Ats eod

Important information

Hi all, thank you Peter for starting this, I am another mug, so add me to the list. I have reported this to the police through the web site.

The reason for my posting is to pass on some information to anyone that may have paid for this rubbish with a credit card.

My situation started in May of this year, same named and pushy sales. because of this pushy sales tactic I paid the deposit by credit card 10% of the first years £5k and then the rest by bank transfer. then a payment, bank transfer for the share data (life time?).

After I came back from holidays in October the phone line and emails address for ATS all non responsive. I then contacted my credit card company to see if I could recover my deposit, the bank did offer me the refund of the deposit as full and final settlement very quickly but I had already started my research. I recommend that anyone in this position reads the Consumer Credit Act 1974, Consumer Rights Act 2015, Misrepresentation Act 1967. The Which web pages and the Financial Ombudsman Service Issue 31 dealing with the liability of the credit card (banks) under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Section 75 makes the Credit Card (bank) jointly and severally liable with the suppler for the losses of the purchaser. The bank have now agreed to refund me the full purchase cost of the system plus interest of the monies. The bank becomes liable through association as the bank acquired the ATS as a partner and because part of the purchase was made with a Credit Card they become liable for the full purchase price. The share data purchase was not covered as it did not appear on the sales invoice.

Sorry this is so long winded but for all of you in the same position as me go for it, as I have just received full refund from Credit Card (bank) company.

Best of Luck and I hope the police get moving on this as there is a lot of info out there.

Hi all, thank you Peter for starting this, I am another mug, so add me to the list. I have reported this to the police through the web site.

The reason for my posting is to pass on some information to anyone that may have paid for this rubbish with a credit card.

My situation started in May of this year, same named and pushy sales. because of this pushy sales tactic I paid the deposit by credit card 10% of the first years £5k and then the rest by bank transfer. then a payment, bank transfer for the share data (life time?).

After I came back from holidays in October the phone line and emails address for ATS all non responsive. I then contacted my credit card company to see if I could recover my deposit, the bank did offer me the refund of the deposit as full and final settlement very quickly but I had already started my research. I recommend that anyone in this position reads the Consumer Credit Act 1974, Consumer Rights Act 2015, Misrepresentation Act 1967. The Which web pages and the Financial Ombudsman Service Issue 31 dealing with the liability of the credit card (banks) under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Section 75 makes the Credit Card (bank) jointly and severally liable with the suppler for the losses of the purchaser. The bank have now agreed to refund me the full purchase cost of the system plus interest of the monies. The bank becomes liable through association as the bank acquired the ATS as a partner and because part of the purchase was made with a Credit Card they become liable for the full purchase price. The share data purchase was not covered as it did not appear on the sales invoice.

Sorry this is so long winded but for all of you in the same position as me go for it, as I have just received full refund from Credit Card (bank) company.

Best of Luck and I hope the police get moving on this as there is a lot of info out there.

I did not use a credit card for my payments, I did everything via bank transfer. So would I and of course others here be covered just by using a transfer?

To my understanding of the Consumer Credit Act you have to have used a credit relationship eg consumer-credit supplier-supplier. I am not a solicitor or have no law qualifications but very lucky to have used credit for a deposit as part payment for this system. All I can do is recommend the reading, especially the Which web site on Section 75 and the FOS issue 31. If I can give any advice or information please contact me. As I said I am not an expert but just luck.

morning dave , i phoned them , just gather all your info up , the call was about an hour long , id rather speak to someone than fill in a huge form , the line can be quite busy , there are a lot of scumbags out there ripping people off these days unfortunately.watchdog i think it was last week touched on these set ups in and around london ,

Hi Peter in order I get through to the same department as your good self, do you have the telephone number please?

evening all , i, as like 20MDK58 went to my bank weeks ago to see if there was anything i could do , and today i had a full refund , so the info posted by 20MDK58 is what you need to do .
i paid the deposit on a credit card the other by bank transfer , it is a long process and a lot of info is required ,but we have been refunded so go for it guys .

Morning Peter

I have just been sorting through my credit card statements and it appears I paid a deposit of £50, I wonder if this qualifies me for a full refund.

yes it will dave , either go into the bank or give them a call , id go in , well thats what i did , get the ball rolling , the rest was done via e mail

Thanks very much for the information regarding Visa refunding this. I have a bit of a different situation and was wondering if I could get some input. I used my Visa DEBIT card and the rules there are a bit different. What I need to do now is to prove

They were offering an ongoing service - I hope some of the documentation will show this

That the company no longer exists - Aside from the website and phones no longer working, do we have any proof of this? Does anyone even know what it was registered under? Jarvis Investment? ATS?

Thanks... hoping for a happy outcome here

I thought things were too good to be true....Phoned my credit card company and it transpires that £50 doesn't qualify for any refund! However had I paid £100 or more then I would have been covered.

Aw well just my luck! :(

evening all , i, as like 20MDK58 went to my bank weeks ago to see if there was anything i could do , and today i had a full refund , so the info posted by 20MDK58 is what you need to do .
i paid the deposit on a credit card the other by bank transfer , it is a long process and a lot of info is required ,but we have been refunded so go for it guys .

Hi Peter I like you paid the deposit on Barclaycard and then made an online transfer from my Barclays account. Are you saying both of these costs can be recovered?

On what grounds did you make the claim? Did you tell the bank it was a scam or that they went into liquidation?

I would be extremely grateful for your input and how you started making the claim.

Many thanks

well i dont think they have gone into liquidation, they just vanished after promising the earth getting our money ,telling a pack of lies , so in my eyes its a scam /fraud , told the bank exactly what happened , they did the rest had to send them the proof of the transactions , took about 5 weeks , but also reported it to the fraud office , trading standards .
as above go int your bank and start it off , itll be the deposit first paid on the credit card . then the rest if you have proof of the payment

Bank misinfo

Hi every one,
below are some links to sites. Very important read.
It you paid any amount by Credit Card the bank are liable for the total invoice amount as long as the purchase was between £100 and £30,000 eg £50 deposit total invoice £5000. Bank are liable. So David your bank are incorrect, read below Which link gives example.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...rds-31.htm#316

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...mer-credit-act

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/39/section/75

well i dont think they have gone into liquidation, they just vanished after promising the earth getting our money ,telling a pack of lies , so in my eyes its a scam /fraud , told the bank exactly what happened , they did the rest had to send them the proof of the transactions , took about 5 weeks , but also reported it to the fraud office , trading standards .
as above go int your bank and start it off , itll be the deposit first paid on the credit card . then the rest if you have proof of the payment

Didn't you say in your first post they were being wound up?

from my early investigation after they vanished , they didnt submit any tax return this year , company house had some info but not much , and as long as someone has objected to the closure then they cant wind it up , which is what has happened . so not only us i imagine the tax man are looking for this lot.
after the non payment they issue a date to be wound up , but if someone objects then its put on hold.
thats where the scam / fraud part comes into it , they knew that things were going down , so basically got in as much money as poss by offering the silly deals we all fell for prior to doing a runner

from my early investigation after they vanished , they didnt submit any tax return this year , company house had some info but not much , and as long as someone has objected to the closure then they cant wind it up , which is what has happened . so not only us i imagine the tax man are looking for this lot.
after the non payment they issue a date to be wound up , but if someone objects then its put on hold.
thats where the scam / fraud part comes into it , they knew that things were going down , so basically got in as much money as poss by offering the silly deals we all fell for prior to doing a runner

Thanks Richard, can you please tell me the company name used for registration at Companies House? It's registered addess?

Hi every one,
below are some links to sites. Very important read.
It you paid any amount by Credit Card the bank are liable for the total invoice amount as long as the purchase was between £100 and £30,000 eg £50 deposit total invoice £5000. Bank are liable. So David your bank are incorrect, read below Which link gives example.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...rds-31.htm#316

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...mer-credit-act

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/39/section/75

Many thanks for your advice my friend.

There may be still a problem in the way that I paid my money to ATS, being that I paid a £50 deposit using an RBS credit card, then transfered the remaining balance from my Barclays current account.