T2W Bot

Staff member
1,454 55
Introduction
The strategy detailed in this
article was written almost two years ago and has been available on the forums
throughout that time. Since then, there have been many members of Trade2Win who
have commented on how it has improved their trading. Even today, two years on, the rules devised are still valid. There have been new "discoveries"- the magic 32 and 64 to name but one, and yet there are still mysteries that have to be resolved.
Even so, this document will probably stand the test of time, which is to help newbies get a feel for trading the Dow, and at the same time, stay in the game by way of capital preservation. It has given me great pleasure in receiving thanks from many members. Truly gratifying. This is just the beginning, do not despair, there IS light at the end of the tunnel. If this
instills some enthusiasm in your loins, you could do worse than reviewing all of the Dow Intraday threads from the archives of T2W where you will no doubt come across more...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

bansir

494 42
CM-Briliant, I really enjoyed reading through the examples. A fine distilation of your "hitchhikers guide" to trading the Dow. It even includes the famous "Don't Panic" (an exit) quotation.
Many thanks CM for sharing your work and all the effort you have put in.
Best Regards,
Neil

ardhill

263 4
Thanks Chartman

Great article, even for someone who doesn't trade the DOW. Some good ideas and information and very well detailed and presented.

I feel that if anyone is trying to write a trading plan for themselves, they can get some idea of how to detail their trade entries, exits, general management and of course money management for whetever their style or entry signals.

Thanks

PS.

I think that page 5 needs a bit of attention from one of the tech people.

I think a chart may be missing here?

"Flags$image5 caption="Figure 5" alt="Chart"}" [Thanks Ardhill - fixed now. Daniel]

TROMBONE

1 0
Thank you Chartman,
Now I shall try to apply this to my Dow trading. The comments on triangle formations are particularly interesting as I use them a lot. I know that it is difficult to say how long a piece of string is, but am curious as to what would be considered an average length of trade, using this method.

mkmohan

1 0
It is excellent. Thanks for a very good article.

ChartMan

Legendary member
5,580 46
Until you have reached a target..... T1 T2 etc. or you get taken out with a stop. Sometimes they fly, sometimes they just dither all day. I know some people exit after X minutes if their target or expectation is not met.

normab

1 0
Martin - I thank you for the very great amount of selfless work which you have obviously put into your article. As a small trader I look forward to putting into practise your ideas and methodology which you have laid out so clearly in your article and hope to meet with improved success, regards,

Mike Butcher ( mallorca)

Maxim

8 1
Great article,

I combine this strategy with the 123 high lows and the Ross Hook from Joe Ross.

Maxim

8 1
Also another strategy that combines almost perfectly is woodies CCI. CCI is not my kind of trading but these CCI setups are very helpfull in this strategy. It gives you just more information.

Last edited:

rjay

122 0
I'm currently paper trading this system and it would be really helpful to me (and no doubt others) if anyone who is trading this could say at what time they opened and closed their trades today (and the index prices) so that I can compare that with what I would have done. For example I would have gone short at 15:24BST at 10534 and exited at 16:40BST at 10516. Is that what you would have done ?

Last edited:

neil

Legendary member
5,167 746
Ym

rjay said:
I'm currently paper trading this system and it would be really helpful to me (and no doubt others) if anyone who is trading this could say at what time they opened and closed their trades today (and the index prices) so that I can compare that with what I would have done. For example I would have gone short at 15:24BST at 10534 and exited at 16:40BST at 10516. Is that what you would have done ?
Consider this 5 min. chat - 100ema is shown. How would you trade YM thus far? ;)

Attachments

rjay

122 0
I work off 1minute charts so I wouldn't know about this .... what am I looking at ? What is YM ?