Ats eod

hello this is my first thread , and unfortunately its not a good news one .
got talked into parting with a lot of money a few months ago by the above .
advanced trading systems, so called based in london.
then last week they just totally disappeared , no contact either by phone or e mail .
its been a week now and nothing , there must be others out there in the uk that have been ripped off by this company , i feel ive been conned into this as looking at the company through companies house , they were being wound up as they hadnt submitted the tax payment by may so companies house gave them 2 months to sort it out or be closed .
i hope i can find anyone else who is in the same situation where maybe we can do something or even stop these scammers from doing it again , because the way i see it atm is theyll probably lie low for a few weeks then start it up again

Hi Peter,
Glad I've found you and the others here. Myself and two others that I found via Twitter have suffered the same fate. That said we have all opened Action Fraud cases with the police (http://actionfraud.police.uk/) and at first got replies saying that they were in need of more evidence to pursue the case. I ended up making some further investigations (along with the others) and we found via Companies House that the action to close down ATS1 is 'suspended'. I managed to find out that there registered address in 2 Puddle Dock is a virtual office, the services for which were being administered by Regus Ltd at the time. Turns out after speaking to a lady at Regus that their legal department is pursuing ATS1 for unpaid services. I updated my action fraud case with further relevant information but it will ultimately need the police to pursue it. Can I please urge everyone affected to log an action fraud case ASAP. The more of us they see the quicker the police will go after them.

regards,
John

Hi every one,
below are some links to sites. Very important read.
It you paid any amount by Credit Card the bank are liable for the total invoice amount as long as the purchase was between £100 and £30,000 eg £50 deposit total invoice £5000. Bank are liable. So David your bank are incorrect, read below Which link gives example.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...rds-31.htm#316

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...mer-credit-act

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/39/section/75

Sorry about my late reply 20MDK58, but I had almost completely given up the ghost trying to recover my money.

The facts are is that I paid a £50 deposit via an RBS Mint credit card in September 2015 followed by a bank transfer paid from my Barclays account. What I fail to see here is how can RBS Mint be liable for the full amount, should it not be Barclays?

I really appreciate your advice and I am willing to give this one more shot, that's of course if I am still eligible given that over a year now has lapsed.

Regards
David

Seems that the person/s that was updating http://stockmarketdata.net/ is either on holiday still or isn't bothered about honoring the lifetime service that people here have paid for.

I sincerely hope that whoever it is returns very soon to updating the EOD, as that person will have to be reported to the Fraud Squad as well, that's of course if people here have not done so already! ;)

hi david thanks for sticking with us , my dealing were done through the halifax , thats the initial deposit of £500, and the rest by bank transfer, its the deposit that kicks this off on the card . i cant see how it should make any difference that your payments were with different banks , get them talking to each other, tell them the results we have had .

hi david thanks for sticking with us , my dealing were done through the halifax , thats the initial deposit of £500, and the rest by bank transfer, its the deposit that kicks this off on the card . i cant see how it should make any difference that your payments were with different banks , get them talking to each other, tell them the results we have had .

Peter, all, some help please. Looking back over everything now, my scenario is that I paid £50 deposit to ATS via my Nationwide Current Account (Paid over phone using Visa Debit Card). The rest of the money (£4400)to get on-board was transferred to the ATS bank account from our 2nd account, which is with Lloyds Bank. The money for the StockMarket Data was also taken from my Nationwide Current Account. How does this stand up for trying to retrieve monies under consumer protection etc, that now look to be getting taken from me fraudulently? :rolleyes:

Which has a link which touches on debit card type payments here when scammed (which it is becoming clear seems to have happened to us all): http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-to-get-your-money-back-after-a-scam

I truly hope these scumbags get lifted and punished.

Last edited:
Peter, all, some help please. Looking back over everything now, my scenario is that I paid £50 deposit to ATS via my Nationwide Current Account (Paid over phone using Visa Debit Card). The rest of the money (£4400)to get on-board was transferred to the ATS bank account from our 2nd account, which is with Lloyds Bank. The money for the StockMarket Data was also taken from my Nationwide Current Account. How does this stand up for trying to retrieve monies under consumer protection etc, that now look to be getting taken from me fraudulently? :rolleyes:

Which has a link which touches on debit card type payments here when scammed (which it is becoming clear seems to have happened to us all): http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-to-get-your-money-back-after-a-scam

I truly hope these scumbags get lifted and punished.
go and ask both john mention section 75 to both they should then with a bit of luck instigate the process mine took about 4-5 weeks youll have to give them pretty much everything , but what i didnt have was this thread which you could use to help you

go and ask both john mention section 75 to both they should then with a bit of luck instigate the process mine took about 4-5 weeks youll have to give them pretty much everything , but what i didnt have was this thread which you could use to help you

Thanks Peter. I'll proceed with this tomorrow. I think that now that there's pretty clear evidence we are being scammed (elaborate scam as it is) out of our 'money back guarantees', the banks should see that an ongoing, paid for support service has been stripped from me without any notification at all, not to mention the lies they've spun before disappearing. Is there anything else you'd recommend mentioning to them, other than the large amount of people affected here on the forum and my action fraud case?

Thanks for your quick reply BTW. :)

after reading the thread the elephant in the room is the total lack of any due diligence carried out on this outfit before committing funds.

it looks very much like they've deliberately (fraudulently?) attempted to give themselves the appearance they've been around a while and have history.

red flag 1
their website states copyright dates 2004-2016 alluding to age. scratch the surface a little and it is quite clear that although the website did begin in 2004 and although financial, it appears american based. it ceased and became defunct 2012, sat on the shelf gathering dust before rebirth in 2015 to what appears to be different ownership. a possible reality then that the website was only months old, with no track record of longevity or indeed investment prowess when many of you got involved.

red flag 2
the company appears to have age also with incorporation in 2004. scratch the surface and it is easily seen to be a shell created by and sat on the shelf of Buy-This-Company-Name.Com gathering dust for 10 plus years! before being renamed from analytical LTD to ATS WORLDWIDE LIMITED to match the website they'd just purchased.

all in the public domain and courtesy of mr google.

good luck everyone caught by this :clover:

Hi Peter,

Looking through all this information, I feel like there's a glimmer of hope. I paid a £50 deposit on my VISA barclaycard, and the balance with a bank transfer from my Barclays current account. Looks like section 75 covers me. Would I be making my claim from Barclays or Barclaycard?

Still encouraging as many people as possible to lodge a case with Action Fraud. There are definite lines of enquiry the police should be making!

thank you lightening , appreciate your input , not sure about the others here , but im not that computer literate , i did as much of a search as i could , i found that it was called analitical a few years ago , but what sold it for me was a few posts in a forum where a strategically placed thread and e mail addy was placed knowing that the likes of me would find it , i did and sent the fella a message where his reply was what i wanted to hear , i then went ahead and parted with the money . but alarm bells were ringing even then as i sent him a message to say ive done it , but no reply .
once in its hard then to really question the guys on the phone as you really dont know anything about the business but there to learn , so many times i felt like ripping into this mark fella but didnt , as i didnt want to **** him off , but he knows this and just kept fobbing me off , and basically using me and my money to benefit the stocks that they had , so get my money in then sell the ones they had .the terminology "pump and dump" again againsed the law. so the whole set up was a scam .
john i think thats it mate good luck , a bit of patience is needed but should come out on your side

thank you lightening , appreciate your input , not sure about the others here , but im not that computer literate , i did as much of a search as i could , i found that it was called analitical a few years ago , but what sold it for me was a few posts in a forum where a strategically placed thread and e mail addy was placed knowing that the likes of me would find it , i did and sent the fella a message where his reply was what i wanted to hear , i then went ahead and parted with the money . but alarm bells were ringing even then as i sent him a message to say ive done it , but no reply .
once in its hard then to really question the guys on the phone as you really dont know anything about the business but there to learn , so many times i felt like ripping into this mark fella but didnt , as i didnt want to **** him off , but he knows this and just kept fobbing me off , and basically using me and my money to benefit the stocks that they had , so get my money in then sell the ones they had .the terminology "pump and dump" again againsed the law. so the whole set up was a scam .
john i think thats it mate good luck , a bit of patience is needed but should come out on your side

It would appear that forum posts/adverts are deleted so cannot view as yet their modus operandi on that.

February 2015 their website has a site coming soon message. their site proper makes first appearance in march 2015.

scroll down their march 2015 website capture and you find their testimonials. Jonathan M. Landscape Gardener is an interesting one as it says “I’ve always earned a decent income, but with living expenses constantly rising I was never able to put money away. I started using ATS and after the first year I had £10,000 in savings sitting in my bank account” a bit odd as we can clearly see they've only just started their company and website, that one appears suspect in view of their timeline :whistling.

does anyone know of or heard of a hong kong connection? did they have another name prior to ats? what does the copyright say on the software you bought from them?

It would appear that forum posts/adverts are deleted so cannot view as yet their modus operandi on that.

February 2015 their website has a site coming soon message. their site proper makes first appearance in march 2015.

scroll down their march 2015 website capture and you find their testimonials. Jonathan M. Landscape Gardener is an interesting one as it says “I’ve always earned a decent income, but with living expenses constantly rising I was never able to put money away. I started using ATS and after the first year I had £10,000 in savings sitting in my bank account” a bit odd as we can clearly see they've only just started their company and website, that one appears suspect in view of their timeline :whistling.

does anyone know of or heard of a hong kong connection? did they have another name prior to ats? what does the copyright say on the software you bought from them?
not sure about the hong kong connection , a few times when i had an appointment booked and it didnt come on time the excuse was the head office hong kong was either in or had something going on, again all lies

not sure about the hong kong connection , a few times when i had an appointment booked and it didnt come on time the excuse was the head office hong kong was either in or had something going on, again all lies

yes quite possibly lies, I only asked because hong kong is mentioned in a pr.com promotional press release which is nicely timed with their march website launch. also promoting their move? but they've only just started!! and mention of their impressive growth, but how did they grow with no adverts or website prior to march 2015??

London, United Kingdom, March 05, 2015 --(PR.com)-- ATS is a software development company based at Puddle Dock in Blackfriars, London. They produce and utilise a range of leading trading tools, including the ATS 1Trader Software. ATS has its headquarters in Hong Kong and have recently relocated their London office on the back of some impressive growth last year. Part of their success comes down to the structured approach to trading that they offer their clients.

yes quite possibly lies, I only asked because hong kong is mentioned in a pr.com promotional press release which is nicely timed with their march website launch. also promoting their move? but they've only just started!! and mention of their impressive growth, but how did they grow with no adverts or website prior to march 2015??
what was it mark told me 14 years or something like that when i asked him a bit about how long they had been going,

Hi Peter,
I've started the process tonight for the bigger sum of money we transferred with Lloyds Bank. I quoted what has happened and how we now look to getting scammed after a year of being strung along. I mentioned section 75 but because of the time lapse and because of the nature of how the money went (via faster payment bank transfer), a 'payment in error' process is being completed for me. A nice lady at Lloyds spoke with her call centre manger and said this is apparently the option we need to go down. This will look to try and retrieve the money back from the beneficiaries of the Merto account associated with ATS. She pointed out that there's no cast iron guarantee the money will be retrieved but that it is certainly done on a best efforts basis between the banks. I hope they come through for me. At least something is happening and I wasn't just fobbed off by them on calling, given the time that's elapsed with this elaborate scam.
I also told Lloyds that my initial deposit came from Nationwide and I'll be contacting them tomorrow too. I wanted to go at the bigger, more important value of money with Lloyds first. They've taken my Action Fraud case ref down too to pass on to Metro bank as part of the process, maybe Metro wi'll already be aware that there have been dodgy goings on, if others here have already been reimbursed through them.
I'll update my action fraud report with the payment in reference error tonight.
Hope there's a silver lining to all this. :clover:

Ps, I've been told that it can take 20 working days to be notified by post of the outcome.

John

Hi Peter,
I've started the process tonight for the bigger sum of money we transferred with Lloyds Bank. I quoted what has happened and how we now look to getting scammed after a year of being strung along. I mentioned section 75 but because of the time lapse and because of the nature of how the money went (via faster payment bank transfer), a 'payment in error' process is being completed for me. A nice lady at Lloyds spoke with her call centre manger and said this is apparently the option we need to go down. This will look to try and retrieve the money back from the beneficiaries of the Merto account associated with ATS. She pointed out that there's no cast iron guarantee the money will be retrieved but that it is certainly done on a best efforts basis between the banks. I hope they come through for me. At least something is happening and I wasn't just fobbed off by them on calling, given the time that's elapsed with this elaborate scam.
I also told Lloyds that my initial deposit came from Nationwide and I'll be contacting them tomorrow too. I wanted to go at the bigger, more important value of money with Lloyds first. They've taken my Action Fraud case ref down too to pass on to Metro bank as part of the process, maybe Metro wi'll already be aware that there have been dodgy goings on, if others here have already been reimbursed through them.
I'll update my action fraud report with the payment in reference error tonight.
Hope there's a silver lining to all this. :clover:

Ps, I've been told that it can take 20 working days to be notified by post of the outcome.

John
ok john good luck , the only thing i can mention from what you did today ,in relation to me is the card payment the deposit , that triggered the other amount , so the card was first that was put under way then the larger amount after , seemed to be in my case two different people dealing with it

Hi Peter,
Yes sure. I'll make Nationwide aware that it was the payment from them that started with process. At least something with the bank is started. I guess if it turns sour I'll be able to raise a complaint and then through the financial ombudsman if required. I sincerely hope I can avoid all that though. Crime ref case is updated with the detail.

I hope that collectively we are all helping to close in on the ATS scumbags. Just need the police to do their bit now.

John

Hi Peter,
Yes sure. I'll make Nationwide aware that it was the payment from them that started with process. At least something with the bank is started. I guess if it turns sour I'll be able to raise a complaint and then through the financial ombudsman if required. I sincerely hope I can avoid all that though. Crime ref case is updated with the detail.

I hope that collectively we are all helping to close in on the ATS scumbags. Just need the police to do their bit now.

John

Surprise, surprise, Lloyds have sent me a letter saying that they've completed investigations into payments that left my account and have contacted the receiving bank/s. They are saying that on this occasion they have been unable to to retrieve my money. The letter has come back within days (was told it can take up to 20 days). I guess it's financial ombudsman time for me then. Grrr:mad:

concentrate on the nationwide john , if they come through lloyds will have to follow, keep quoting section 75

Hi Peter,
Sure, will do. In respect of Lloyds though I expected as much since they are one of the worst at pulling their fingers out where lost money is concerned. There is is a free 24/7 phone number for the fraud operations department on the paperwork that came. Should I call them up and ask what they have actually done (whilst quoting section 75)? Someone back at Metro Bank must surely be able to see who is linked to the ATS account. I'm also not convinced that they have actually bothered to go and investigate (it seems far too quick since last week) Also, should I ask for the letter of deadlock and look to take this to the FO as a matter of course anyway?