Can T2W be saved?

.............Really? Based on what metric? Decency or trading related content? Excuse me for assuming this was meant to be a trading site and not a offshoot of the samaritans......

scose

Based on this metric:

T2W is a professional trading resource that promotes mature, intelligent & respectful discussion in a positive & safe environment for everyone. T2W is dedicated to developing and maintaining a friendly online community, where members of all ages and trading ability feel relaxed and comfortable.

Okay fair enough. What that says to me is that while t2w is willing to tolerate questionable individuals and/or charlatan traders it's not willing to tolerate crass ones with a niche sense of humour that most will find offensive or immature.

That's fine. It's t2w's prerogative and I'll drop the issue.

How many people actually really post here lol.

How many members are just bots registering on the forum.

I have a forum, it's not advertised, it's just for me to put prouct releases on and get bet test results.

I still get loads of bots registering every day and it's a pain in the butt deleting them all. I have no doubt that over time, I could accumulate tens of thousands of 'members' this way.

In terms of a better run forum. The best example would be BMT - there is no nonsense on the, vendors are not allowed to pimp their warez and their advertising rates are the same as T2W.

Okay fair enough. What that says to me is that while t2w is willing to tolerate questionable individuals and/or charlatan traders it's not willing to tolerate crass ones with a niche sense of humour that most will find offensive or immature.

That's fine. It's t2w's prerogative and I'll drop the issue.

scose

It's not a question of tolerating, it's about respecting the guidelines - it's all in here Site Guidelines | Trade2Win

jon

Once again I have to completely disagree with Timsk.

1 While I respect Split and believe that he is well within his rights to complain about any posts that go against the site's guidelines, I think he needs to understand that while he may not agree with it, it's all just simply generation x/y humour.

While some people believe that they/the site would benefit from less "filth" and more hunky-dory, honey and roses posts flowers other believe that the site would benefit from less drivel and more real actual trading related posts - whatever the cost.

This is issue is one of the major wedges between members and staff I alluded to earlier.

2 Okay, Jimmy's (et al) humour if often very crass and not to everyone's taste but please tell me how his behaviour is any more destructive or disruptive than the likes of truthseeker or begginer joe. Tell you what, wouldn't it be a good idea to ask PC of CMC what he thinks before you answer this?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then why is it that those of us who care more about posts of "immense value"- often referred to as quality content - and rip-off vendors/cold callers/"hedge funds"/t2w staff (allegedly)/spread bet companies completely sodomising people out of their hard earned money than we do about the flaming of any of the aforementioned, or choice language, are overlooked? Not part of the T2W "community"? Does this opinion not count? Nope, shunned! Idiots! Children! Once again, visions of a few comrades* drinking wine together and the phrase some are more equal than others springs to mind.

*Conflicts of interest in among t2w staff much?

Hahaha why don't you direct these questions to your cahootsy vendor types instead eh? I'm sure there are more direct lines of communication.

Really? Based on what metric? Decency or trading related content? Excuse me for assuming this was meant to be a trading site and not a offshoot of the samaritans.

Until T2W positions itself in a way which seems more in tune with protecting members/newbies and promoting quality content things will continue in the same vein. This site is turning into a huge advert and nothing more.

I have no problem with a poster saying what he wants on his own thread because, to repeat what many have said, if you don't like it, go somewhere else. What he did was to interfere, to the point of trashing, other posters' debates. That is one of the drawbacks to democratic process, be it on this site, or be it on a national basis.

These characters are as much terrorists, within their own teeny-weeny brain scale, as the ones who blow themselves up but, being anonymous, there is no recourse except permanent banning from the site. That is in the hands of management and I don't know why but, apparently, it is too difficult.

T2W is a professional trading resource that promotes mature, intelligent & respectful discussion in a positive & safe environment for everyone. T2W is dedicated to developing and maintaining a friendly online community, where members of all ages and trading ability feel relaxed and comfortable.

Being forced out into the cold is HEALTHY, however uncomfortable it is. This is a bite yourself activity, not some girly pink scented tropical paradise. There is some serious trading brilliance in the methodologies of certain banned members, that should be seen as a resource to tap into not a boil to lance.

Attachments

• Boil.jpeg
    Boil.jpeg
    6.9 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
There is some serious trading brilliance in the methodologies of certain banned members, that should be seen as a resource to tap into not a boil to lance.

(y)

A great example of Mr Socco's glass wall.

The brilliance contained in those posts cant be recognised by those who need help the most, and those who recognise whats on offer, dont really need the help.

How unfair life can be :LOL:

(y)

The brilliance contained in those posts cant be recognised by those who need help the most, and those who recognise whats on offer, dont really need the help.

Very good point, but if somebody is called a muppet and takes offense:mad::mad:then they might be better off examining why somebody :smart::smart: has called them.
:whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling

(y)

If they are as brilliant as they are reputed to be, they should know how not to get banned. Brilliance in trading (and there will, always be detractors to anyone's trading style) need not go hand in hand with insulting others. As I believe that you said, yesterday. It's not rocket science.

I was at sea for years and and sailed with some beauties, believe me, when it comes to colourful vocabulary. I was a good learner but I never, ever, took it ashore with me when I went on leave and I do not swear at home. Why should I do it here? It's very offensive to a lot of people and puts them off, which is exactly what the poster does not want. I don't understand that.

............ There is some serious trading brilliance in the methodologies of certain banned members, that should be seen as a resource to tap into not a boil to lance.............

Yes, indeed and that's why they, including Socco, were given many chances before their repeated misdemeanours became too much. Oh dear, now Hare will start complaining that not everyone is equal, oh well :)

Yes, I looked at that previously, but lost interest a few posts in. Does it work then ? It would have helped the assessment if he showed a statement.

I feel your pain, I really do.

Its hard to commit to a method on blind faith alone.

In the good old days (even at t2w) you might have found someone who would have proved to you that they could walk the walk. Funnily enough the person who proved to me that he could actually trade profitably was a regular in the old t2w chat room, but he no longer contributes here, other than lulz.

Quite a few of the forum chat rooms used to host live sessions where traders would explain their methods, and make live calls. I'm not sure why, but unfortunately, its not like that these days.

You seam to be looking for a short cut that does not exist. I've been doing this for almost 10 years now, and I still work as hard every day as I did back then, and I suspect I'll still be doing the same 10 years from now.

Yes, indeed and that's why they, including Socco, were given many chances before their repeated misdemeanours became too much. Oh dear, now Hare will start complaining that not everyone is equal, oh well :)

You will never here me complain about such a thing.

You may hear me complain about the hypocrisy of claiming all are equal, and then implimenting policies contary to that claim. But thats a different thing altogether.

I know you dont get it, but I'll keep trying. :LOL:

Very good point, but if somebody is called a muppet and takes offense:mad::mad:then they might be better off examining why somebody :smart::smart: has called them.
:whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling

Muppet!? :LOL:

With a name like yours I wouldn't think that you went to Sunday School. :D

I feel your pain, I really do.

Its hard to commit to a method on blind faith alone.

In the good old days (even at t2w) you might have found someone who would have proved to you that they could walk the walk. Funnily enough the person who proved to me that he could actually trade profitably was a regular in the old t2w chat room, but he no longer contributes here, other than lulz.

Quite a few of the forum chat rooms used to host live sessions where traders would explain their methods, and make live calls. I'm not sure why, but unfortunately, its not like that these days.

You seam to be looking for a short cut that does not exist. I've been doing this for almost 10 years now, and I still work as hard every day as I did back then, and I suspect I'll still be doing the same 10 years from now.

Of course short cuts exist. Why else would I be asking for statements ? That's the short cut to short cuts. My interest is in quickly weeding out the BS''ers. Whether people's strategies work is secondary. In any case, I believe my own strategy is better once fully developed.

So you are still banging on about the good old days ? The website have grown and changed. Your good old days ain't returning. So either go with the flow or join the lulzer gang at ET or some place. I might go take a look there when I get banned. For now, I don't want too many forums. The signing up would to too much work.

Last edited:
I believe my own strategy is better once fully developed..

I would be inclined to agree

So you are still banging on about the good old days ? The website have grown and changed. Your good old days ain't returning.

Its not an issue for me, I was fortunate enough to have benefitted from that environment, you didnt. You unfortuately are stuck requesting statements from vendors in a marketers paradise, where the only input from real traders is lulz.

Whilst it in my own self interests to protect an nurture my market, its not in my interests to help potential competition, however in a rare act of kindness, I was kind enough to tell you EXACTLY what you need to do, knowing you wouldnt do it cos it involves more than 30 seconds work :LOL:

For your information most sites have not grown, they've withered and died, as will t2w eventually.

Yes, I looked at that previously, but lost interest a few posts in. Does it work then ? It would have helped the assessment if he showed a statement. My main concern with whatever he's using is the wild swings. It's not sustainable over the long term because of the intense stress.

Yes it works if you know how to trade the scenario. It requires a big dollop of discretion though which you'd probably only develop through exposure to your chosen market. Hence you'd be better off just taking the concept and doing your own thing with it if you're interested.

BTW what might be stressful for you may not be for Jimmy and vice versa. Ultimately you should just do your own thing. You find your own way in this game.

BTW what might be stressful for you may not be for Jimmy and vice versa. Ultimately you should just do your own thing. You find your own way in this game.

Large swings is stressful for anyone, even for fonzy lulz who claimed to have used the strategy for many years. Would you like to guess why he became abusive suddenly for no reason whatsoever and getting banned ? If he continues his strategy, I reckon one day he will flip and start shooting people in a shopping mall somewhere.

Large swings is stressful for anyone.
Apologies for taking this thread off topic, but large swings are not "stressful for anyone". They are what I (and many others probably) call 'trading opportunities'.

Sounds to me as though you may have become locked into your own way of seeing things and imagine everyone must see things the same way.

Sorry for the diversion. You can all get back to whittling on about pointless fluff again now.