I'll Show You Mine If You.....

nkruger said:
What a boring afternoon - the only thing I could see was a 'PDC Trade' starting up (as there's no real big economic news at 1.30pm GMT) so I was in at 12270 at 3.30 ish with a long trade - with the expectation of a return to or close to last night's close....

Nick

Boring afternoon - haha - my ar*e. Closed off at 12421. Funny old world - one day you're scrabbling aound for 5 pips, the next......... Good old FOMC.

NYSE and NASDAQ

Want clue no. 1 to my holy grail?

Clue number 1.

What is complicated is usually wrong...

MainWallStreet

NYSE and NASDAQ

Want clue no. 1 to my holy grail?

Clue number 1.

What is complicated is usually wrong...

MainWallStreet

I'm intrigued, Are you saying that all the indicators I am using (ADX, MACD, EMA's, Stochastics & Boll Bands) are un-necessary, or are you advocating looking for something very simple in an intra-day chart ?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I also trade the Dow (not the Nasdaq) and also the German DAX.

Nick

Trading System

Being a relative newbie to the trading game I totally agree with you guys...The easier the better, the more complicated the more you are going to lose.

I have been round the block a few times using different indicators, combinations of indicators. I personally think that whilst one or two maybe useful, you use a whole hatful you are getting contradictory messages all over the place.

Just my opinion of course, but I am pretty sure the majority of people making bigger money on these boards keep it simple.

you bet we keep it simple :)

But you've gotta EARN your holy grail, or steal it :)

MainWallStreet

Damn straight about earning it...Nowhere near becoming an "expert" but can turn a reasonable profit. The hard work...blood, sweat and tears it has taken me, going through all kinds of indicators etc etc...only for a light in my head to go on and break it right back to basics...and it bloody well works !

hmm, I wish I could have gotten my grail earlier, but yeah, i wouldn't be the trader I am now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have tried this system, it doesnt work, i lost loads of money. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, its strange how so many systems work for years in the past, but during future runs and forward tests breakdown. Be wary.

I have tried this system, it doesnt work, i lost loads of money. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, its strange how so many systems work for years in the past, but during future runs and forward tests breakdown. Be wary.

Must admit, I dont use this system any more as I've stopped trading the Dow. I wanted to cut down my working hours ( I only trade between 8am and 1.30pm now, afternoons off or development work/reading)

As previous posters have stated, I have a very simple system using tweeked MACD's and STOCHS with WMA's and Para SAR and only taking trades if there is divergence present in one of the oscillators. It works ok on the footy but not the Dow, although some of my afternoons are taken up trying to sort this out.

R3/R4 system

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I am very impressed with what I have read so far. Is anyone familiar with the R3/R4 trading system. I know it is somehow derived from the R2 in which you take long positions when the 2 period RSI fall 3 days in a row and the first falling day it is below 65. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

bslater

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I am very impressed with what I have read so far. Is anyone familiar with the R3/R4 trading system. I know it is somehow derived from the R2 in which you take long positions when the 2 period RSI fall 3 days in a row and the first falling day it is below 65. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

bslater

Glad you're impressed ~ there's lot more reading in here for you ~ months and months if you want......

Where have you seen this system promoted ?

At tradingmarkets.com. I have also read about it on other forums. I am familiar with R2 system but I can't find the rules to R3 / R4. The rules may be the same just use the 3 and 4 period RSI. Any clues? Thanks

How about scaling this strategy up onto a weekly timeframe, if Dow is up more than 50% of previous 5 day range this means it unlikely to close lower on the 5 day basis.

SD

anyone know where I get currency daily HLC data.

Hi Walker 782000, i dont use it just wondered if it was ....

hows that strategy going suddendeath?

...a valid strategy, I know that Larry Williams in his book Long Term Secrets to Short Term Trading uses something similar; I think he called it a volatility cushion.

anyone know where I can get HLC eod data for currencies(yes i know they trade 24hrs day)

Hi Traders
I have a system that makes about 1000.00 a week day trading . It is not a scalp system , more of a long term day trading method . It does not give a signal every day but when it does the chance of it being a winning signal is about 85%. It trades 5 minute bars using only 1 contract . In the last 2 week period it had 11 wins and 2 losses. I make about 50,000.00 a year trading it. I would be interested in trading ideas with other traders who trully have a good system also.other words I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
Sincerely
Tom