IG Or ETX Or Capital Spreads???

Hello

I have only been spread betting for 3 months and thats only been with a InterTrader spread betting account which they gave me £100 to trade with, but I don't really like their platform or the size of some of their spreads.

I have done some research as I'm looking to get a little more serious this year and take the next step with spread betting as I have turned the free £100 into £380. I have done research on IG, ETX and CapitalSpreads, can anyone recommend which one is best?

My research has brung me to the conclusion that IG have better spreads and customer care, and they seem to be the biggest as well. Can anyone confirm this and let me know if they are a good company to go with?

I'm mostly day trading FTSE, DAX N' BUND using a strategy I have put together after reading a few books.

Any advice on a good company would be appreciated.

DowJones

Experienced member
1,073 391
If you wish to day trade I'd avoid all SB firms. Use a professional broker & platform - it will make a huge (positive) difference to your results.

M

member275544

0 0
Hello

I have only been spread betting for 3 months and thats only been with a InterTrader spread betting account which they gave me £100 to trade with, but I don't really like their platform or the size of some of their spreads.

I have done some research as I'm looking to get a little more serious this year and take the next step with spread betting as I have turned the free £100 into £380. I have done research on IG, ETX and CapitalSpreads, can anyone recommend which one is best?

My research has brung me to the conclusion that IG have better spreads and customer care, and they seem to be the biggest as well. Can anyone confirm this and let me know if they are a good company to go with?

I'm mostly day trading FTSE, DAX N' BUND using a strategy I have put together after reading a few books.

Any advice on a good company would be appreciated.

This will be a personal experience thing..i have had really bad experiences with IG and would never want to use them again, preferring ETX. But ETX doesn't have certain instruments which IG does.
Try both and then decide..i cant comment on capital spreads, I don't think I've ever used them. For what you are trading however, ETX would be my choice

Noticed today that my BUND trades have been getting referred to a dealer on InterTrader. I was only trading at £4pp, but when I entered today it said please wait referred to dealer which took about 5 or so seconds and filled me at a higher price than what I had clicked BUY at!

Last edited:
M

member275544

0 0
Noticed today that my BUND trades have been getting referred to a dealer on InterTrader. I was only trading at £4pp, but when I entered today it said please wait refereed to dealer which took about 5 or so seconds and filled me at a higher price than what I had clicked BUY at!

would be interested to know how you compare that to IG. That was happening all the time for me. also the price quoted on my ticket would not be the filled price, apparently that was blamed on my browser. Hopefully you don't encounter the same ****e

DowJones

Experienced member
1,073 391
Noticed today that my BUND trades have been getting referred to a dealer on InterTrader. I was only trading at £4pp, but when I entered today it said please wait referred to dealer which took about 5 or so seconds and filled me at a higher price than what I had clicked BUY at!

This is probably because your trade was going to make money and bucket-shops don't like that. Choose a decent broker my friend and save yourself a lot of frustration.

Reactions: MajorMagnuM
M

member275544

0 0
This is probably because your trade was going to make money and bucket-shops don't like that. Choose a decent broker my friend and save yourself a lot of frustration.

what do you consider a decent broker DJ?

DowJones

Experienced member
1,073 391
what do you consider a decent broker DJ?

Obviously it depends on what you're trading - I'd just try to ensure that you use an institutional quality firm. You can search some of my other posts for comments on this topic, but examples are: LMAX for spot fx in the UK, IB, Mirus for US futures etc. There are many more, I'm just giving a small sample. I'd avoid all the retail crap & bucketshops...

Last edited:
On the verge of reaching £1,000 from the free £100 InterTrader gave me, and now all of my trades are being referred to dealer.

The account is at £912 as of typing with active trades open.

Should be fun when I try to ask for a withdrawal, I'm expecting some sort of term & conditions link sent back to me saying I can't until I do something like deposit £10,000 and trade with it or something.

igbonus

3 0
-------- For IG USERS -------

We are a non profit website that offers bonus codes for IG.

Our main bonus offers up to 60% off on all commissions. This is fully working and currently been used by over 1000 people across the EU.

Installation of this bonus is quick and easy, it requires no changes to the end users trading experience and IG's great world class service. Your application will be passed to a fully regulated & partnered brokerage of IG who operates a corporate level net commission split under IG. The partner is paid a percentage share of the commissions for referring the you to IG, who then in turn rebates them to back to you. Funds are paid back automatically at the end of each month.

Commission reductions start at 25% up to 60% depending on your size and number of trades.

To apply visit igmarketsbonuscodes.com and follow the links.

Kind Regards.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock