Cricket World

Hook Shot said:
I'm trying to find some positives to take from this current "turmoil".........
As traders we know these things move in cycles :cheesy:
One day England will be good again.......
Hope springs eternal ........... :)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

We won today, having lured an over-confident and cocky Australian side into a trap by deliberately losing The Ashes 5-0 and most of our one- day matches.

Having bowled Australia out for 252 we deliberately lost 3 early wickets before trouncing them with a plentiful 3 balls to spare.

Tha's my take on it anyway. :LOL: :D ;)

yacarob1 said:
Are we all ready for the World Cup then ?

Sorry yaca forgot to reply at the time but looks like the home team is off to a flyer although didn't think 241 would be enough... Don't know what Pak are up to .... sadly the big guns Inzi and MY couldn't go on - they would have made a game of it....
Mustn't count chickens.....though but this looks like the result the organisers would have wanted ... no insinuations .... :cheesy: since Windies have been good in One Day cup games of late...

HS

Nice result for Ireland but not so nice for England.

I am talking cricket here, not Rugby Union.

Seems like Pakistan are going to get a pretty hostile reception on their return home.

Last edited:
Current betting as follows :-

Australia 7/4
South Africa 4/1
Sri Lanka 6/1
New Zealand 13/2
West Indies 13/2
England 12/1
India 12/1
Bangladesh 33/1
Ireland 100/1
Kenya 500/1
Zimbabwe 500/1
Canada 1000/1
Bermuda 1000/1
Scotland 1000/1
Holland 1000/1

India a good bet at 12/1 and maybe West Indies at 13/2.

Don't waste money on England, they have no chance.

Seems like Pakistan are going to get a pretty hostile recetion on their return home.
Master of the undersatement................ :cheesy:

Well done Ireland....... can't help thinking this might be another one of those bookmaker scandals... but who knows the great PAK do tend to be a bit iffy on occasion. :LOL:

I'll take India 12/1

Hot off the BBC News.....

Andrew Flintoff has been dropped by England as they take on Canada in a must-win World Cup match in group C.
He was omitted for breaching discipline rules after allegedly leading others in a late-night drinking session.

A lousy leader of a cricket team but a superb leader of a drinking team.

He just won't learn will he ????

yacarob1 said:
Hot off the BBC News.....

Andrew Flintoff has been dropped by England as they take on Canada in a must-win World Cup match in group C.
He was omitted for breaching discipline rules after allegedly leading others in a late-night drinking session.

A lousy leader of a cricket team but a superb leader of a drinking team.

He just won't learn will he ????

Even hotter......
Sacked as Vice-Captain...as you will now know..

I think he needs time out...... he's on the verge of losing his way..... poor lad.
Not really sure he enjoys playing the game right now.... just a feeling.

Time out get his hunger back and lets see the best of him.

Having won the Ashes I found it totally tasteless for Flintoff and co to be bragging about how drunk they were at 10 Downing Street and the Palace.

I also recall Flintoff being interviewed on the pitch in Germany just before kick off at one of England's World Cup matches in the summer. The guy was unashamedly drunk.

The above comments are from my post # 33 on this thread.

Whenever I think of Flintoff these days my mind drifts back to that summer afternoon in Germany and I can't help thinking that Flintoff has probably ( nay, certainly ) got a serious drinking problem.

Maybe they should have sacked him from the team and sent him home as a really harsh lesson.

After all we are not going to win this World Cup so it wouldn't make much difference anyway.

Bob Woolmer - v. sad ..... but also feels a tiny bit strange !!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You're a hard man yacarob1............ but not unfair.
I believe he does have "a problem" and the amber nectar is just part of it probably...
I've seen him compared to Gazza on the net today ........ a touch premature perhaps but it could go that way.
Where do you go when you've tasted the highs at such a young age .... and things start going pear-shaped.

Hopefully, he can rely on good advice from those who can connect with him or the story could become quite tragic.... the warning signs are there as you've identified. Lets hope he can sort it out.

Perhaps Botham can help ?

Yes, very sad about Bob Woolmer.
I remember him playing for England and he was an excellent player.

Ian Botham was a serial p**shead and dope smoker as far as I can remember.

But I honestly think he was / is more intelligent than Flintoff, better educated almost certainly and he was just a "lad" in the extreme.

It seems to run deeper with Flintoff - this guy gives me the impression he is a Gazza in the making.

I never had that feeling with Botham - it was as if he knew exactly what he was doing, knew how far he could go etc.

But Flintoff ?

I am not sure he is in control of himself.

Why strange HookShot ?

Do you see suspicious circumstances possibly linked to the demise of the Pakistan cricket team ?

I must admit, it would not surprise me.

I note from the BBC News that Bob Woolmer's death is being treated as suspicious by the Jamaican authorities.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

At the time of the newsflash I said - A tiny bit strange .......................................!!!

Subsequently the full horror of the event is pouring out.....

blood, vomit and other unpleasant bodily substances.........broken neck
Terrible...absolutely terrible...

The expose rumoured to be in the making about match-fixing doesn't make sense .... although I can see why someone might want to gag him it they believed this rumour. I say doesn't make sense because a books like that was bound to put people' noses out of joint and invite revenge. Why would you want to write such a book given the risks ?

A crazed fan .....not likely.......

Maybe some were worried about the possibility that he might think the flukey result against Ireland was not "just one of those things".....

The police have now launched a murder investigation and are now saying that the cause of death was asphyxia caused by manual strangulation.

This is a very sad, sorrry and probably nasty affair.

I have suddenly lost interest in the cricket World Cup.

Maybe the whole thing should be abandoned now out of respect for this poor man.

Last edited:
yacarob1 said:
The police have now launched a murder investigation and are now saying that the cause of death was asphyxia caused by manual strangulation.

This is a very sad, sorrry and probably nasty affair.

I have suddenly lost interest in the cricket World Cup.

Maybe the whole thing should be abandoned now out of respect for this poor man.

Ditto ...