Best Thread Capital Spreads

Thanks for that. But can they keep up with the users that are needed to be called with this issue? I mean there would be hundreds, if not thousands of them per day.

Depends on the client, but most of it it automated I should think.

2-3 points (variable spread) spread on the Dow now. What is happening?

Simon is gone, I wonder when the new company representative will come on board?

I see it too. The future looks uncertain for CS. EURUSD is still fixed at 1pip spread so forex appears to be unaffected.

Well the change was brief. Dow is back to 1point spread again. I miss the days when Simon would write in to explain things.

Well the change was brief. Dow is back to 1point spread again. I miss the days when Simon would write in to explain things.
Yes I notice it also. Hopefully it was some kind of price feed error. Or maybe they wanted to check out the client reaction by testing a variable huge spread.:)

e-dash

Actually the answer you were given is incorrect.

With Capital Spreads you cannot have a position without a stop and that stop uses up margin on your account of 25% more than your stop loss.... i.e if your stop is to take a loss of £100 the system will take £125 from your available funds. Simon made a point of saying that they never called clients for margin (ever) as the stop triggered an exit from the position and removed the risk.

I have never had annoying emails or telephone calls in all the years I have traded with CS.

Instant

My understanding is you can move the automatic stop loss further out once the trade is placed. Therefore your losses can exceed what is in your account and therefore will be required to but up further margin.

My understanding is you can move the automatic stop loss further out once the trade is placed. Therefore your losses can exceed what is in your account and therefore will be required to but up further margin.

Interesting. Have you actually been in that position?

e-dash

Actually the answer you were given is incorrect.

With Capital Spreads you cannot have a position without a stop and that stop uses up margin on your account of 25% more than your stop loss.... i.e if your stop is to take a loss of £100 the system will take £125 from your available funds. Simon made a point of saying that they never called clients for margin (ever) as the stop triggered an exit from the position and removed the risk.

I have never had annoying emails or telephone calls in all the years I have traded with CS.

Instant

guaranteed stops?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EDRXLOQGN...0tTk/s1600/appl-intraday-gaps-Jan-25-2013.png

I wanted to put an opposite bet on versus my long position with Capital Spreads on the Dow this evening. So I went onto IG Index... their spread is 6 points (!) I could drive a bus through that (only 2 with CS as I write) guess I will wait till the morning. just noticed IG's DAX is TEN wide, bloody hell are they quoting the high/low as the price !

Kalott they do guaranteed stops as well but i never use them.

I get quite a lot "price no longer valid" messages since Simon left the company. DAX for example, way too many rejected trades. Are you guys experiencing the same problem? Yes the market is a little bit more volatile but the execution have been better in the past.

I get quite a lot "price no longer valid" messages since Simon left the company. DAX for example, way too many rejected trades. Are you guys experiencing the same problem? Yes the market is a little bit more volatile but the execution have been better in the past.

If it's not a general problem, could it be just that you've been doing well recently and CS has tweaked the tolerance setting on your account?

Hi

Does anyone have any information/views on this new spread betting company.

https://www.capitalspreads.com/

juanbyte

Hello Juanbyte,

Personally, I use Capital spreads.

A good place to start would be the 'Switching Provider' link on the Capital Spreads homepage.

I like the spreads that they offer. I trade the FTSE, DAX, and DOW, and they offer a 1 point spread on each of them. This means it is low cost - Doesn't cost me a lot to get into or out of a trade, whist still being able to make MONEY :)

There is a lot of information on the site, and it is all useful. You just need to take the time to absorb everything.

peleus et al

could not agree with you more. too much c**p is now put up on trading platforms these days. In reality all you need is a proper strategy / reasonable charts and a good competitive price

I spoke to one of the guys at CS and he said that although they have over 3000 markets over 80% of the trades made by clients were in just 10 markets. FTSE, Dow, S&P, Dax, Gold, Oil, spot yen/euro/gbp and gbp/eur

You don't need reams of info about these markets just control over your own actions.

Equity (shares) trading is a different activity completely which requires much more specific information and longer time frames but indices/commodities and FX trading is far more technically driven in the short term.

If it's not a general problem, could it be just that you've been doing well recently and CS has tweaked the tolerance setting on your account?
Could be, if that is the case I won't be around too long trading with them.:) I am quite sure they have changed their internal deviation on some of the instruments, meaning you will get increasing number of rejeted trades. Have you guys expience any slippage with them recently?