Daily Profits/Losses Show and Tell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning John

If its not broke - dont fix it ;-)

You have had a great week by the look of it and must be pleased

Many mornings I think Ok - I could stop now and have a day off etc - and if I am not too well - would do

But normally - I drop my stake sizes and try and learn more etc trading through out the day - but at a more leisurely pace with plenty of breaks for odd domestic jobs and reading papers etc etc

Plus the fact - its Christmas soon - still not done all my shopping

Take it easy and again well done - and its only half way through the week - can you make another £5K + by Friday and take the OH on a nice short holiday break ??

GL

Regards

F

Good Morning Peter(@forexmpospherian),

You are exactly right, no need to fix anything , but to just to forge forward at the same pace, adhering to stringent MM.

I'm really loving trading at the moment, more so than usual.

I've also taken heed of your advice, and reduced stake size, as making money is good, but keeping it, is something that should be a priority also.

I must admit I am in awe of how well you, and others do on this forum, and see you chaps as my source of inspiration.

However one thing that amazes me is the amount of breaks you take. I read through your thread daily, and you seem to take time away from trading to go shopping, answer important calls, school runs etc. I cannot multi task to say the least, and when I trade, I need utter peace, as I get distracted by the smallest of things.

Once again, thank you for your kind words/advice, it is all duly noted. The plan was to head to NY for new years eve, unfortunately OH can't take any annual leave from work over this period.

Best
John

May aswell just carry on and shoot for a 15-20K profit day

Now that would be Fabulous my good man. (y)

Unfortunately those days are few, and far between. The reason being I normally just put in 2-3 hrs a day, hit a satisfactory target, and just leave it at that.

Best
John.

A few more pennies to the good. :cool:

£ 10.12.14 AM(07.12-10.52).png

Now the nagging feeling comes as I'm just shy of the £4k mark. :mad:

Do I cash in, and cash out, or have a sortie in the US session.

Best
John

A few more pennies to the good. :cool:

View attachment 183030

Now the nagging feeling comes as I'm just shy of the £4k mark. :mad:

Do I cash in, and cash out, or have a sortie in the US session.

Best
John
John you need the tennis bug mate.I compete on the courts like you do in the markets.its social day today but the weather is ****e.may go down.just take the profits today and be happy.if you give it back today it may get you down lol.You need an expensive mistress mate:devilish:
giphy.gif

John you need the tennis bug mate.I compete on the courts like you do in the markets.its social day today but the weather is ****e.may go down.just take the profits today and be happy.if you give it back today it may get you down lol.You need an expensive mistress mate:devilish:
giphy.gif

My friends tell me golf is very addictive also, so I've never ever decided to play it.

I have an addictive personality my good man, and If the tennis bug is as bad as the golf bug, I'll definitely be staying away from that too, as I might end up play all day, and night. :LOL:

I really don't want to sound braggadocious, or saintly, as there's no bigger tw@ than me at times, but today was a day I was not going to trade, and decided this morning that I will trade, and give half of todays profits to charity(it's not like I pay any tax on my trading).

I know it's not much to give in the grand scheme of things, but a little bit is better than nothing, and it will keep my inner self happy.

Best
John.

My friends tell me golf is very addictive also, so I've never ever decided to play it.

I have an addictive personality my good man, and If the tennis bug is as bad as the golf bug, I'll definitely be staying away from that too, as I might end up play all day, and night. :LOL:

I really don't want to sound braggadocious, or saintly, as there's no bigger tw@ than me at times, but today was a day I was not going to trade, and decided this morning that I will trade, and give half of todays profits to charity(it's not like I pay any tax on my trading).

I know it's not much to give in the grand scheme of things, but a little bit is better than nothing, and it will keep my inner self happy.

Best
John.
:cool:Just back from the courts.Hands are ice-Ive never played golf but lots of the folks at tennis both male and female play.

:cool:Just back from the courts.Hands are ice-Ive never played golf but lots of the folks at tennis both male and female play.

Hands are ice are they, Good, serves you right, you should have been trading, not chasing tail. Haa Haa (although I know which ones of those I would have preferred doing today). ;)

Actually your lucky you stayed away, as its been a topsy turvey day for me also.

Best
John.

Wow, what a day, what a day.

After the early morning session, my OCD was niggling me to get above the £4k "have a cigar" mark. "It'll be p155 easy to grab the remaining £140 to the £4k mark", I thought. I was feeling a little invincible, and thought every trade would romp home.

I halved my stake, and the next trade got stopped out. Ok I thought, maybe I should go back to full stake sizes, and I did, and the subsequent trades got stopped out also. In hindsight, I did break a few rules, as in not pulling out with a 1:1 R:R, and getting greedy

£ 10.12.14 AM(07.12-12.16).png

Ok, so now I've lost 2/3's of the days profits back to the markets.

What now.

I can either call it a day, still in profit, or fight it out in US session. I've done it successfully before, thus the latter option was chosen.

All distractions dispensed with, music turned up, and coffee avec whiskey by my side.

What a choppy, piece of rubbish the US session was for my trading style.

£ 10.12.14 AM-PM(07.12-15.58).png

I pulled it back into profit, and above the £4k mark. So according to my man maths that took 5hrs to make £140. I don't feel it's worth the agro to feel so drained, the emotional highs, and the lows after such a hard slog.

I'm sure most of you are Zen masters with emotion's befitting Yoda are ice cool under pressure, but not I, today I was at the races, willing the 3 legged nag over the line with words, profanities, and gestures, maybe I should just grab what I can, and call it a day.

Days like today, frankly are not worth the sacrifice.

And I am officially done for the week.

I hope you've all had a profitable day also.

Best
A very drained(and tipsy)John.

Am I addicted to trading. Nah Cable is far to giving at the moment. :cool:
A cheeky one at half time. :whistling

£ 10.12.14 AM-PM(07.12-15.58+20.28-20.39).png

Best
John.

Good Morning All,

I woke up quite early today, and decided to jump right in, why not when the markets are so giving, and entry signals are present.

£ 11.12.14 EARLY AM(06.14-08.37).png

A satisfactory target has been reached, so not sure if I will continue for the rest of the day, as yesterday afternoon was quite a challenge.

Also I need to stop emulating Alex Higgins, i.e. performing better when inebriated. :LOL:

I hope you all have a profitable day today also.

Best
John.

Good Morning All,

I woke up quite early today, and decided to jump right in, why not when the markets are so giving, and entry signals are present.

View attachment 183062

A satisfactory target has been reached, so not sure if I will continue for the rest of the day, as yesterday afternoon was quite a challenge.

Also I need to stop emulating Alex Higgins, i.e. performing better when inebriated. :LOL:

I hope you all have a profitable day today also.

Best
John.
Alex Higgins-You read his books John(y)

Alex Higgins-You read his books John(y)

Good morning Its possible,

No I haven't. Truth be told I didn't even know there was a biography on him, but it shall be added to the list. It's no point asking if it's any good, as you can just imagine the trouble he got into. :LOL:

P.S. So whats on the agenda today mate, more tennis, avec the ladies. :cool:

Best
John

Good morning Its possible,

No I haven't. Truth be told I didn't even know there was a biography on him, but it shall be added to the list. It's no point asking if it's any good, as you can just imagine the trouble he got into. :LOL:

P.S. So whats on the agenda today mate, more tennis, avec the ladies. :cool:

Best
John
No tennis today mate.Son back from uni so going to my dads .
$_3.JPG

Took a few more trades, and ended up losing 1/5 of todays gains. I can live with that.

The main aim is to have a good profitable day, and that was the result, and still to be around circa £2k for the day is not too bad in my eyes.

£ 11.12.14 AM-PM.png

Best
John.

Took a few more trades, and ended up losing 1/5 of todays gains. I can live with that.

The main aim is to have a good profitable day, and that was the result, and still to be around circa £2k for the day is not too bad in my eyes.

View attachment 183096

Best
John.

Well Done John
Another good day:clap:

p.s - I thought you stopped for the week a couple of days ago :)

Well Done John
Another good day:clap:

p.s - I thought you stopped for the week a couple of days ago :)

Thank you for your kind words.

TBH I did trade far too much compared to my usual pace, and it came with pro's and con's.

Pro's being monies earned, and knowing I have the mettle(confidence in a strategy) to work myself out of a hole.

Con's being getting a little too emotional the more tired I get, making mistakes due to lack of concentration, oh and having a few too many drinks. My OH does get a little vexed when we have to take taxi's everywhere as I'm aware of being inebriated, thus unable to drive. :whistling

I gave a little back this PM, as I was waiting for the big break long, which I knew would be coming, unfortunately, its sod's law, that as soon as I got stopped out, and closed up for the day, I come back for a inquisitive sneak peak, and its shot up 30 pips. :mad:

Ah well, such is life.

Well I sincerely hope you've had a good day/week too @nitrader. (y)

Best
John.

Mr. Fox,
As a very experienced options trader, I have made the decision to transition to Forex. It seems simpler and less stressful, as time decay is not an added variable to the equation. Thus, I have lots to learn as far as Forex goes. But so far, I have done well in my practice account, using my option trading methods. Like you, I am also a KISS trader.

I have been reading your posts and following your daily profits. This proof gives me confidence that I can make the change and be profitable. As a full timer, I have never aspired to make ridiculous sums of money - just earn a decent income so I can remain free of corporate drudgery. I am super anxious for your upcoming thread on your method/strategy, as that will provide insight and an excellent point at which to develop my own style.

I hope I can also be a resource to those on this forum, as much as people like yourself have already been to me.

BTW, I'm a short plane ride from Vegas and it's one of my top party destinations. I'll stay tuned to that thread as your plans develop.

All the best!
Scott

Mr. Fox,
As a very experienced options trader, I have made the decision to transition to Forex. It seems simpler and less stressful, as time decay is not an added variable to the equation. Thus, I have lots to learn as far as Forex goes. But so far, I have done well in my practice account, using my option trading methods. Like you, I am also a KISS trader.

I have been reading your posts and following your daily profits. This proof gives me confidence that I can make the change and be profitable. As a full timer, I have never aspired to make ridiculous sums of money - just earn a decent income so I can remain free of corporate drudgery. I am super anxious for your upcoming thread on your method/strategy, as that will provide insight and an excellent point at which to develop my own style.

I hope I can also be a resource to those on this forum, as much as people like yourself have already been to me.

BTW, I'm a short plane ride from Vegas and it's one of my top party destinations. I'll stay tuned to that thread as your plans develop.

All the best!
Scott

Good Morning Scott,

It may sound like a cliché, but with hard work, most things can be accomplished, and I pray your transition to forex is most fruitful for you.

As for it being simpler, well from my point of view it was hard for me at the start, as I had no direction, or guidance.

What most people don't see, is the times I spent cursing, even on my knees crying, the chest pains with anxiety, the vomiting after a crap trade, the many hours spent learning, and not to sound overly negative, there were a few times I won big, and was higher than high.

Yet it all came down to perseverance, and tenacity to "try" and master the markets. I still feel I have a lot to learn, and the markets are quick to exploit my mistakes.

If I can help others to avoid the above with a concise thread, then why not. the markets have been good to me, so giving a little back, is no problem.

I know I am a very flawed individual, flaws I promise myself I will correct when I'm wrong, and flaws I dismiss with utter arrogance when I'm right.

Just last night I was feeling quite anxious, scared in case something bad happens, the thought was quickly dismissed, yet even the trade this Am was full of apprehension, but most emotions are controlled from entering peaks on both sides.

As for Demo accounts, they are only good to practice a strategy/back test, and nothing more. Once you have it mastered, jump in live right away, with smaller stakes, and as your confidence grows, then increase size.

I am glad this thread motivates you, but I am sure there are more profitable, and less flawed traders that grace this forum that you could learn even more from, and I will add a little more info for you in the next post.

If you can make Vegas when I'm there it will be good to meet you. there's nothing I like better than to talk trading, whether with a professional or novice.

Best
John

Status
Not open for further replies.