Best Thread Capital Spreads

Not a standard , it's annoying i don't like it , they should proceed with the request then ask questions ...

I agree with you - it is wrong and naughty of them to ask before withdrawal.

I think if someone says "I have no comments to make. Please initiate the withdrawal" in reply to their question(s) then they can't really say no.

Not a standard , it's annoying i don't like it , they should proceed with the request then ask questions ...

Spot on, two separate issues and obvious tactics, poor all round by CS, they know it, they know what they are doing and anyone who cant see that, well......

Spot on, two separate issues and obvious tactics, poor all round by CS, they know it, they know what they are doing and anyone who cant see that, well......

Personally I'd pull my cash, aren't they going to court at some point in the near future?

On top of this, they are rejecting trades and cannot give out a specific reason.
1.gif

is there any reason why there's a hidden icon in your message that goes to .gif?????

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears that after Simon has left, there is an increase in the number of rejections. I too have had one making me miss a 30pip trade and counting. It is okay when the price becomes more favourable but when it is less favourable, you are psychologically less likely to try again. I have missed 100 plus pip moves in the past because of a trade rejection so this is not as bad.

It appears that after Simon has left, there is an increase in the number of rejections. I too have had one making me miss a 30pip trade and counting. It is okay when the price becomes more favourable but when it is less favourable, you are psychologically less likely to try again. I have missed 100 plus pip moves in the past because of a trade rejection so this is not as bad.
Yes twinj I have to agree. Trading the DAX with CS is a joke, tons of rejected trades. As I wrote earlier CS have tighten up the internal deviation on some of the instruments. This in combination with fractions and little bit of volatility makes it almost impossible to trade. CS is going down the drain if this continues. I have started to move away from CS and trade a lot more with others now, where I don't get any trade rejections.
Those of you that feel I don't critize CS enough, this is for you.:)

Yes twinj I have to agree. Trading the DAX with CS is a joke, tons of rejected trades. As I wrote earlier CS have tighten up the internal deviation on some of the instruments. This in combination with fractions and little bit of volatility makes it almost impossible to trade. CS is going down the drain if this continues. I have started to move away from CS and trade a lot more with others now, where I don't get any trade rejections.
Those of you that feel I don't critize CS enough, this is for you.:)

Hi gle101, your situation sounds much worse than mine. The rejections are not the only stress is it? It is losing faith in a friend as it were. Well, what are you trying out instead?

Personally I'd pull my cash, aren't they going to court at some point in the near future?

I have not used them since, was good value index DOW trading out of hours and trading hours but not interested in using them anymore.

The point is, and to give an analogy, it is similar to the MP expenses scandal. It is not about the actual issue as in what they did, it is that they worked on a self motivated wrong level and if they are going to do that, what else are they up to.

They are very quiet on this forum since Simon left and you had to take your hat off to Simon and the transparency and professional face that he gave CS. they seem to be now a typical SB with all the tricks and traits of nothing more than someone who is on the other end of your trade and will manipulate whatever they feel like to hinder you.

and will say it again, shame on you CS. Imagine a betting shop telling a punter they are not happy with processing a withdrawal of funds until they find the reason, hell would brake lose. That is in effect all they are, so again shame on you.

Hi gle101, your situation sounds much worse than mine. The rejections are not the only stress is it? It is losing faith in a friend as it were. Well, what are you trying out instead?
Not a big deal really, I have been trading with CS for 7 years, but will leave them if they do not deliver good service. Yes Simon was an exceptional good front guy for CS, and main owner at the time as well. I have a bunch of companies that I trade live with and do not have the excecution problems that I experience trading with CS at the moment.

Well that about it does it for me with Capitalspreads. They have started to widend the spread during relases, 4-5 spread on the FTSE during the manufacture news release, at least that was the spread for me. I went short, the position went initially my way. But to avoid me from taking the profit they widend the spread. After 7 years trading with CS I have now decided to stop trading with them. Sorry to say, since Simon left they are just going downhill. Right now there are much better options out there. I am afraid that if this continues Capitalspreads will not be around much longer.

Well that about it does it for me with Capitalspreads. They have started to widend the spread during relases, 4-5 spread on the FTSE during the manufacture news release, at least that was the spread for me. I went short, the position went initially my way. But to avoid me from taking the profit they widend the spread. After 7 years trading with CS I have now decided to stop trading with them. Sorry to say, since Simon left they are just going downhill. Right now there are much better options out there. I am afraid that if this continues Capitalspreads will not be around much longer.

You are late. Some of us complained about these broker games years ago. You can understand now how we felt when we were subject to these manipulations even though it may have been in a different form at the time.

You are late. Some of us complained about these broker games years ago. You can understand now how we felt when we were subject to these manipulations even though it may have been in a different form at the time.
I had no reason to complain at the time you mention. They were good for 5 years up till now. Something has happened when Simon left, never had these kind of problems before, and they were very stable regarding the spread. I knew exactly where I had them, now, I don't know so I have to stay away, at least for a while. The policy of the company has changed, that I am quite sure of. Simon was fair no doubt about it, we will see if that counts for the new people in charge. One thing is for certain, they don't seem to like showing up on this forum. I hope they will prove me wrong.

I had no reason to complain at the time you mention. They were good for 5 years up till now. Something has happened when Simon left, never had these kind of problems before, and they were very stable regarding the spread. I knew exactly where I had them, now, I don't know so I have to stay away, at least for a while. The policy of the company has changed, that I am quite sure of. Simon was fair no doubt about it, we will see if that counts for the new people in charge. One thing is for certain, they don't seem to like showing up on this forum. I hope they will prove me wrong.

Sorry to hear of your problems. I try to avoid trading during news because I think it is normal practice to widen the spread. In the real market, the spread widens as well so it is only fair. If they do not widen, the probability of a rejection will rise. I am assuming you traded minutes after the news instead of seconds?

I also agree that it is a shame for the new CEO not to appear on this forum. I would have thought Simon would have advised it.

Sorry to hear of your problems. I try to avoid trading during news because I think it is normal practice to widen the spread. In the real market, the spread widens as well so it is only fair. If they do not widen, the probability of a rejection will rise. I am assuming you traded minutes after the news instead of seconds?

I also agree that it is a shame for the new CEO not to appear on this forum. I would have thought Simon would have advised it.
Yes I agree, very important news I do not trade with CS or anybody else. CS used not to execute orders in connection to the news itself. The widening came after the news itself and increased later as I profit in my position, this in order to avoid me taking the profit. It also wasn't particular volitile at the time. We are talking about the FTSE and not a volitile index like the DAX or the Dow. There have also been strange movement in the Dow under the week I have been trading, resulting in not losing that much money but getting annoyed that manipulation is starting to occur.

What I experiencing is that CS starting to apply variabel spread, this whenever they feel like it is a good thing for them. They did not do this before, they gave you a "price no longer message" if the deviation was too much. This is a shift in their execution model. Trading the Dax is also a waste of time, you get rejected whenever you trade with the price action, even if it isn't that volatile.

OK, I should not start a big rant here. I will just take a pause trading with CS in order to find out in which direction they are heading.

Last edited:
What I experiencing is that CS starting to apply variabel spread, this whenever they feel like it is a good thing for them. They did not do this before, they gave you a "price no longer message" if the deviation was too much. This is a shift in their execution model. Trading the Dax is also a waste of time, you get rejected whenever you trade with the price action, even if it isn't that volatile.

OK, I should start a big rant here. I will just take a pause trading with CS in order to find out in which direction they are heading.

This spread widening seems to be normal now, even for SBs advertising fixed spreads. We all the know this happens in the real market, but we're trading the SB's market so this is just another way of moving the goalposts to the client's disadvantage.

This spread widening seems to be normal now, even for SBs advertising fixed spreads. We all the know this happens in the real market, but we're trading the SB's market so this is just another way of moving the goalposts to the client's disadvantage.
No problem with me, as long as I know what game I am playing. CS have been very consistent over the years with fixed spread, maybe this is about to change. In the long run variabel spread is probably the name of the game. But is should be in line of the underlaying asset and not randomly as they see fit.

I mean, it would bea good thing if we could get a variabel spread model and trade exectuted according to that of the underlaying asset (commission or extra spread for the SB). That would would be a step forward for the SB industry. But with that follows a responsebility for the market maker not to blame the client for his/hers trading style.

ive started to notice rejection of orders far more often now, i wonder where else to go?
Im thinking of trying fxcm for spreadbetting or cfd's and wonder if this no dealer desk will help or if its just a pr stunt? anyone use them ?

Does anyone (who regularly trades on equities) have any comments on Capital Spreads' equity spreadbets? The headline spread of 0.1% is excellent.