Best Thread Capital Spreads

I use cmc, they are the best for longer term trading. & of you trade futures you can buy just 1 contract or less. So ideal for building a commodity a portfolio & you only put down 0.25%

Hi thanks for the recommendation, how is their range of UK and US stock CFDs? How have they been with regards to withdrawals? And finally do you feel the prices to accurately affect those of the underlying instruments?

Hi thanks for the recommendation, how is their range of UK and US stock CFDs? How have they been with regards to withdrawals? And finally do you feel the prices to accurately affect those of the underlying instruments?

The prices are bang on the market. Spred is a little wider that trading direct sharese but that's expected, & maybe only 0.01p/cent, & for withdrawing your money, it's quick easy & they have no minimim deposit or no minimim withdrawal,.

it's a totaly legit company & well respected across the globe for CDF & spread bet. I built a portfolio by jjst buying one company a week amd adding funds each time , say adding £40 a time to buy 200-400 shares of uk companies what are cheaper than US.

That's the way I did it rather that deposit a whole shed load of cash & be trying to get it all spead equaly. With the methods I used it have me time to plan new positions each week & with the margin at 10-5% you can deposet just £20 & open a £300 trade.

As for commoditys and fX it gets better because you are not restricted to lots, you could just but 1 barrel of oil, or even 0.01 mini unet of oil. & trading fx & comoditys is free..

The sales team don't pester you ever, the only time I had a call from them was to tell me about my dividend & what's happening with the vodaphone verison deal what went down 2 week back. & if you call them they are quick & more thank happy to help & concider every client the same no matter if you have a £1000,000 acount or a £100 acount

Whole list of things to trade from bonds (what is freeto trade) to orange juice to inxexs to shares in every country. It's by far the best broke/dealer I have been with. & I have tried the lot. Ther built in softwer is great also. Has everything you need. Although I do use a difrent charting package spereate but still use cmc as a main.

So to sun it up, they are legit, regulated. Prices are accurate & genuine..

Oh and if your only buying a small amount of shares I would spread bet shares, cfd trade comoditys. That's what I do. 1£pt = 100shares, I see the 1£pt as 1 lot of 100 shares .

Last edited:
Apology's on my grammar or word errors, I'm on my iphone & can not be bothered to proof read everything ha

Last edited:
The prices are bang on the market. Spred is a little wider that trading direct sharese but that's expected, & maybe only 0.01p/cent, & for withdrawing your money, it's quick easy & they have no minimim deposit or no minimim withdrawal,.

it's a totaly legit company & well respected across the globe for CDF & spread bet. I built a portfolio by jjst buying one company a week amd adding funds each time , say adding £40 a time to buy 200-400 shares of uk companies what are cheaper than US.

That's the way I did it rather that deposit a whole shed load of cash & be trying to get it all spead equaly. With the methods I used it have me time to plan new positions each week & with the margin at 10-5% you can deposet just £20 & open a £300 trade.

As for commoditys and fX it gets better because you are not restricted to lots, you could just but 1 barrel of oil, or even 0.01 mini unet of oil. & trading fx & comoditys is free..

The sales team don't pester you ever, the only time I had a call from them was to tell me about my dividend & what's happening with the vodaphone verison deal what went down 2 week back. & if you call them they are quick & more thank happy to help & concider every client the same no matter if you have a £1000,000 acount or a £100 acount

Whole list of things to trade from bonds (what is freeto trade) to orange juice to inxexs to shares in every country. It's by far the best broke/dealer I have been with. & I have tried the lot. Ther built in softwer is great also. Has everything you need. Although I do use a difrent charting package spereate but still use cmc as a main.

So to sun it up, they are legit, regulated. Prices are accurate & genuine..

Oh and if your only buying a small amount of shares I would spread bet shares, cfd trade comoditys. That's what I do. 1£pt = 100shares, I see the 1£pt as 1 lot of 100 shares .

Wow mate have you got shares in CMC? Hahaha

Hahaa no. They are just the best I have been with

Good to know! Have had bad experiences with other CFD providers, especially running stops and delaying withdrawals. Am looking to change, and have a demo account with CMC. Intertrader have been the worst IMO. Which other brokers have you traded with mate?

Good to know! Have had bad experiences with other CFD providers, especially running stops and delaying withdrawals. Am looking to change, and have a demo account with CMC. Intertrader have been the worst IMO. Which other brokers have you traded with mate?

Spread co, ETX, & city index. Spread co was good for cfd but they upped the minimum trade size on US stocks so I left them. ETX, city index as basically run the same & offer he same. But have a minimum trade size so that's why I chose cmc

I see most major indices in CS demo platform are 0 spreads! It sounds almost impossible to me. Can anyone confirm is it's smae 0 spreads in their live platform?

I see most major indices in CS demo platform are 0 spreads! It sounds almost impossible to me. Can anyone confirm is it's smae 0 spreads in their live platform?

Without checking them all, they look the same whether demo or live.

I do not know what you mean as zero unless you are referring to the difference between the spread bet quotes and the real markets because the spread is the difference between the buy and sell prices. At 1 tick or pip CS are amongst the best.

My wife has been complaining about trade rejections in the past two days with Intertrader. She said there were no problems before but the last two days have been frustrating. On one occasion, 4 rejections in a non-news time. So it can't be the price fluctuating too much. It does not seem to be dealer referral as the price ticket does not hang. So it seems to be a platform issue. I realise that Capitalspreads have moved over to a new platform whereas Intertrader haven't yet. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

I should add that over the past three months, she has been making regular profits daily and they have almost always been impeccably quick at withdrawing money out of her account. So perhaps does anyone else make money on a regular basis and get these rejections?

They have admitted that there is a problem with the platform. I suppose it is unlikely that they will be investigating this trade rejection problem since they will be switching over to the new platform.

I've actually just signed up to Capital Spreads after using the Demo account for a couple of months. The clear layout and simplicity of use stood out for me compared to the others.

Spreads seem competitive and there's a few decent features including the option for guaranteed stop losses.

My wife has been complaining about trade rejections in the past two days with Intertrader. She said there were no problems before but the last two days have been frustrating. On one occasion, 4 rejections in a non-news time. So it can't be the price fluctuating too much. It does not seem to be dealer referral as the price ticket does not hang. So it seems to be a platform issue. I realise that Capitalspreads have moved over to a new platform whereas Intertrader haven't yet. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

I should add that over the past three months, she has been making regular profits daily and they have almost always been impeccably quick at withdrawing money out of her account. So perhaps does anyone else make money on a regular basis and get these rejections?

Interesting! I’ve heard of brokers before doing similar things to successful traders. That’s the problem with brokers that ‘run a book’, like SB firms. I’ve had my suspicions in the past with my own trading.

Perhaps they want her to go elsewhere!

I only use DMA brokers now, with CFDs. You know you’re going straight through to the exchange, so you won’t get any dodgy fills/re-quotes/rejections. Of course, this is for equities. You pay a bit of commission, but has saved me a fortune.

Thanks for the reply. She has been offered to use their DMA service but the protection is only up to 12000 pounds or so. I think it would be prudent to just wait until the new platform is introduced. Then see if the same problems remain. Kudos to their IT team would be amply given if they could be bothered to investigate but as the sporadic trade rejections still exist, I am of the opinion that they have swept the problem under the rug. Fingers crossed for the new platform.

I have read some bad comments about the new platform though. Could anyone offer some comments particularly on trade execution?

Thanks for the reply. She has been offered to use their DMA service but the protection is only up to 12000 pounds or so. I think it would be prudent to just wait until the new platform is introduced. Then see if the same problems remain. Kudos to their IT team would be amply given if they could be bothered to investigate but as the sporadic trade rejections still exist, I am of the opinion that they have swept the problem under the rug. Fingers crossed for the new platform.

I have read some bad comments about the new platform though. Could anyone offer some comments particularly on trade execution?

What do you mean by ‘the protection is only up to £12,000 or so’?

If you mean that £12,000 is the normal market size so you will only get the top line price up to this size, then trade rejections and/or requites are a problem you’ll find anywhere you go. This would be because the market just doesn’t have the liquidity you need.

Nobody will fill you on a trade where the size doesn’t exist in the underlying market – it would mean they couldn’t hedge the position!

If I’ve understood the problem correctly?!

I am referring to FSCS protection of up to 50000 pounds. There is another offering based in Gibraltar I think but they protect up to 12000 pounds I think.

lol.. I think you know the answer to this question yourself.

Trade demo money on a demo platform with choice demo prices and make lots of pretend money to go and buy a pretend Ferrari. When you've made your pretend 100% return in 3 days you can move up to trading real money on real wide prices and do your b++l+ks very quickly....

Must be an isolated case these trade rejections but disappointed to be told problem on this end so need to change internet provider and/or computer.