Best Thread Capital Spreads

Does anyone elses "portfolio" section seemed to have stopped working ? Mine seems to gave stopped working in the last few days and I'm unable to add favourite markets to it ? I've mailed support, they might be able to sort it.

Started today for me. It has happened in the past but they normally fix it pretty quickly.

is there any reason why there's a hidden icon in your message that goes to

he is an affiliate fraudster, the image he is using fraudulently gets him paid if you happen to buy a product online that matches the affiliation.

eg if the affiliation is for let's say amazon and you go buy a book from amazon at any time then he gets paid as there's been a cookie planted on your pc. we used to be able to see the affiliation and it was usually either groupon or amazon, now they've gone to https the affiliation can't be seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
So now I have a cookie on my pc that pays him if I buy something? What happens if I clear the cookies from my browser?

So now I have a cookie on my pc that pays him if I buy something? What happens if I clear the cookies from my browser?

i'd assume that'd be the end of it. until you come back to the boards and view another post. it needn't be a smilie, in the past they have hidden this scam within the post in a full stop or between words within a very tiny image. a quick search suggests at least 70 threads need cleaning asap.

Which posts? All i'm seeing is smilies linked to a different site which provides them for free. Perhaps something to do with the device he's using?

Which posts? All i'm seeing is smilies linked to a different site which provides them for free. Perhaps something to do with the device he's using?

there's an older discussion somewhere where it's proven that the site that provides these links are implicated and up to no good. it can't be proved now as they are running it as secure https to better hide what they're up to.

just pull every post and quote on the boards that contain the words imagicon.info and thereafter not allow any outside sourced smilies. keep an eye out for red x's in posts also and remove

if you don't wish to delete, then replace their image with a t2w smilie.

Captical CFDs Aus is going to close. I got this email,

"As you are aware, our Head Office in London has taken the decision to close Capital CFDs.

At midnight AEST on Tuesday 7th May 2013 this action will be complete and Capital CFDs and our associated websites will cease to exist."

I'm not sure if this only applys to Captial CFDs aus?

there's an older discussion somewhere where it's proven that the site that provides these links are implicated and up to no good. it can't be proved now as they are running it as secure https to better hide what they're up to.

just pull every post and quote on the boards that contain the words imagicon.info and thereafter not allow any outside sourced smilies. keep an eye out for red x's in posts also and remove

if you don't wish to delete, then replace their image with a t2w smilie.

Somewhere I gave a fairly complete explanation of how this worked. IIRC, some of it was removed. May have been reinstated later, I don't remember. Didn't Sharky state the tech team saw no issues and nothing malicious was being done with the links?? My memory is bad these days and I can't find it.

Peter

Somewhere I gave a fairly complete explanation of how this worked. IIRC, some of it was removed. May have been reinstated later, I don't remember. Didn't Sharky state the tech team saw no issues and nothing malicious was being done with the links?? My memory is bad these days and I can't find it.

Peter

yes mate they saw no issue. now we have discovered the precise name and nature of the issue, it can clearly be seen it is a very real potential issue and they are spammers of fraud.

and yes, you're right, initial efforts to raise this was indeed deleted in favour of the spammers (n)

with 74 threads infested with these spammers the fight goes on to rid the boards of this blight. see latest feedback thread http://www.trade2win.com/boards/site-news-feedback/172970-affiliate-fraud.html

I wrote about this issue before but perhaps it got snowed under the other stuff.

It appears to be called a memory leak of the browser. I get ever increasing amounts of memory usage by either Chrome or Firefox. It is in connection with flash player plugin. This stuff is linked to browser crashes or a platform crash. Horrible when you are poised to enter the market.

Talking-forex squawk

What's happened to the Talking-Forex squawk on Capital spreads?
Can only get a login screen to Talking-Forex when I click on the Market Squawk box in Trading tools.

When did this Simon guy leave? I actually quite like Capitalspreads.

seems it was a case of better the devil you know

and a shame really cap spreads should go this way
as many may now be reconsidering using them as a broker

are no brokers capable of making money without changing the rules all the time ?
but then again they are nt called "Brokers" for nothing

Hmm just as I want to get back into Spread Betting I hear all this talk of it going downhill?

It'll be hard to replace it, from memory they had a solid customer service team and a reliable platform.

Took me ages to find them to begin with :/

Hmm just as I want to get back into Spread Betting I hear all this talk of it going downhill?

It'll be hard to replace it, from memory they had a solid customer service team and a reliable platform.

Took me ages to find them to begin with :/

Having switched to them for the 0.1% total equity spreads (which they largely honour), I haven't had any issues so far.