Asian Coronavirus Outbreak

My theory is that the Upper Classes were destroyed by World War 1.
The Middle Classes took a major hit in World War 2.
We are now controlled by the mindless rabble. Stand by for WW3
So....as The Upper and Middle classes are no more, you 're identifying yourself with the Mindless Rabble. I'd never of thought it. :p

The Mindless Raab question also needs addressing.

Not mine (may have been Boris). . .
My version of this - originally posted to a fishing forum (Lure Anglers Online). . .

The other really important message from BoJo is to stay alert. This could prove tricky for many, me especially, as it assumes we're alert to begin with. Just make sure you're alert when you're out fishing and that you stay that way for the full duration of the session. As to what you need to be alert to and what you're supposed to do in the event that you become alerted - is unclear. I assume it means being alert to the virus and the possibility of catching it or spreading it to others. This brings into question the practice of catch and release, so favoured by members. Before releasing any caught fish, it's important to clean them thoroughly with hand sanitiser to ensure they can't transmit the virus to another angler in the event said fish is foolish enough to get caught for a second time. Fortunately for me, as a serial blanker, I don't have to worry about this. Therefore, I'm excluded from the 'stay alert' condition and can remain careless and inattentive - just as I've always been.
Tim.

Just take a look at yesterdays WHO report and see that of over 200 countries reporting covid deaths only 22 have reported more than 1,000 deaths in 8 weeks. By the W.H.O's own reporting this in not a global pandemic!

US hospitals are incentivised with money to report cases as covid 19 there is a snopes article relating to this. And that is why their figures are 'unusually' high. If telling an American to tick a box for free money can be considered unusual.

UK reporting - the government has to save face, I mean we cant lock up the population for 8 weeks and then say 'we were wrong' imagine the backlash.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to live in Sweden (but I cant get a flight).
Country.......Total deaths ........Total new deaths
Sweden ....... 3225 ...........5

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spoke to 12 different people yesterday face to face (dont ask how far apart we were) and asked them how many people they knew personally who have been hospitalised by this virus answer NONE. I also asked if they knew people who knew someone else who had been hospitalised by this - answer One (1).

What a giant cockup!

Not mine (may have been Boris)

Stay alert. If not staying home. Stay home if not being alert. Go to work. If not working at home. Work from home if possible. If not working from home don't use public transport to get to work. Even though public transport is available. At work do work. Safely. In a socially distanced manner. Where possible. If not possible do some other thing. Don't work at work if work is closed which lots of work is because work isn't reopening if work is one of the places of work we were told to close. After work play sport and sunbathe but only with people you live with not people you work with. Unless you live with someone you work with. Or work with someone you live with. Stay alert for the alert system which will wave about madly on a dial between green and red where red means everyone is dead. If you are sufficiently alert you might be allowed to be less alert after the 1st of June. But likely everyone will go mad on Wednesday and the needle will lurch to orange so being alert will revert to stay home and it's back to March 23rd. So, stay home. No, hang on, stay alert. Not home. But you should stay home. Unless you're at work...

I watched the PM do his Sunday night address live. Fine delivery and style but the content was just a pile of doo-doo.

I couldn't figure out who he was talking to. When he said get back to work, who's supposed to get back to work? Surely the people who can distance at work are already at work? And the ones who can't shouldn't be.

And now we can go and meet one person from another household in the open air whilst distancing. Isn't that what we've all been doing? Nobody said before it was limited to one person.

And people on buses have not been told to wear facemasks but now that things are getting better, well now they should.

In some ways these things sound like tightening the lockdown, not relaxing it.

I guess the government let the political pressures to DO something and ANNOUNCE something and SOUND decisive just got the better of their common sense. They're really skating on thin ice if they p1ss people off like this who've been fully behind the lockdown so far.

You cant go wrong with a bit of George Carlin, timsk.
Does anyone know how many calories I burn watching keep-fit videos?

From a trading perspective, I am finding the volatility is normal now.
DAX is good, Dow similar, also GBPUSD. Occasional big moves, but nothing unusual.

Anyone else noticed, in last 2-3 weeks, if they are trading differently, or getting out of norm trade size wins/losses?

Conspiracy theorists are an odd phenomenon. Each one's pet theory must have no verifiable hard evidence, no credibility with the mainstream media and categoric denial from government politicians.

But all of these conspiracy theories have all these things in common, else they wouldn't be conspiracy theories. Therefore, why do the conspiracists believe some theories but not others? By their own "logic" and in simply applying consistency of their own belief systems, they should surely believe all of them. Including the most ridiculous.
I disagree.
Ive been labelled all sorts on the money front, recently by someone with a traditional view to the money multiplier, even when shown material from BOE that counters his view im a crank and his 30 yr old textbook view is maintained. 'Conspiracy theorist' is a convenient way to discredit a view with little understanding imo. Along with the labels used like tin foil hat wearer-climate denier- virus denier etc etc.
Ignorance comes in all forms, most folks are unable to acknowledge or question their own ime.

I disagree.
Ive been labelled all sorts on the money front, recently by someone with a traditional view to the money multiplier, even when shown material from BOE that counters his view im a crank and his 30 yr old textbook view is maintained. 'Conspiracy theorist' is a convenient way to discredit a view with little understanding imo. Along with the labels used like tin foil hat wearer-climate denier- virus denier etc etc.
Ignorance comes in all forms, most folks are unable to acknowledge or question their own ime.

What part do you disagree with? That conspiracy theorists are an odd phenomenon? Or that they cannot stand by the rules by which they form their own theories? Not contentious I would have thought.

What part do you disagree with? That conspiracy theorists are an odd phenomenon? Or that they cannot stand by the rules by which they form their own theories? Not contentious I would have thought.
Im pointing out the ignorance on both sides and the folly of labels Tom.

Im pointing out the ignorance on both sides and the folly of labels Tom.

I don't think conspiracy theorists would object to being called that. They believe a theory that there is a conspiracy - that about wraps it up really.

What I don't get - what I admit to being absolutely ignorant about - is how a conspiracy theorist cannot believe some conspiracy theories - how they distinguish between theories that each have absolutely zero evidence - how they accept one and reject another. I wonder what the rational process which they use actually involves.

You pigeon whole a host group of people for asking questions - perfectly reasonable ones with the label of a Conspiracy Theory.

Not theory, just practical questions that demand answers imo.

Some people still believe the Iraq war was justified because Sadam had WMD and attacked the twin towers contrary to all subsequent evidence.

UN threw it out but the US and UK both had Slam Dunk evidence it was Sadam based on the FBI and what with the sexed up dossier. Colonel Powell subsequently resigned from serving the US for presenting a pile of crap intel to the UN. He took the fall.

Perpetrators of the original terrorist act of 9/11 - the Sauidies are still US allies who continue to receive support and WMD.

Clearly a case for war was made contrary to all evidence but you'll label question and truth seekers conspiracy nuts and those in power and office as deserving of awards, medals and millions and billions and trillions of money.

All that b0ll0cks really opened my eyes.

You are quite right.

Asking perfectly valid practical questions does not render the questioner a conspiracy theorist.

But it remains an all to convenient label used by those wishing to avoid scrutiny against those who would scrutinize them.

o_O

Adoption of a theory in defiance (sometimes fierce) of the best available hard evidence is an interesting phenomenon in itself. Conspiracy theories are a strongly prevailing modern phenomenon, and their history and structure deserve more light and less heat.

But this is all general stuff arising from the comments from new_trader about conspiracy theory videos a little while back. I'd have thought a conspiracy theorist would have been happy to be called a conspiracy theorist, they spend enough time trying to convince me and everyone else that there are conspiracies going on.

1589318406960.png

I spoke to 12 different people yesterday face to face (dont ask how far apart we were) and asked them how many people they knew personally who have been hospitalised by this virus answer NONE. I also asked if they knew people who knew someone else who had been hospitalised by this - answer One (1).

What a giant cockup!

Exactly what I have been thinking. It's been 100 days since the first COVID-19 case in the UK and I don't personally know anyone either. Also, I don't know anyone who knows anyone personally, and I am including work colleagues. The closest I get to a 'personal' case is someone who has a Facebook 'friend' who knows someone. People making 'conspiracy' videos about COVID-19 are probably motivated by these reasons. I suppose the point I was making earlier was a bit too subtle.

I think there have been about 226,000 confirmed covid-19 cases in the UK. This is about 0.35% of the population. It would be statistically highly unlikely that we all know even just 1 person who has had a confirmed case. However, you all "know" me and I have had covid, though testing was unavailable at the time to confirm.

You had to be tested to know you had it, how many thousands...millions will end up telling the same story...no drama, no ICU...

You had to be tested to know you had it, how many thousands...millions will end up telling the same story...no drama, no ICU...

Yes indeed. I only believe I had it owing to the symptoms, which did match covid and didn't match anything else.