Article The Dow Theory: A History

T2W Bot

Staff member
1,454 54
Charles H. DowIt is interesting and amazing to note that not until Charles Dow started compiling the Dow Jones Industrial and Dow Jones Rail Index and started writing about the stock market a little over a hundred years ago, stock speculation was regarded merely as a game for the rich or as gambling for the brave. Sure, there were the tape readers, but the majority of the public regarded Wall Street as a source of excitement – the entertainment provided freely (unless you were on the wrong side) by figures such as Cornelius Vanderbilt, Jay Gould, and the infamous Daniel Drew.
In a series of stunning editorials for the Wall Street Journal at the turn of the century, Dow laid out the foundation of his own theory on the stock market. Among them were:

The market is always to be considered as having three movements, all going on at the same time.
The first thing to consider is the value of the stock in which the speculator proposes to trade, the second the direction of the...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

twiggytwo

206 4
A very very good article
a pity I cannot print in full page 1 and 2 to keep for my future reference
page 3 was a complete ok to print is it my computer and printer or T2W ?
twiglet

pssonice

Established member
900 12
nice abstract.

I missed a short explanation about what Dow theory can do for u in real live.

4 phases r describing investors behaviour acting,pausing,acting,pausing

Last edited: