Asian Coronavirus Outbreak

But even the institution of HIWWT is not without its politics. They have put out a questionnaire out about life after lockdown and what changes you think should be introduced by people, employers and the govt (phew!). Predictable and very good questions related to wildlife and peaceful enjoyment, they omit a few questions, eg. they don't ask whether the government and councils should be building houses on green land (green belt used to be sacrosanct at one time in Britain).

So there will never be any questions about population control for the benefit of wildlife and the environment, why?

Whatever the members decide, subject to a general guidance framework.

Hmmm, "general guidance framework" sounds suspiciously like something you would find in Oceana.

However if this land is called CVnot1984, then I could be convinced to pay my way in as this venture would obviously have nothing to do with perpetual war, omnipresent governmental surveillance, historical negationism and propaganda.

Does the guidance framework give this land a name?

I think a kibbutz/monastic ( without too much religion. Just a quick prayer before meals ) style community would be a great.
idea. Comprised of men, women and children. Everyone works for the community and has a valued job. Small workshops, home farm etc. I have given just such a group some thought.

Hmmm, "general guidance framework" sounds suspiciously like something you would find in Oceana.

However if this land is called CVnot1984, then I could be convinced to pay my way in.

Does the guidance framework give this land a name?

:ROFLMAO:

Sometimes it's easier to draw up a list of things that will not be tolerated, then work with what is left.

As for a name.....

Last edited:
I think a kibbutz/monastic ( without too much religion. Just a quick prayer before meals ) style community would be a great.
idea. Comprised of men, women and children. Everyone works for the community and has a valued job. Small workshops, home farm etc. I have given just such a group some thought.

Sounds like a full time job. Not at all what I had in mind. (hence, some time towards community well being) Examples being, harvesting, build projects, infrastructure, caring, maintenance, power gen. Utilising the skills of members.

How about....members free to rape and pillage the outside economy but always have a place of sanctuary they can call home.

I'm starting my own country. Said this a while back.

Prepared to chip in up to 50k as part of a like minded consortium.

We need a big chunk of land and a willingness from all members to give up some time for the community's general well being and development.
Must have large stream, small river as a power source.
Slackers need not apply.

Just take over Spotland stadium no football seen there for years.

Nothing wrong with being poor as long as one has good wine for supper. :D
I happened to come across some trader guy on Twitter who's been knocking back this stuff during lock down:

It's made not too far from where I used to live for some 30 years but firstly, I never felt that I could justify splashing out that much on a drop (no matter how decent) and secondly, to be frank, I can't taste the difference between a £20 bottle of the good stuff and a £200 one. Undoubtedly my loss, but there ya go....

Meanwhile, Lidl seem to have scored regular supplies of St Emilion Grand Cru, which (at a tenner) is much more my style :p

I'm starting my own country. Said this a while back.

Prepared to chip in up to 50k as part of a like minded consortium.

We need a big chunk of land and a willingness from all members to give up some time for the community's general well being and development.
Must have large stream, small river as a power source.
Slackers need not apply.

The main obstacle that I foresee in this plan is finding such a piece of land that hasn't already been nabbed by somebody else.

o_O

Now this reminds me of a rather interesting film made not too long ago ... although there was a distinct religiousish-culty governancy council of elders involved whose primary concern was to ensure the community remained forever in harmony with itself and thus by necessity forever isolated from all and any external influences.

:)

As to 'like minded consortium' ...

Do like what I've been reading thus far.

But would want some assurance that the guidelines/ constitution/ founding principles or what ever else the core rules are chosen to be called, specifically and forever immutable forbid the presence, operation or establishment of a central bank within the community. Never, Nada. Not for eternity.

Otherwise, I'm all for it !

:)

And here it is folks - the statistic of the day. . .
Mrs timsk has a school friend (from the 60s) whose husband has very advanced MS and requires regular trips to Derriford Hospital in Plymouth - the largest hospital west of Bristol. During today's weekly WhatsApp group chat (with other school friends), it emerged that the latest visit to Derriford found the hospital rather less full than usual. No patients on trolleys in corridors, no anxious staff juggling who to discharge and who to admit etc. On the contrary, as of today, the hospital is a mere - wait for it - 40% full. Or, to put it another way, 60% of the beds are empty!!!
😠
It makes me angry - it really does. Just 40% - un-effin believable.
Grrrrrr!
Tim.

I happened to come across some trader guy on Twitter who's been knocking back this stuff during lock down:

It's made not too far from where I used to live for some 30 years but firstly, I never felt that I could justify splashing out that much on a drop (no matter how decent) and secondly, to be frank, I can't taste the difference between a £20 bottle of the good stuff and a £200 one. Undoubtedly my loss, but there ya go....

Meanwhile, Lidl seem to have scored regular supplies of St Emilion Grand Cru, which (at a tenner) is much more my style :p

Interesting link there. I went to buy and a £5 voucher popped up.

I'm a trader but I don't like wasting time filling out £5 vouchers when buying £800 bottle of wine.

All very confusing.

That site is for commoners Sir Canta. Nice 1, you almost had me. :ROFLMAO:

I'll stick to my local Lidl.

I checked out the wines wow ... even the "box exudes dreams".

The most popular Rhône Valley gift set...
Treat yourself to Maison Guigal's three finest Côte-Rôtie wines in a superb vintage. A wooden case that exudes luxury, prestige, class and dreams...

The most popular Rhône Valley gift set...
Treat yourself to Maison Guigal's three finest Côte-Rôtie wines in a superb vintage. A wooden case that exudes luxury, prestige, class and dreams...
I think that even with a wooden box Lidl would exude something a tad more malodorous and depressingly real. Such is life.

Compare and contrast.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coronavirus: jailed for breaching Isle of Man lockdown rules
Driving during lockdown 3 weeks Jail
Walking dog during lockdown 3 weeks Jail : Consecutive terms.

They later discovered Skillicorn had gone to his grandfather's home to pick up his dog before driving to Port Grainagh beach to walk it for "two to three hours".
He was sentenced to 21 days in prison for each offence, to be served consecutively.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
San Francisco gives alcohol and marijuana to homeless addicts on lockdown in hotels

Stop the world I want to get off.

Pandemic sends US jobless rate to 14.7%.
Its highest level since the 1930s, as coronavirus devastates the economy.

This is more like the kind of headlines we need to be seeing more of to bring an end to the lunacy.

(y)