Can T2W be saved?

He currently has a chat room? :-0
I have no idea. I was trying to wind Bunny up. Seems that he may do or may be participating in some other forum from March Hare's response. Only have very infrequent email exchanges with him myself and we tend not to discuss that sort of stuff. LOL

Can’t remember the basis for MM’s departure other than he obviously got a bee in his bonnet about some thing or some one. As much as I like Mr. F and as much as I was impressed with his skills, his ego got the better of him. As it does all of us from time to time so no judgement. There are many I miss. Some are in self administered exile – others were moderator assisted.

....You where adamant that the article was sound, and would stay, and the next minute its gone.....

If you can point to anywhere that anyone said that the article was sound I'd be very surprised - and stand corrected - since T2W does not endorse the content of articles.

1. lack of respect for good traders ...........I make + 200 - 500 points week in, week out and I show people how I make them by explaining the fundamentals and technicals . Still I get morons coming on my thread hating and being jealous........

Let's see a statement. I have no respect for people who can't produce a statement. In fact I have disrepect for them.

If you can point to anywhere that anyone said that the article was sound I'd be very surprised - and stand corrected - since T2W does not endorse the content of articles.

Am I allowed to quote from PMs ?

Speaking of awards the requests for transparency in the voting for the T2W awards were quietly ignored. Then you wonder why people are seeing 'conspiracies' between T2W and vendors whilst complaining that helpful members get no recognition.

I have no idea. I was trying to wind Bunny up. Seems that he may do or may be participating in some other forum from March Hare's response. Only have very infrequent email exchanges with him myself and we tend not to discuss that sort of stuff. LOL

Can’t remember the basis for MM’s departure other than he obviously got a bee in his bonnet about some thing or some one. As much as I like Mr. F and as much as I was impressed with his skills, his ego got the better of him. As it does all of us from time to time so no judgement. There are many I miss. Some are in self administered exile – others were moderator assisted.

He did pop in from time to time to a chat room that used to be quite active and had some interesting stuff to say. Also he had an awesome candy tetris score, the guy's a genius i'm sure :) A shame he's not around any more.

Its more of a shame that he didnt communicate the reasons to a far wider audience. One or two might learn something

:LOL:

I don't think they'd get it or want to. They're much happier just learning about a TA setup which they can trade and apply to 50 million markets. It's a much lazier way of doing things.

Of course members have a right to be protected from out and out abuse. No arguments there, but conversely, when you have someone with an adgenda such as Howards, T2W has a duty of care to ensure that he's handled appropriately. That would probably have stopped a lot of the abuse he recieved

He's not the first, and wont be the last to play that particular game.

But the real issue is this. There are people who have in the past made huge efforts to share, and in one way or another helped t2w to achieve the prominance and success that they enjoy today. Those people are not even acknowledged, let alone interviewed and promoted.

I can think of half a dozen people who could have chosen, but the t2w team decided that Howard was a better candidate. Any way you want to look at that it shows a serious lack of judgement.

The reasons why the article was removed have still not been made clear. That article was staunchly defended by t2w staff and mods, both publically and in PM's to concerned members. You where adamant that the article was sound, and would stay, and the next minute its gone.

The latest PR spin is that the article was removed as it recieved a low rating. There are other articles with low ratings, and yet they remain ? so whats going on, really ?

there are vendors and vendors. HC was a dangerous vendor, someone who knew exactly what he was up to, someone who was preying on noobs.

Hi wallstreet,
I'm sorry you feel so bitter about your experience here at T2W. Perhaps I can address some of the points you make and try to make amends . . .

I will tell you why this site is going down ?

1. lack of respect for good traders ...........I make + 200 - 500 points week in, week out and I show people how I make them by explaining the fundamentals and technicals . Still I get morons coming on my thread hating and being jealous........
I'm not sure who you are thinking of here. I certainly respect you and, to the best of my knowledge, so does everyone else on the staff. Sadly, the 'morons' you refer to are everywhere on the forums - I assure you that your thread isn't singled out in any way. So, what to do about them? Using the red flag 'Report Post' function will bring their posts to the attention of the Mods who have an excellent track record in dealing with members who breach the site guidelines. Failing that, you might like to consider opening a journal which gives the OP some moderation powers and will give you greater control as to who can post to your thread. These are explained here: Special Features of the ‘Trading Journals’ Forum

2. I have 620,000 hits on my thread and still I receive no awards or recognition year in, year out. The only people who win awards are those that are linked with the admin team, its all in house ..........we need a meritocracy at trade2win not groupies !!
If by 'awards' you're referring to the Members Choice Awards held around Christmas each year - then there is a simple reason why you've not received an award. Members nominate who they want in each category and can then vote accordingly. The detractors will say it's all rigged and that only pet favourites win etc. I can categorically assure you that this is total nonsense. I give you my word on that. It's a fair and democratic system and, unfortunately, you either weren't nominated or you didn't receive enough votes. I hope you agree that this really isn't the fault of T2W. All I can say is better luck this year!

3. You should promote active threads that offer value to the readers ...........you should put the top ten threads that exceed 500,000 hits at the front page as it is obvious they are the best threads that benefit readers ...so promote them and keep the readers coming in !!
I feature a selection of threads each week in what was called 'Featured Discussions' section on the homepage and is now called 'In the Forums'. Your thread was last featured in the 3rd week of January this year and, as it happens, also appears at the time of writing. Listing the biggest threads is an interesting idea - thanks for suggesting it and I'll discuss it with Sharky & Co in due course.

4. Offer to pay the top ten bloggers some portion of the revenue you receive from your advertisements .......They post away tirelessly for no gain but to help others. I have an ill wife and a young child, but I still find time to post and help others.......
Well, I'm sure it would go down well in some quarters - but not in others. Bit of a Pandora's box I suspect, and it would represent a radical departure from the basic ethos of the site where everyone is equal. (the hare - if you're reading - no need to post your thoughts on this - save yourself the effort as I'm all too aware of your views! ;) )

RESPECT and giving people there due ............I never get the respect I deserve even though i forecast with 90% accuracy on my thread , day in day out , week in week out !!
FWIW, I know how you feel and I shouldn't wonder if the Mods feel the same way. If you think you get given grief by 'morons' on your thread - you should try doing what we do - we all have our crosses to bare!

I decided to leave Trade2win at one point but then I said never forget your roots ........I have learnt a lot from trade2win from my early days as a rookie trader, and I want to give that back to trade2win and want to help others achieve profitability and consistency in there trading
I notice you sport a vendor's badge and offer coaching. I imagine that some of the subscribers to your thread are also your clients which, hopefully, makes all the hard work you put into the thread worth the effort. Incidentally, this is one of the reasons why your payment idea is unlikely to be approved. I'm sure you're all too aware that not all members approve of vendors - even ones like yourself who are long standing contributors to the site who clearly add value.

If you have any other concerns you want to discuss - feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to address them.
Tim.

Let's see a statement. I have no respect for people who can't produce a statement. In fact I have disrepect for them.

I doubt anyone who actually trades gives a rat's @ss about your respect.

And you certainly have not earned any respect for yourself.

Peter

So which ones trade then ? Without seeings statements, I am not convinced they are.

It's a fair question Joe. Nobody in their right mind who has a good sized account would want to share that publicly for all sorts of reasons unless they are seriously unhinged.

OK - let me flip it round - you show me how well capitalised you are (i.e. proof of savings and other assets you can liquidate easily) and then I might start talking to you seriously.

Do you see the point and the futility of your request?

If by 'awards' you're referring to the Members Choice Awards held around Christmas each year - then there is a simple reason why you've not received an award. Members nominate who they want in each category and can then vote accordingly. The detractors will say it's all rigged and that only pet favourites win etc. I can categorically assure you that this is total nonsense. I give you my word on that. It's a fair and democratic system

I think you'll find that in a democracy the voters will be informed of how many votes each candidate got, something T2W has not done despite numerous requests, most recently today.

I think you'll find that in a democracy the voters will be informed of how many votes each candidate got, something T2W has not done despite numerous requests, most recently today.

To be fair, T2W isnt a democracy, its Mr Sharky's business.

The whole voting thing is generally a bit of a shambles, rules changing half way through etc.

What would be really nice is to see who voted for what, but its probably not going to happen.

lol with all due respect to t2w are these awards that important ? really who cares ...