Asian Coronavirus Outbreak

Apologies if already posted...

They cant take this down fast enough, but each time they do it pops up somewhere else. Thanks!

They cant take this down fast enough, but each time they do it pops up somewhere else. Thanks!

I suppose it was inevitable due to our species' built-in obsolescence and other sundry design faults...and so here we are, living in The Reign of The Credulous.

We definitely need a real pandemic, something that will cull a meaningful percentage, say 25%+ :)

25%, yes that is much more believable because right now, COVID-19 is a bit like alien abduction, some people (including me) won’t believe it's that bad until it happens to them or someone they trust. It makes you wonder though, how so many people all around the world can be motivated to make conspiracy videos about a highly, highly contagious, deadly nasty scary virus that is relentlessly killing people all over the place…my goodness...venturing out, risking your life with a camera for 15 minutes of fame on YouTube...I propose we all clap for them, every Friday @ 8:03pm

1589189384471.png

25%, yes that is much more believable because right now, COVID-19 is a bit like alien abduction, some people (including me) won’t believe it's that bad until it happens to them or someone they trust. It makes you wonder though, how so many people all around the world can be motivated to make conspiracy videos about a highly, highly contagious, deadly nasty scary virus that is relentlessly killing people all over the place…my goodness...venturing out, risking your life with a camera for 15 minutes of fame on YouTube...I propose we all clap for them, every Friday @ 8:03pm

Conspiracy theorists are an odd phenomenon. Each one's pet theory must have no verifiable hard evidence, no credibility with the mainstream media and categoric denial from government politicians.

But all of these conspiracy theories have all these things in common, else they wouldn't be conspiracy theories. Therefore, why do the conspiracists believe some theories but not others? By their own "logic" and in simply applying consistency of their own belief systems, they should surely believe all of them. Including the most ridiculous.

Conspiracy theorists are an odd phenomenon. Each one's pet theory must have no verifiable hard evidence, no credibility with the mainstream media and categoric denial from government politicians.

But all of these conspiracy theories have all these things in common, else they wouldn't be conspiracy theories. Therefore, why do the conspiracists believe some theories but not others? By their own "logic" and in simply applying consistency of their own belief systems, they should surely believe all of them. Including the most ridiculous.

I fully agree. The internet is a pandora's box and Tim has opened it (Berners-Lee not timsk).
Once you were a lone ... err ... 'induhvidual' is the least offensive word I can think of, and if you went to your local village pub and spouted ideas that were out of the usual then 10 or 20 people would call you an idiot and you would shut up. So 200 induhviduals in 200 pubs across the country with 'unusual' ideas were silenced by 'sensible' folk. Now those 'unique' induhviduals have their own virtual pub where they can get drunk and share the same theories with 20 other like minded people and tell each other how rational they are. And none of them will drink at any of the other virtual pubs.
This lockdown has been an eyeopener for me personally and I am reflecting on the reasons for my own induhvidual thoughts.

Thursday clap for the NHS
Friday Toot for the delivery drivers
Saturday Drink for the brewerys
Sunday Roast for the farmers
Monday bellow for the binmen
Tuesday have a mental health day off
Wednesday cheer for the council workers

There's not enough days in the week to show support for people doing their ordinary jobs, as usual, like normal, just as they always have, the lucky ones.

Sunday will become mourn for the lockdown victims.

I fully agree. The internet is a pandora's box and Tim has opened it (Berners-Lee not timsk).
Once you were a lone ... err ... 'induhvidual' is the least offensive word I can think of, and if you went to your local village pub and spouted ideas that were out of the usual then 10 or 20 people would call you an idiot and you would shut up. So 200 induhviduals in 200 pubs across the country with 'unusual' ideas were silenced by 'sensible' folk. Now those 'unique' induhviduals have their own virtual pub where they can get drunk and share the same theories with 20 other like minded people and tell each other how rational they are. And none of them will drink at any of the other virtual pubs.
This lockdown has been an eyeopener for me personally and I am reflecting on the reasons for my own induhvidual thoughts.

But the internet is such a wonderful thing, so wonderful that they need to setup institutions and spend billions censoring it, just in case anyone has ideas above or below his or her, or its station, or ideas that may differ from the BBC.

No, no, no, we really must not be examining the past before it has been re-written, re-written to rub out the misdeeds of people before the internet became a 'thing'. The history that isn't written into history books, that can't be physically picked up, read and burned, but the history that lives in the real lives of people, hitherto hidden until youtube appeared, now laid bare for all to see and make decisions about.

God forbid anyone should discover history and what people have been quietly doing to misdirect us into believing anything that is told to us. We must remove all traces from the popular platforms where most people get their information, forcing everyone with an interest onto other popular uncensored platforms, govts always one step behind.

Censorship re-enforces the alt news and anecdotes, not diminishes them, censorship never worked in the past and it won't work in the present and the future. There is always a whistleblower out there somewhere.

The old analogy of the pub is still alive and well, the difference now is that instead of odds of 200:1, the odds are now evens and no-one can say whether the likes of the BBC are true or the alt news and anecdotes are true, as the odds of the BBC being fake are as equal as the alternatives being fake.

What a great leveller the internet has become, and govts are so scared of it, they have to use their full might, including the military to inject their own disinformation and misdirection to try and put people off discovering what the truth may actually be.

Except it doesn't work (well it works in the beginning, but trust is eroded over time as more and more people become red-pilled). The length of time governments hold out is a key factor as we saw with Brexit, if people hold their nerve, they will gain victories.

Censorship re-enforces the alt news and anecdotes, not diminishes them, censorship never worked in the past and it won't work in the present and the future. There is always a whistleblower out there somewhere.
...and the discreditors of the discreditors of the discreditors are themselves discredited. Quis custodiet ipsos howsyerfather etc?

What's the name of your local?

My theory is that the Upper Classes were destroyed by World War 1.
The Middle Classes took a major hit in World War 2.
We are now controlled by the mindless rabble. Stand by for WW3

Not mine (may have been Boris)

Stay alert. If not staying home. Stay home if not being alert. Go to work. If not working at home. Work from home if possible. If not working from home don't use public transport to get to work. Even though public transport is available. At work do work. Safely. In a socially distanced manner. Where possible. If not possible do some other thing. Don't work at work if work is closed which lots of work is because work isn't reopening if work is one of the places of work we were told to close. After work play sport and sunbathe but only with people you live with not people you work with. Unless you live with someone you work with. Or work with someone you live with. Stay alert for the alert system which will wave about madly on a dial between green and red where red means everyone is dead. If you are sufficiently alert you might be allowed to be less alert after the 1st of June. But likely everyone will go mad on Wednesday and the needle will lurch to orange so being alert will revert to stay home and it's back to March 23rd. So, stay home. No, hang on, stay alert. Not home. But you should stay home. Unless you're at work...

My theory is that the Upper Classes were destroyed by World War 1.
The Middle Classes took a major hit in World War 2.
We are now controlled by the mindless rabble. Stand by for WW3

Trump numpty is definitely in that third camp.

He keeps calling Covid-19 the Chinese disease. Takes stupidity to the next level. May have originated in China but it is a global pandemic. His performance at the media conference yesterday demonstrates his ignorance.

Initially, back in January, most countries felt this was a Chinese problem and didn't react or invoke any plans - assuming they have them. Even now with lack of PE and testing kits it's evident after 4 months they haven't done much.

If your neighbours house is burning do you rub your hands with glee? The stupidity of the man is absolutely remarkable.

I thought Weijia Jiang's question was bang on and one pointed out on these threads to which CV pleaded ignorance to as well :D . Trump keeps comparing how super advanced US of A is against other countries and then fails to acknowledge they are also well ahead in the number of deaths too including in percentage terms.

POS should own up to those numbers instead of turning and walking away with his tail between his legs.