Asian Coronavirus Outbreak

It seems our virus has been mis-named, after all.

Government statistics seem to reveal that the virus disproportionately kills those persons with better natural protection from the ravages of ultraviolet radiation.

[yes, that's woke-speak in order to avoid use of any perfectly ordinary terms that anybody could claim were offensive]

Of course, the stats are a complete load of b*llocks when deliberately mis-represented in this way for political spin.

What I'm quite confident a more enlightened analysis of the data will reveal, is that the virus, not being of itself minded to the nuances of human prejudice or politics, probably very simply kills more poorer and disadvantaged people with less access to adequate shelter, clean water and a healthy nutritious balanced diet.

Gosh, now won't that be a surprise !

😷

I understand that this is due to persons with better natural protection from the ravages of ultraviolet radiation having a lower ability to produce vitamin D than the melanin challenged. Studies have shown vitamin D to reduce risk of COVID-19.

Studies in very hot countries, such as Saudi, show that the general population has a deficiency of vitamin D because of lack of exposure to sunlight, they are always covered (often head to toe) and sit indoors in air conditioning or out of the searing sunlight for most of the year.

People in the UK or US are deficient due to office working and general lack of exposing themselves to the sun for fear of skin cancer. But more and more Westerners are aware of Vit D and take supplements during Winter and then expose themselves at the first sign of sunlight, or are prescribed Vit D by doctors as GPs become more aware of the deficiency in the general population. Unfortunately darker skinned people who are not aware of the deficiency won't be taking supplements and will take far longer to naturally generate Vit D when the sun does shine, if they expose themselves to sunlight.

Modern food production over the last 70 years has mostly stripped D3 from modern diets. All products of the modern world.

I've not seen studies on populations that are still living more of a natural lifestyle and Vit D, eg Africans without modern amenities such as air-con, or anywhere in the tropics, there doesn't appear to be a problem in these areas as the population, despite their darker skins are often living outdoors lifestyles all year round and they are less likely to be able to afford modern amenities such as air-con and are required to work in agriculture to feed themselves, as they always have done and are therefore receiving a daily dose of sunlight (Vit D).

Last edited:
Studies in very hot countries, such as Saudi, show that the general population has a deficiency of vitamin D because of lack of exposure to sunlight, they are always covered (often head to toe) and sit indoors in air conditioning or out of the searing sunlight for most of the year.

People in the UK or US are deficient due to office working and general lack of exposing themselves to the sun for fear of skin cancer.

All products of the modern world.

I've not seen studies on populations that are still living more of a natural lifestyle and Vit D, eg Africans without modern amenities such as air-con, or anywhere in the tropics, there doesn't appear to be a problem in these areas as the population, despite their darker skins are often licing outdoors lifestyles as they are less likely to be able to afford modern amenities such as air-con and are required to work in agriculture to feed themselves, as they always have done.

I was referring specifically to Europe where having dark skin does appear to increase likelihood of vitamin D deficiency and where the higher rate of African and Asian COVID-19 deaths in comparison to Europeans have been observed.

Below are returned in search results along with many others:

I was referring specifically to Europe where having dark skin does appear to increase likelihood of vitamin D deficiency and where the higher rate of African and Asian COVID-19 deaths in comparison to Europeans have been observed.

Below are returned in search results along with many others:

Agreed, put it into context with the RoW and we don't have a racist virus at all, but a new co-morbidity that not many have been aware of, dark skinned people need to pay much more attention to this issue as a matter of concern.

Compare and contrast.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coronavirus: jailed for breaching Isle of Man lockdown rules
Driving during lockdown 3 weeks Jail
Walking dog during lockdown 3 weeks Jail : Consecutive terms.

They later discovered Skillicorn had gone to his grandfather's home to pick up his dog before driving to Port Grainagh beach to walk it for "two to three hours".
He was sentenced to 21 days in prison for each offence, to be served consecutively.

These stories are total fabrications designed to scare you into accepting tyranny
Fake stories
Fake pandemic
Real tyranny
What is the real story then?
People arrested on Isle of man for breaking lockdown rules, it is documented many times from MANY different sources THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED.
And these as well.
Coronavirus: Two jailed for breaking Isle of Man lockdown rules

Coronavirus: Four jailed for breaching Isle of Man lockdown rules

What is the real story then?
People arrested on Isle of man for breaking lockdown rules, it is documented many times from MANY different sources THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

'These stories are total fabrications designed to scare you into accepting tyranny'

You answered your own question by quoting me.

MANY different sources

You can choose to believe MM if you want to. Calling me an idiot while defending the BBC is not a good look. Typing things in capitals doesn't validate your belief system. Neither does it whitewash the reputation of proven liars.

A more open minded person might have pushed me for a bit more information as to why I would state that so confidently. Instead, you chose to post a 3 second cartoon which indicates the level you are at in this exchange.

Don't act like a troll. Your belief system got challeged and you got angry. That is not the path to wisdom.

You don't get to call me an idiot in public without, at the very least, making a pretty good case for it. But you have no case beyond emphatically repeating what you have been told to believe.

Please withdraw that unwarranted insult or if you cannot act like a gentleman, I think it best we ignore each other.

BBC Click I thought was really good this Sunday. It was around apps, Iceland and the Covid-19 response. Worth watching. https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b006m9ry/click

1. At another level, I'm reading reports that infection rates are higher and seem to take place at home rather than outside. Hence, the policy - lockdown for everyone to stay at home is probably increasing the contagion rate as people are confined into small contained spaces.

2. The previous blogs around Vitamin D and it's benefits and lack of consequences reducing our immune systems is almost giving the Covid 19 to work its magic. Transmission rates are much lower outside.

SO... one might imagine quite the opposite actions should be taken.

I don't mean bars and clubs should all be opened but areas like garden centres or DIY and other stores certainly with the same type of rules as used at supermarkets to manage risk of contagion.

Now we have so much information new assessments and rules should be put in place. I'm not clear if the fall in the infections are down to all these daft rules put in place which I don't agree with or simply because the Crona/Flu season is pretty much over with the weather warming up. Anyone looking at the numbers in Africa and Latin America can see Covid-19 doesn't seem to like warm weather to me...

One other point I've read that the infection rate is 1.3 x greater than the regular annual crona which means more to me than the heightened talk about the R value.

1. At another level, I'm reading reports that infection rates are higher and seem to take place at home rather than outside. Hence, the policy - lockdown for everyone to stay at home is probably increasing the contagion rate as people are confined into small contained spaces......

This is the sort of logic...................

Absolutely ridiculous that people on the beaches are likely to catch it. Brisk salty breazes will blow it away but not 50 metres plus, I expect.

Absolutely ridiculous that people on the beaches are likely to catch it. Brisk salty breazes will blow it away but not 50 metres plus, I expect.

Agree Pat.

One would imagine people just sitting outside on greens or beaches meters apart of greater health benefit than stuffy indoors with lack of sunlight.

So many things wrong with our approach. Click mentioned that the two most developed countries; US and UK were the ones least prepared and still trailing decisions and actions taken by other nations.

Testing, identifying and isolation, focusing ones effort on the vulnerable at high risk seems to be a logical no brainer to me. Successful responses the Germans and Icelanders who applied to good effect.

Even the Government new brain waive about quarantining new arrivals to UK for 14 days now as if it's not something we've been doing up until recently is mind boggling. Right now, the brains and experts sitting around the cabinet tables, discussing these points on their agenda - which one may have thought they'd have worked through back in January.

Our cabinet - clear to see on response to Covid - are a bunch of daft stuffy fookers imo. Not exactly best of Britain are they?

Same fookers who brought you Brexit. Yeah I know, don't all shout at once. Wait your turn and you'll see soon enough.

Hi At'
. . . Our cabinet - clear to see on response to Covid - are a bunch of daft stuffy fookers imo. Not exactly best of Britain are they?
Somewhat reluctantly, I have to agree.
Bojo and his cabinet started out well, but were then swayed by the now infamous Prof. Neil Ferguson and his useless computer model suggesting half a million deaths if we did nothing. A model we now understand to be over a decade old and created in response to another virus. As they say: crap in, crap out . No science behind it at all, just opinion based on flawed assumptions and very limited data. This could well prove to be the Tories' undoing and let Labour in at the next general election. Suffice to say, it's an unmitigated disaster, IMO.

Same fookers who brought you Brexit. Yeah I know, don't all shout at once. Wait your turn and you'll see soon enough.
Allow me to be the first to jump in, please! There's little comparison to be made between the government's response to Brexit and their response to Covid. The former was a clear mandate from the electorate which they did everything in their power to undermine and veto. Fortunately, (for everyone), they failed. The latter is a knee jerk reaction to a fast developing situation whose waters have been further muddied by a PM who got very ill with the virus and by an incompetent quasi scientist (Ferguson) providing grossly misleading advice. Whilst I have every sympathy for BoJo regarding the former, he deserves all the criticism he gets for the latter. Surely, in this day and age, when any so called 'expert' makes radical proposals, the first thing any responsible government / minister does is to question who the expert is, what their credentials are and, most importantly of all, their track record to date. Clearly, few - if any - of these checks and balances were made.
Tim.

Hi At'

Somewhat reluctantly, I have to agree.
Bojo and his cabinet started out well, but were then swayed by the now infamous Prof. Neil Ferguson and his useless computer model suggesting half a million deaths if we did nothing. A model we now understand to be over a decade old and created in response to another virus. As they say: crap in, crap out . No science behind it at all, just opinion based on flawed assumptions and very limited data. This could well prove to be the Tories' undoing and let Labour in at the next general election. Suffice to say, it's an unmitigated disaster, IMO.

Allow me to be the first to jump in, please! There's little comparison to be made between the government's response to Brexit and their response to Covid. The former was a clear mandate from the electorate which they did everything in their power to undermine and veto. Fortunately, (for everyone), they failed. The latter is a knee jerk reaction to a fast developing situation whose waters have been further muddied by a PM who got very ill with the virus and by an incompetent quasi scientist (Ferguson) providing grossly misleading advice. Whilst I have every sympathy for BoJo regarding the former, he deserves all the criticism he gets for the latter. Surely, in this day and age, when any so called 'expert' makes radical proposals, the first thing any responsible government / minister does is to question who the expert is, what their credentials are and, most importantly of all, their track record to date. Clearly, few - if any - of these checks and balances were made.
Tim.

You are not quite seeing reality dear Tim,

The fookers in the Cabinet are key Eurosceptic leaders who have all been rewarded for backing the right horse out of political expediency as opposed to National interest. BJob our PM is primary candidate who took out a well considered weekend to jump sides.

The people merely followed the leaders as they made better argument of promising the earth and pissing all over other peoples good work. Cheap talk, and we still await delivery of promises. Always better to criticise and focus light on peoples angst than deliver good hard work effort numpties take for granted. Think about it.

Coming to our current predicament with the Covid-19 response, whilst you now may think this is all over, the unions and many other numpties out there want assurances before going back to work. Our current crop of cabinet leaders have done another good job of selling BS.

You may think you are clued up but others will be looking at extending 80% wages furlough further yet.

Promise them the World and they will buy your hype-shiite.

Last edited:
Agreed, put it into context with the RoW and we don't have a racist virus at all, but a new co-morbidity that not many have been aware of, dark skinned people need to pay much more attention to this issue as a matter of concern.
My main point was exactly that. Viruses are not racists- that's an exclusively human trait !

But Vitamin D deficiency? - really? In a country where it's added to everything from bread flour to milk powder, that's a stretch, lol.
If you ate too much breakfast cereal, you'd be in serious danger of vitamin overdose !

Not buying that theory- it defies simple common sense.

😷

You are not quite seeing reality dear Tim,
Are you sure, I beg to differ! ;-)

The fookers in the Cabinet are key Eurosceptic leaders who have all been rewarded for backing the right horse out of political expediency as opposed to National interest. BJob our PM is primary candidate who took out a well considered weekend to jump sides.
Well, it may be that they did what they did for political expediency and personal interest, and the national interest may just be a bye-product, but in the national interest it surely is, IMO.

The people merely followed the leaders as they made better argument of promising the earth and pissing all over other peoples good work.
"Better argument", agreed. "Other peoples good work [joining / remaining in the EU]", I'm afraid you've lost me there!

Cheap talk, and we still await delivery of promises.
True. Although, assuming we part from the EU as planned at the end of the year, then they'll have delivered.

Always better to criticise and focus light on peoples angst than deliver good hard work effort numpties take for granted. Think about it.
Yep, thought about it long and hard for the last four years, lol!

Coming to our current predicament with the Covid-19 response, whilst you now may think this is all over, the unions and many other numpties out there want assurances before going back to work. Our current crop of cabinet leaders have done another good job of selling BS.
No, I'm not saying it's all over - your words, not mine. That said, I agree that the "current crop of cabinet leaders have done a nother good job of selling BS".

You may think you are clued up but others will be looking at extending 80% wages furlough further yet.
Not too sure what my clued-upness has to do with others looking at extending 80% wages furlough. That said, if there's a correlation in your eyes At' - that's good enough for me!

Promise them the World and they will buy your hype-shiite.
Yes, agreed.
Tim.