Cricket World

England

Pippppn I have backed the draw since the toss and everything went well until Strauss played his horror shot last night. He is the first player so far not to reach double figures.:(

Cricket is certainly not attracting much interest amongst T2W members!

Not surprising - the ECB's half-arsed decision to award four tests to the woeful Windies, and only 3 tests to a much more talented India was, as I say, half-arsed. The first test was decided by the weather. In what is effectively a two test series the Indians are batting England out of the "series" as I type.

With the tedium of 7 one-day internationals to come, most of which will probably be fixed by Asian betting rings, it is all eyes on the Premiership from tomorrow.....

Who's touring in 2008? Who cares!

The lack of interest in a great game must also be attributed to the half-arsed performance of the England team since winning the Ashes a couple of years ago.

Flintoff's drinking performance hasn't been half-arsed though. He has excelled in that department at the expense of his performance on the pitch.

The lack of interest in a great game must also be attributed to the half-arsed performance of the England team since winning the Ashes a couple of years ago.

Flintoff's drinking performance hasn't been half-arsed though. He has excelled in that department at the expense of his performance on the pitch.

You back on that old hobby horse..... :LOL:

Lack of interest probly down to few postings.... looks like no-one wanted to be first..and risk a poor response. I oftne wanted to post something about betting on runs but ..... bottled out .... there nice set up for you to crucify Mr Flintoff once more :cheesy:

Lack of interest probly down to few postings.... looks like no-one wanted to be first..and risk a poor response. I oftne wanted to post something about betting on runs but ..... bottled out .... there nice set up for you to crucify Mr Flintoff once more

Who gives a toss about the response.......take all the garbage on here with a very large pinch of salt.

Just trying to stir up deadwood with a bit of controversy.

Really funny isn't it Hooky ?

I'm cracking up too......chortle, snort, guffaw.

Think I'll do a Flintoff today instead of trading. Don't know whether my local supermarket stocks enough booze though.

Anyone for cricket ?

England are the true Mickey Mouse team in the Mickey Mouse World Cup of 20/20 cricket.

They seem to have made "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory" an art form and have become incredibly adept at total ineptitude.

I must admit that I am warming to this form of cricket now.

The India v England and India v South Africa games were great entertainment and very exciting.

Never mind if it's a meaningless MM tournament, it's great fun.

.....India has got a very young team in this tournament and are growing in stature by day.....

....Their performance against ENG and SA was worthy of credit.....All thanks to Flintoof for firing up Yuvraj....rest is history.....

....Of all the teams it is AUS, ENG and SA who constanly yak away while playing to wind up oppsition...!!...Hasen't worked this time though...!

...SAT games should be fun.........Pakistan is also in good form so it will be great if IND and PAK meet in finals.....

......Well India Pakistan was a thriller and great viewing......

....Both deserved to win and Pakistan to their credit played with great spirit, but India had an early wicket edge....

...More of this Twenty20 as it brings out real cricketer's spirit....

More of this Twenty20 as it brings out real cricketer's spirit

I couldn't agree more.

I was very sceptical before the tournament but as the whole thing progressed I got totally wrapped up in it and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The powers that be seem to have found a formula which makes cricket both interesting and entertaining.

England seem to have got into the groove quickly in Sri Lanka.

Or should I call it a rut ?

81 all out today.

2 days to go and needing 416 to avoid an innings defeat.

If there is one positive to be taken out of this seemingly dire situation, it is that England are rather experienced at being in this kind of mess.

This makes you embarrassed to be an England fan.
Cricket and football failures. Spineless prima donnas who only know how to party and whose greatest triumph is to avoid defeat.

Maybe we should re-invent cricket as an indoor pub game.

Undoubtedly we would then be world champions.

To the tune of Leonard Cohen's Suzanne.................
They give you tea and googlies that come all the way from China
So long,
Cey lon,
It's time to be gon

Oh sod it, what's the point, we can't play any bloody game and win, even the ones we invent.
And as for our Navy, gawd, wimps who cry when they lose their ipods.
Mr Bean = Gordon Brown = UK 2008

Sad to see that Adam Gilchrist is retiring.

He was a major reason for Australia's greatness over the past several years, him and about 10 others.

A great cricketer and a great entertainer..........the world of cricket will be a poorer place without him.