had a couple of less than 3 pip ones, but these are just market/sentiment testers.

Win ratio is 69%, but that is including the 2 trades under 3 pips. I hit a couple of home runs on Dax, and one on Cable, but apart from that I usually just aim for circa 20 pips on each trade on a 1 min chart, and the rest of the winners were within the average price of my usual winners, but with tight stops.

Actually I must thank you, as I was away from the computer when I was alerted to your reply, and when I came back, I decided to load up the charts, lo and behold I'm glad I did because I had left an entry order without SL, or target. :eek:

Fork me, that was lucky, because if it had triggered I would have lost a few hundred.

Why did this nearly happen, well when I'm taking screenshots I try to fit all the trades taken on one page, thus the order box gets covered. I only noticed as the entry lines were on the chart. Phew, dodged a bullet there mate.

Christmas will be good regardless, naturally, it has been an amazing year, and this month is still around the same daily average.

Hopefully I am going to blast it harder next year.

I think I'm also going to call time on posting on this thread soon.

I thought it would have had others posting. Plus, as you can appreciate there is a fine line between, motivating someone to show it is being done to sounding braggadocious, and I really do not wish to fall into the latter.

Best
John.

AAAnd just to add a little more DAX, with a twist of DOW.

The DOW, was soo giving yesterday, that I thought I'd trade it a little now. I'm glad I did. I see most people on the FTSE futures thread killing it, so I thought I'd join the party.

£+DAX+DOW 16.12.14 AM-PM.png

All the daily adrenalin is all used up. I know, because placing trades is not giving me that feeling, thus trading is officially closed for today.

I hope you've all killed it too.

Best
John.

why not call one live

Good Afternoon Jeffre,

I would be more than happy to call live, however there "may" be a discrepancy in price from the time I have placed my order to writing it down. Placing the trade, and making money is my number 1 priority.

Also entry point is very fixed by a horizontal line, but £/pip(lot size) has to be worked out accordingly, and the SL moves up, and more times than not my target point moves down(because I focus on monetary gains).

The last trade I was looking at the P&L, not the trade, as soon as it hit a satisfactory target, I pulled out, I don't really care if it's shot 20+ points afterwards, as I have got what was required.

HTH.

Best
John

Hi all i only went live last month thought i would chime in on this thread :)

Been a bad day today had a few big losses.

Attachments

• pg.JPG
    pg.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 169
Hi all i only went live last month thought i would chime in on this thread :)

Been a bad day today had a few big losses.

Can you please write down your entry/exit/SL for your Cable trade, with direction, so I can plot it on a chart, and thus we can discuss that trade.

Best
John

Hi,

They were 2 of 4 bad trades i made monday morning, i made a lot(for me anyway) last week which gave me too much confidence i think.

i've still got loads to learn, i'm just trying to break even for the first year.

Edit: not even sure why i placed the second trade when the first one was losing :s plus i got out as it shot up

Attachments

• badtrades.JPG
    badtrades.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 157
Good Morning All,

Well I must admit I'm really feeling under the weather today with the sniffles.

Alas I still decided to trade.

All I traded this AM was the DAX thinking there may be wild swings up, and down, and it has delivered by the spade full. (y)

From 07.30Hrs there have been 6 swings measuring about 60+ points(1 min chart) from peak to trough, and catching an average of 25 points has not been that difficult, and I have a 100% win ratio this AM(TBH I seldom pay mind to the win ratio, as making a profit is the only goal).

DAX AM 17.12.14.png

I hope you all are having a very profitable day also.

Best
John

Can you please write down your entry/exit/SL for your Cable trade, with direction, so I can plot it on a chart. . .
John,
If you could follow your own advice to Sippinglean - that would be good - as your statements are more redacted than a top secret FBI file!
Tim.

A few more trades, and decided to add EUR/JPY to the repertoire.

I am more than thrilled with the week so far. :clap::clap:

There is a direct correlation between the increased profit, to the increase in trades taken/hours put in.

DAX+£+EJ AM 17.12.14.png

I must admit all I want to do is just trade, but that is coming at the expense of other issues that need my attention to be left to the wayside. I wonder if you can hire a PA on a weekly basis.

Best
John

John,
If you could follow your own advice to Sippinglean - that would be good - as your statements are more redacted than a top secret FBI file!
Tim.

Good Afternoon @timsk,

I hope you are well, and are having a great day trading also.

I would love to follow my own advice, but as you can appreciate, my priority is to make money, thus everything else, including giving in-depth answers to questions will have to wait until I have a free moment.

Also Sippinglean has not followed my instructions as asked.

I asked him to "write down" his Entry/Exit/SL of his Cable trade, and all I got in return was a printout, of 2 trades, and no SL.

Yes you could say I'm being pedantic, but I would disagree, making a profit is all about attention to detail, and if details are skipped when someone asks you a question wanting details, that's no biggie, but try this with the markets, and you will be punished.

I shall ask him for the details asked again, written in the format I've asked so I can plot them easily, maybe I am not cut out to teach anything.

Best
John.

Hi,

They were 2 of 4 bad trades i made monday morning, i made a lot(for me anyway) last week which gave me too much confidence i think.

i've still got loads to learn, i'm just trying to break even for the first year.

Edit: not even sure why i placed the second trade when the first one was losing :s plus i got out as it shot up

Good Afternoon @Sippinglean,

Can you supply me with the details I ask for below for your Cable trade, in the format asked. Thank you.

Date of trade
time frame used
Entry price/time
Exit price/time
SL price
Target price

And a few words about the method you used, and your analysis of what was the reasoning behind the trade.

Best
John

I can't understand why you're blocking out all your entry and exit prices on each trade?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.