Best Thread Capital Spreads

Can anyone suggest why there are these spurious trade rejections? I have been using them for years with the same computer and internet connection. The OS, browser and flash are all up to date. They can't seem to help so if anyone here has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Can anyone suggest why there are these spurious trade rejections? I have been using them for years with the same computer and internet connection. The OS, browser and flash are all up to date. They can't seem to help so if anyone here has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Do you experience trade rejections on their demo system or any other trading system (live or demo) not run by this company?
do you suffer any other internet problems?
do you experience same problems on a different computer?
when it rejects the trade what does it actually say?

don't use demo. only use this.
no problems with internet.
yes.
"Your trade was not placed. Server response: "price expired or not valid"."

The mystery is when contacted, they are not aware of this trade rejection. It is not all the time. In 10 trades, maybe can expect 2 bad.

don't use demo. only use this.
no problems with internet.
yes.
"Your trade was not placed. Server response: "price expired or not valid"."

The mystery is when contacted, they are not aware of this trade rejection. It is not all the time. In 10 trades, maybe can expect 2 bad.

On a good trade (one that goes through) - how long does it normally take to get a response? ~1 second.... a few seconds? ....and how long for one that gets this bad response?

Last edited:
fill are less than 1 second. trade rejection is even quicker.

Well, on a good note, you're not on dealer confirm, bad note is that it's probably just one of those things. The price has likely changed from the one you've clicked on. In order to keep up with the "no requotes" trend these trade requests are just rejected rather than requoted at current price or slipped.

Some traders prefer to get requoted if the market has moved, others don't - platforms such as this only allow one solution for traders, in this case we have "NO requotes!" as the (marketing?) decision. Obviously also requires less dealing staff at the other end so is cheaper. Could move to a different broker that allows fill/kill options per trade ticket may be?

However, not having a record at the broker side of them receiving the request, is pretty much unheard of.... they know you've made the request as they've said you can't have it. It won't be you, your computer or your connection....

CS has gotten very paranoid these days. Just have a look at the new clause in the T&C on "Latency" trading, absurd to say the least in my point of view. Sorry to say it doesn't look good for the company.

Thanks for your comments. Will see how the new platform goes.

Even though they say many of the trade rejections are not seen on their side, we have to assume that they do. It makes more sense then.

I think we are going to see a new area in CFDs (Spreadbetting will not survive due to taxation problems) with new technique and much faster platforms. Why should you trade with someone that gives you a lot of re-quotes or rejection? Companies with this kind of service will simply not be able to compete in the near future.

I've not had any problems with the new platform so far. Agree though, plenty of other brokers out there if they start playing these games with me!

I've not had any problems with the new platform so far. Agree though, plenty of other brokers out there if they start playing these games with me!
Yes you are right, plenty of good options out there. If the platform can't handle every kind of trading style, I don't think there is a future for that broker in the long run.

Its good to hear this stuff though. They have your money at the end of the day so you want to know if they are playing up! I don't want to lose out like Worldspreads clients did.

Last edited:
Its good to hear this stuff though. They have your money at the end of the day! I'd don't want to lose out like Worldspreads clients did.
I don't think there is a problem with safety of the funds, even in the case of Worldspreads I believe the clients got their money back through the protection of the bank guarantee, even tough it took some time. I am not applying that CS has this kind of problems, but the signals coming from them doesn't give me the impression that all is well.

Their market cap is £17.58m, but they've got £21.8m in cash. Couldn't we just buy the company and pocket an easy £4.22m? That doesn't include selling off the computers, chairs and stationary etc.

Anybody wanna lend me £17.8m?
No I don't think so. This industry is tough and competitive, you would't make it without pulling our legs.:)

Getting rather pissed off with capital spread lately. I am often getting the message "Booking price is no longer valid! Fair enough, markets move quick. What annoys me is that once that happens, the trade ticket gets reset to £1pp and you have to re enter your stake and stop loss, in which time your entry could be missed point.

Anyone from capital spreads actually read this thread anymore.?

Seems a bit superfluous now that Simon's stopped posting - he gave a refreshing and genuine view from the other side of the screen.

I use Caps but don't do short-term stuff - I never see this particular message.

I was a Worldspreads customer, segregated account, when they went bust, put my claim in and the funds were returned very quickly.