Bear Market almost ready to resume ....... March 12, 2019 posted at ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warren,

In any event, I want you to remember this: bullmarket icons become BEAR market tyrants/devils/liars/reprobates.

Just remember I called you first and informed you of this turn aborning. Your reputation is about to drop off a cliff and you will never recover. Take steps outlined above by me to save yourself this disgrace.

Goodluck Warren

The elasticity of the 200-week ema demonstrated here as the battle between bulls and bears off of the coefficient of Restitution of the 200-wk ema of Dow Jones

:)Eeked a marginal higher close on weekly leaving the gap untrammeled. What does it imply? Who the heck knows!!? :)

1583876050479.png

The cats in London are gazing starry eyed at the skies hoping for salvation but theyare ignoring too much evidence - evidence that Fibo has pointed out repeatedly but HE is on Ignore

Royal Bank of Scotland, now bailed-out and majority state-owned, was the world’s biggest bank by assets.

Here’s how far the shares of Europe’s largest publicly traded banks by assets fell on Monday (and in parentheses: at today’s close, since February 17):
  • HSBC (UK): -4.82% (-17%)
  • BNP Paribas (France): -12% (-33%)
  • Credit Agricole (France): -16.9% (-42%)
  • Deutsche Bank (Germany): -13.6% (-38%)
  • Banco Santander (Spain): -12% (-30%)
  • Barclays (UK): -9.81% (-32%)
  • Société Générale (France): -17.65% (-41%)
  • Lloyds Bank (UK): -8% (-24%)
  • ING (Netherlands): -14% (-37%)

Cats in London fast asleep continued:

On Monday, the Stoxx 600 Banks index, which covers major European banks, plunged 13%. Today, after a knee-jerk bounce-back that then fizzled, the index closed essentially flat, back where it had been in March 2009. It has collapsed in a nearly straight line by 32% since February 17, when this latest Coronavirus-triggered sell-off began, and by 49% since January 24, 2018:

But it’s even worse: The Stoxx 600 bank index has collapsed by 82% since its peak in May 2007, after having quadrupled over the preceding 12 years.

Russia + Saudis wiped out US shale-oil sector investors in one day 50% losses

And some cats say Saudi Arabia is our ally. I've never trusted them not for one second. Burn 'em, Donald, burn 'em now.

Tourism is 10% of GDP in France, 13% in Italy, 15% in Spain. And Now it’s in Free Fall

Fibo only looks at PRICE when he makes his calls and analysis. Stuff like the above don't surprise or faze. PRICE has the capability to generate such levels of bizzrre-ness, its not wotrth my time contemplating the angles.

Fibo gets his cues from PRICE, then and only then watches and counts the days/weeks/months for the sh*t to hit the fan in the real world. Its akin to the thought process. Thoughts are on a different plane and manifest themselves on the physical plane, a plane much lower than where thought resides.

ditto for PRICE and fundamentals. Fundamentals are on the lower aka physical plane, Price is in the collective thought plane.
With that in mind, what I saw on the Price charts in one specific area, TRAVEL manifests itself much later in the following on the fundamental level

YAWN

• Delta Air Lines [DAL]: -28%
  • Southwest Airlines [LUV]: -18%
  • United Airlines [UAL]: -35%
  • American Airlines [AAL]: -42%
  • Alaska Air Group [ALK]: -34%
  • JetBlue Airways [JBLU]: -27%
  • Spirit Airlines [SAVE]: -49%

eye sores in San Francisco and Los Angeles akin to the ghost towns all over China - no end insight. REAL ghost towns

Oceanwide disclosed in a filing with the Shenzhen Stock Exchange

Oceanwide just can’t catch a break. At first, China’s capital controls and crackdown on fund-flows to foreign real estate projects made funding of its US projects impossible. And these projects ran out of money. But selling these unfinished far-behind-schedule and over-budget projects – San Francisco’s Oceanwide Center may require another $1 billion – is tough. And now the coronavirus is not only getting in the way of its Wuhan project, but also tangling up the sale of its San Francisco project.

The real fear in San Francisco and in Los Angeles has been for a while now that these mega-money-pits will remain unfinished lifeless construction eyesores in prime spots in the center for years to come.

Hey guys, better sit down and stap yourselves to the chair, this is serious business ............ my warnings about the intesnity of this particular BEAR market are playing out to a T. remember I had said all along from Jan 26, 2018 that this BEAR is a C-Wave and therefore destruction would be nonpareil. Concommitant would be the FEAR of the PUBLIC.

Here's the technicals first, then we look at some new stuff I saw today on the ground in Los Angeles, Califonia

The Cboe VIX boasted a nearly 300% year-to-date return at its peak on Tuesday

:):)

God, do I love this validation so!

My my my, all my work on the Vix, soooooo painstakingly done, much much scratching my head n consternation so many times ............ paying off in spades now = my trading style = do the work in advance, then enjoy the fruit of said work for months or years at the beach if so desired

quoted from author
the Cboe Volatility Index US:VIX, or VIX, hit its highest intraday level since 2008 on Monday, amid a stock market slump that also registered as the ugliest one-day plunge for the Dow Jones Industrial Average US:DJIA, the S&P 500 index US:SPX an the Nasdaq Composite Index US:COMP in 12 years.

continuing quote from author
But what’s arguably more impressive than the daily move for the gauge, that uses S&P 500 options to measure trader expectations for volatility in the coming 30-day period, is its year-to-date surge so far (see attached chart).

Compared against the move for the VIX at the same point this year in 2008, the differential between the two is dizzying. The VIX so far this year is on pace for a 280% surge, compared against a 108% return for the fear index in 2008—a period marked by the global proliferation of esoteric mortgage bonds and derivatives that brought world-wide financial markets to their knees and ushered in the 2007-09 recession.

--------------------------------------

Fasten seatbelts my friends, this BEAR is far more deadly than that of 2008.

The Fibo said at least 5 times, see T2W search engine for locations, something to the order of "2 degrees of trend higher than 2008 crash, or adult male Bear in his prime versus 2008 (handled by a Bear cub)

Its going to get mean, guys, really mean

For those of us with long memories coronovirus is just the next opportunity to make money

Coronovirus panic will bankrupt many but also create new millionaires and billionaires over the next year or so ...

Up to each individual .....eat or be eaten.....

Not my chart so I bow to the author of this el magnificente chart = sheer poetry for Fibo.

1583912981070.png

Fibo is now in Heaven!!!! :):)

For those of us with long memories coronovirus is just the next opportunity to make money

Coronovirus panic will bankrupt many but also create new millionaires and billionaires over the next year or so ...

Up to each individual .....eat or be eaten.....

The magnificent NVP is back. Well said, amigo. Thought you was banned, playing catch-up to my 6 red cards. :)

Just for the record and to state my position ultra clearly, when I called the BEAR there was no such thing as coronoa virus. And now while the world wallows in Corona fears, Fibo does not give a rat's ass about Corona. Continuing to state that its a NON_EVENT as said earlier here

Like I said, Corona is a non-event. trade boys trade

Stated on Feb 11th. No change in opinion.

No change except for outright laffter and mirth when I was at COSTCO today and saw all the sanitary towels and tissues being distributed and all the cats wearing face masks and the employees busy busy busy wiing down all freezer doors.

It was tooo much for Fibo to behold.

Bottomline:

:):)
Corona virus nailed everyone's ass except mine and NVP's

Hey FT.....

Not banned ....just been busy in markets ......

Yeah, I figured that amigo, this is a great time for you trading, you said and correctly so, up down no matter we nail all moves - this one though is quickest return on Capital at risk and dig this RISK is below zero :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Here's something that has escaped everyon'e attention here - as usual ................

Corona virus was reported first in December 31 (World Health Org.), CDC (centers for disease prevention) on Jan 6, and 1st story about China in NY Times on Jan 8. While all this was going on, the Hong Kong Hang Seng Index kept climbing and climbing totally ignoring the fuss. Only when it completed the wave did the market turn and deiliver a PRICE 5% decline. and boom! they said it was becasue of corona virus.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Remeber this chumps: the IQ of crowds is ower than 25. Even the biggest duffer at T2W is a genius compared to the corona virus or any other crowd. dig? :):):)

see post #58 and others in that same Corona virus thread for other stuff I said about the subject that has brought on so much mirth for me, so much that I can't stop lafffing. Everywhere I go I see cats weraing masks and just cannot stop laffing. Who benefits? Follow the Money. US Media organizations. Never report on a baby being born or a father providing for his family but on such sh8t they report on ad nauseum

Disgusting!

Never been a better time to travel and go on holiday - empty airplanes, hotels and whatnot. At Marriott you can have the entire floor to yourself, hahahahaha. On the plane you can stretch out in first class and have them place a king size bed in there on Cathay Pacific and they will do it as they are nearing bankruptcy.

Passengers are terrified of the recirculated AIR so don't want to fly

This then is MY HIGH SEASON!!! What a lovely time to go to Thigh_land .............. lone passenger?

Thanks BEAR for these goodies and mirth :)

Which one brings me more mirth, Corona or Islamaphobia threads? Both blow me into uncontrollable laffffter. :)

Back to work now

Status
Not open for further replies.