Daily Profits/Losses Show and Tell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I'm all done for the day, made a few schoolboy errors along the way, however I feel I have reached a satisfactory target.

I don't know why, but today felt like a struggle. Maybe I need to take my amoxicillin, have a drink, and a cigarette.

£ 4.12.14 AM-PM.png

I hope you've all had a profitable day trading also.

Best
John

Reactions: NVP
Good Afternoon Fugazsy,

I would love to do this, and will start a new thread explaining everything with clear charts/entries/projected exits, as the system is quite easy to understand, and more importantly, easy to apply.

If an ignoramus like me can pick it up, then others can do so quite easily. Even an absolute novice can pick it up within a minimum of a month. I feel it would be good to give a little back, for all the help I have received.

Entry is defined by one simple rule(a rule I still seem to break often, due to impatience :rolleyes:), and exits are defined quite easily also(again my impatience to pull out early costs me with a lower profit (n)).

If I do decide to do this it will be in the new year sometime, as time is a commodity I do not have in abundance at the moment, also I will state that, I will be doing this free of charge, without asking for anything in return, and I do not take any responsibility for how others interpret my views, good or bad.

Best
John.

John

Looking forward to it.

One thing if you do not mind, what is your average SL/TP in term of pips. Thanks.

Fzsy

Good Morning All,

I normally do not trade Mondays, or Fridays, as that's when my OH, and I head away for a long weekends, but this week we've been at home, and I've been very ill.

Actually it has been a refreshing change to put in a whole week, One could even say very avant-garde for me.

I guess for me, what it boils down to is, as long as you have a consistently highly profitable system, confidence in your profitable system, and more importantly, confidence in yourself to consistently stick to the rules, then it matters not if you have losing trades here and there, as statistics prove obviously, a losing day has not been seen for a very long time.

Well it's been another profitable day trading, although my target was not hit, on what I had hoped to achieve for the week, thus I "may" trade a little more late afternoon.

£ 5.12.14 08.30-10.10.png

I hope you've all had a great day/week trading too.

Best
John.

Get well soon

Good Morning All,

I normally do not trade Mondays, or Fridays, as that's when my OH, and I head away for a long weekends, but this week we've been at home, and I've been very ill.

Actually it has been a refreshing change to put in a whole week, One could even say very avant-garde for me.

I guess for me, what it boils down to is, as long as you have a consistently highly profitable system, confidence in your profitable system, and more importantly, confidence in yourself to consistently stick to the rules, then it matters not if you have losing trades here and there, as statistics prove obviously, a losing day has not been seen for a very long time.

Well it's been another profitable day trading, although my target was not hit, on what I had hoped to achieve for the week, thus I "may" trade a little more late afternoon.

View attachment 182874

I hope you've all had a great day/week trading too.

Best
John.

I trust your health has improved now ;)

I trust your health has improved now ;)

Hello mate, Thank you for your well wishes.

I'm still on deaths door according to me, but I seem to be told I'm being an over reacting baby, what do women know eh. :rolleyes:

Health hasn't improved, but the kitty has. (y)(y)

£ 5.12.14 AM+NFP.png

Best
John

I'm still on deaths door according to me, but I seem to be told I'm being an over reacting baby, what do women know eh.
:LOL:
Women indeed John - hope you get well soon.

John - the OP invited others to post and you've more than risen to the challenge, making the thread your own. If you plan on continuing (and I'm sure I speak for many when I say I hope you will), would you like me to hive off your posts and create a bespoke thread all of your own?
Tim.

excellent thread.........anything that shows the pips or points is even more welcome for everyone viewing ..........seeing the greenstuff is great but understanding whats being made is even better

N

excellent thread.........anything that shows the pips or points is even more welcome for everyone viewing ..........seeing the greenstuff is great but understanding whats being made is even better

N

Good Evening NVP,

I hope you are well, and have had a great day trading.

IMHO showing what is made is quite irrelevant I agree, and only serves a purpose of showing that, it can be done on a consistent basis, and hopefully seen as an inspiration to others, and nothing more.

I'm sure there are far more consistent, and more profitable traders that grace these boards than I, who like to stay under the veil of anonymity, and again this is their prerogative.

As for pips, well that is irrelevant also(to my trading system), and the main reason for this is because, every trade is taken on its own merit, and the £/pip varies from trade to trade, as the most important aspect of the trade is identifying your percentage risk, the probability of each individual trade, the positive expectancy etc etc, and working from there.

For eg. one trade may have a 1:1 R:R, and the pips risked are 20, yet another trade could have a 1:1 R:R, and the pips risked is 40, so 60 pips over 2 trades may look impressive, yet the returns are the same, however the <20 pip trades may have a higher positive expectancy, thus those would be the ones to aim for, and the rest ignored. I hope this makes sense.

The only true way of knowing of how one trades, is by knowing exactly what one does, how one does it, and why one does it, and without this information again IMHO everything else is irrelevant.

I was going to post some charts from today showing the entry/exit/SL information clearly identified, but decided against this, so I do not clog this thread with information that is not relevant to the original topic, however in the new year I will start a new topic(time permitting, and after considering other factors) outlining the whole trading system from start to finish in an easy to understand format, with nothing asked for in return, monetary wise, or anything else.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

Best
John.

:LOL:
Women indeed John - hope you get well soon.

John - the OP invited others to post and you've more than risen to the challenge, making the thread your own. If you plan on continuing (and I'm sure I speak for many when I say I hope you will), would you like me to hive off your posts and create a bespoke thread all of your own?
Tim.

Agreed(y)

Good Morning All,

Now didn't I say I don't normally trade Mondays, well I wish I had stuck to that 'kin rule, as I'm having a nightmare of an AM, and TBH I've never had an AM as bad as this for a very long time, and psychologically I'm all over the place. Time for a deep breathe, and cigarette(or three).

From the trades taken, one was in profit, but I needed a dump, thus got stopped out, one was in profit, but I got greedy and got stopped out, the other losses were ones that come along that can't be helped.

It may be hard to believe but naturally, I have not had a losing day in absolutely ages.

Christmas shopping with OH today is officially cancelled, as is our lunch date, nope I've been reliably informed that lunch date can be cancelled, but shopping can not. Talk about stress compounding on a cr@ppy day.

£ 8.12.14 AM.png

I sincerely feel like quitting, and calling it a day, however the voice of reason in my head says carry on, as the solution is to trust the strategy, as back testing has proved good trades shall come if rules are adhered to, and the US session hasn't even started yet.

"Quitters never win, and winners never quit"

See you in the afternoon session.

Best
John

Good Morning All,

Now didn't I say I don't normally trade Mondays, well I wish I had stuck to that 'kin rule, as I'm having a nightmare of an AM, and TBH I've never had an AM as bad as this for a very long time, and psychologically I'm all over the place. Time for a deep breathe, and cigarette(or three).

From the trades taken, one was in profit, but I needed a dump, thus got stopped out, one was in profit, but I got greedy and got stopped out, the other losses were ones that come along that can't be helped.

It may be hard to believe but naturally, I have not had a losing day in absolutely ages.

Christmas shopping with OH today is officially cancelled, as is our lunch date, nope I've been reliably informed that lunch date can be cancelled, but shopping can not. Talk about stress compounding on a cr@ppy day.

View attachment 182944

I sincerely feel like quitting, and calling it a day, however the voice of reason in my head says carry on, as the solution is to trust the strategy, as back testing has proved good trades shall come if rules are adhered to, and the US session hasn't even started yet.

"Quitters never win, and winners never quit"

See you in the afternoon session.

Best
John
Unlucky mate:mad:.I would suggest going shopping and buying your OH something nice:love:.Sod the markets:mad:.

Unlucky mate:mad:.I would suggest going shopping and buying your OH something nice:love:.Sod the markets:mad:.

Everyone says she gets spoilt rotten mate, and I'm making a concerted effort as I haven't told her about my summer Vegas trip yet. :whistling

I would love to say "sod the markets" on todays performance, but Cables been so giving today(circa 90 pips from the 07.49 bar), and I should have made a killing. I'm not going to say I wish this, or hope that, but I'm just going to take it one trade at a time, and if a trade comes along that adheres to all my set parameters, then I will take it.

Is it precipitous to continue, maybe, is it revenge trading, maybe, but sometimes it's better to give it your best shot, and let the chips fall where they may, at least I will have satisfied my inner voice of reason that I gave it my best shot, regardless of winning, losing or drawing(although probability states the odds are firmly in my favour ;))

Best
John.

Hi John

Sorry to hear about a bad morning. I thought GU had been great after 8 OO am but if its any help - this is how I see it for US session

We have interim topped around 5732 area

For me above 5700 /05 wanting to scalp buy again - and if this bounce is small would sell again down to 5670-80 area - and then scalp buy again

I would only be holding sells on under 5670 - as I see still a bullish price session structure for this afternoon - whilst above 5685 / 95 and 5700 +

I have not got a clue it it would fit in with your 1 min set up but for now its still a scalp sell under 5724 and then you know now where I plan to buy

If you see something really different on your set up - either be very cautious etc and dont get revenge trading etc etc

I reckon between now and 5 00 pm - a good 3 or 4 trades will soon turn that around

Stay Focused and Good Luck

Regards

F

Today has really been a testing day to say the least, and I am really feeling drained.

Looking back in hindsight at today, today's the type of days one wishes for, and if I could have a day, everyday, then it would be a peachy moving day like today, however my execution, and especially this false notion I held today of "the markets shall do as I believe", failed to make me see the bigger picture, and more importantly the trending upward market.

I really had to dance for my dinner today, and having a splosh of whiskey in every cup of coffee(to aid with my flu symptoms of course/what a waste of a good single malt), I feel slightly merry. :drunk:

On a slightly more positive note, I have managed to pull it back into the black, albeit with a smaller than anticipated profit, and I am definitely calling it a day.

£ 8.12.14 AM-PM.png

I hope you've all had a profitable day also.

Best
John.

Today has really been a testing day to say the least, and I am really feeling drained.

Looking back in hindsight at today, today's the type of days one wishes for, and if I could have a day, everyday, then it would be a peachy moving day like today, however my execution, and especially this false notion I held today of "the markets shall do as I believe", failed to make me see the bigger picture, and more importantly the trending upward market.

I really had to dance for my dinner today, and having a splosh of whiskey in every cup of coffee(to aid with my flu symptoms of course/what a waste of a good single malt), I feel slightly merry. :drunk:

On a slightly more positive note, I have managed to pull it back into the black, albeit with a smaller than anticipated profit, and I am definitely calling it a day.

View attachment 182956

I hope you've all had a profitable day also.

Best
John.

Well Done

Thats the sign of having confidence in your system and knowing there was enough time left in the day to turn things around.

From after 3 00 pm and this last half half hour its been another scalp buy touching 5640 again - but for some reason - it still cannot get above it - you could say a triple top over last 90 mins down .

I don't blame you stopping whilst in the black - play safe - especially when not at 100%

For me now GU in a range of say 45 down to 15 - say 30 pips and we need either price to be breached for next clues and in between it back to just scalping for me

Regards

F

Well Done

Thats the sign of having confidence in your system and knowing there was enough time left in the day to turn things around.

From after 3 00 pm and this last half half hour its been another scalp buy touching 5640 again - but for some reason - it still cannot get above it - you could say a triple top over last 90 mins down .

I don't blame you stopping whilst in the black - play safe - especially when not at 100%

For me now GU in a range of say 45 down to 15 - say 30 pips and we need either price to be breached for next clues and in between it back to just scalping for me

Regards

F

Thank you for your kind words Peter, and I totally agree with you, that sometimes having an extra session to joust in means you leave yourself a probable chance of pulling it back. If it was around 15.00 when my losses occurred, then I would have definitely left it till the next day. Having a losing day is not the end of the world I suppose, but not giving it your best shot is.

I just thought "Trust the system, and just going to go for it".

I must admit I didn't really have a good look at your earlier post, and was going to reply at the end of my trading, the reason being, we all have our own profitable ways, and without knowing how your system fully works, and me not using indicators I didn't want to muddle my entry set up by looking at your entries, if that makes sense.

That does not mean I don't look through your thread once my trading is finished, as we never know what little gems we can learn from each other. I just switched off my phone, turned the music up, and wanted to wholly concentrate on the task at hand.

It has been a scalpers paradise today, and I assume you made a killing today. (y)

Best
John.

First day going live yesterday, have been placing very small trades. Overall i am at a £30 loss, could be worse I suppose. Today I am hoping for a better day.

Status
Not open for further replies.