Free, Simple Index Trading System - Many Pips Per Day

Hey whats happening with this system? Are you retired in the bahamas already!

Semi ~retired..... :cool: just trade in the mornings !!

Have moved on a bit and developed another system using divergence (stochs & macs) on the footy and have found I can get my daily pip target by 1pm (usually)

Nick

Semi ~retired..... :cool: just trade in the mornings !!

Have moved on a bit and developed another system using divergence (stochs & macs) on the footy and have found I can get my daily pip target by 1pm (usually)

Nick

Good for you !! Must say this system is amazingly simple and does appear to work. Wins vary in size but have glanced and it appears you are usually guaranteed 10 points from it. Just set a market order to sell/buy above below these levels and just wait. Like the divergence strat too !!

I have tried this system, it doesnt work, i lost loads of money. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, its strange how so many systems work for years in the past, but during future runs and forward tests breakdown. Be wary.

A FREE SIMPLE INDEX TRADING SYSTEM FOR THE DOW, DAX AND FTSE USING SPREADBETTING

I have detailed part of this system on these boards before (Dow 0.35% Strategy) and I use it together with a simple strat on the Dax ( Go long if it reaches and goes above yesterday's high and go short if it goes through the previous day's low )

Today, they have both worked exceedingly well, ( over 90 pips so far ) so I thought I'd look back at the same system for the footsie - and for the last month, there was pips to be earnt most days.

So there you are - give it a try. And for all you newbies, this is a simple system that you can get going with - without paying lots of wonga to those Snake Oil Sellers !!

I have tried this and it doesnt work, i have lost so much money trying this system, I wouldn't waste time on something like this.

I have tried this and it doesnt work, i have lost so much money trying this system, I wouldn't waste time on something like this.

Funny that, it worked ok for me for all the time I used it. Some losing days, but overall a profitable strategy.

Just looked at this morning's Dow (which I don't trade) and yesterday's low is providing a very nice support from which to trade off (together with a bit of divergence in the MACD & Stochs) Don't forget to use pivots as well ~ and also 'big numbers' ie: 12500, 12600 etc.

What strat do you use walker 782000 ?

I use MACD and divergences just like you, i also am using foolproof earlybird system which has an 80% success rate. so far its been profitable over several months. Do you use your spreadbetting company's charts for your system or independant ones?

I use MACD and divergences just like you, i also am using foolproof earlybird system which has an 80% success rate. so far its been profitable over several months. Do you use your spreadbetting company's charts for your system or independant ones?

Good luck with your 'earlybird foolproof' strategy. Is that a commercially bought system ?

I do use the SB company charts solely. The CMC MarketMaker platform is good (and you can go up to their offices and have an afternoon of tutoring ) but IG Advance charts are the best (for me at least)

I do trade with Capital Spreads, Finspreads and World Spreads but their charts are useless.

What do you trade ?

I know of a trader whose much older than me and more experienced, he said that once a system becomes too popular it stops working, perhaps too many people tried using the Dow 0.35% system and it became too well known or popular and it just got arbitraged?
Do you think it could have been arbitraged? My personal experience is when a system becomes too popular or too well known, for some strange reason it just stops working. About a decade ago there was a fault with BT payphones, you could put ur money in the box, after your call dial something like 9471. and you would get a full refund of coins after making a nice lengthy call, several months later everyone caught on, and there were queues of foreigners outside phone boxes waiting to phone home for free. Then a few months later and BT repaired the fault- rendering the system useless for getting a freebie. When everyones doing it, it stops working.

yes foolproof earlybird trading system is a commercial system, i obviously cant post links but if you look it up on yahoo, there are results for its performance, quite mindblowingly good to be honest.

I know of a trader whose much older than me and more experienced, he said that once a system becomes too popular it stops working, perhaps too many people tried using the Dow 0.35% system and it became too well known or popular and it just got arbitraged?
Do you think it could have been arbitraged? My personal experience is when a system becomes too popular or too well known, for some strange reason it just stops working. About a decade ago there was a fault with BT payphones, you could put ur money in the box, after your call dial something like 9471. and you would get a full refund of coins after making a nice lengthy call, several months later everyone caught on, and there were queues of foreigners outside phone boxes waiting to phone home for free. Then a few months later and BT repaired the fault- rendering the system useless for getting a freebie. When everyones doing it, it stops working.

Not sure it's stopped working. I'll have a look this afternoon.

NK

Looking at my IG Dow 2 min charts, I can draw a support line at 12459 (just above yesterday's low of 12449) which it then broke through at 13:34 and fell to 12415. If you had entered at 12449 or thereabouts you would/should have got 20 odd pips I would have thought. It then shot up to that 12459 level again and back down through 12449.

Seems ok to me.

I use data from yahoo to determine the high low open and close, on yahoos data the low was 12397, but you say it was something around 12449? im confused a bit, are you using charting data to determine the low yesterday?

I would prefer to develop my own strategy using stochastics and MACD, because that way at least you dont rely on someone elses system, as I do with earlybird. Im still trying to find a good configuration for it though.

I use data from yahoo to determine the high low open and close, on yahoos data the low was 12397, but you say it was something around 12449? im confused a bit, are you using charting data to determine the low yesterday?

I use eoddata.com for my daily figures.

Looking at yesterday's Dow chart on IG, that shows a low of 12449 as well ( at 14:35 )

I would prefer to develop my own strategy using stochastics and MACD, because that way at least you dont rely on someone elses system, as I do with earlybird. Im still trying to find a good configuration for it though.

Good idea.

MAC's and Stochs are a good starting point ~ especially the divergence bit.

Keep at it ~ it took me nearly a year.

NK

PS. Haven't traded the Dow for ages, but as I was looking at it for the above post I saw an obvious short, so I nicked 18 pips. :cool:

yes different end of day sites give same figure as yours for end of day and intra day highs an lows, Yahoo data seems to actually be garbage.
My friend whose an experienced trader keeps going on about arbitrage and how popular and well known systems become arbitraged, do you know what this is?

i cant go back to yesterdays low on the IG charts, do you think the yahoo end of day data is erroneous?

Just had a goosey at Yahoo prices going back a couple of days ~ they bear no relationship to the market prices at all.

Eoddata seem to agree with IG and CMC.

I'd stop using Yahoo, if I was you. I think their main business is internet service provider/email.

yes different end of day sites give same figure as yours for end of day and intra day highs an lows, Yahoo data seems to actually be garbage.
My friend whose an experienced trader keeps going on about arbitrage and how popular and well known systems become arbitraged, do you know what this is?

No.

Your friend should be able to get you up to speed, if that's way you want to go.