Asian Coronavirus Outbreak

Definately one of the silver linings on the pandemic. Govts. world wide will be forced to reduce carbon emissions etc.
And so they should voluntarily. Turning the planet into a shithole ( Trump's phrase ) is beyond a joke.
Well done climate activists. planet preservers etc.

Societal change is underway, pushed further by the climate change agenda, restrictions on office workers will force employers to make home working permanent. Schooling can be done remotely, so the arrangements for schools will change to be more remote teaching, probably on a rotational basis. Air travel and foreign holidays will be severely restricted, high prices on airfares and social distancing in resorts will put many off. There will be immunity hotels only, domestic and foreign.

Now we have less cars and aircraft and almost no consumption of fossil fuels, there will be a massive push by the climate agenda to keep it this way. How else are they going to meet the 2050 net zero targets?

All because of Wuhan Flu!
I agree that the airlines having to 'remove the middle seat' is nonsensical in terms of stopping the spread of contagion. If your on a crammed plane with 200 people for 5 hours then if you are in the middle seat or the window seat it makes no odds. This in my opinion is designed to increase prices and to prevent poor people travelling.
I'm sure if this doesnt work then the social credit system will be bought here so that the government can restrict who travels, and each year the criteria for being able to travel will be made tighter and tighter until climate targets are achieved.

I agree that the airlines having to 'remove the middle seat' is nonsensical in terms of stopping the spread of contagion. If your on a crammed plane with 200 people for 5 hours then if you are in the middle seat or the window seat it makes no odds. This in my opinion is designed to increase prices and to prevent poor people travelling.
I'm sure if this doesnt work then the social credit system will be bought here so that the government can restrict who travels, and each year the criteria for being able to travel will be made tighter and tighter until climate targets are achieved.

"prevent poor people travelling"?
Since when was avoiding taking money off poor people a viable business option?

Surely its more likely they are putting these stupid measures in place to placate regulatory bodies and their political masters to allow them to fly again and also to fool customers who are reluctant to get on a plane now that they are really doing something.

An important video, I think, which leaves no doubt in my mind the role that the Chinese Communist Party played in their handling of the pandemic and why we're now all in the poop we're in. . .

"prevent poor people travelling"?
Since when was avoiding taking money off poor people a viable business option?

Surely its more likely they are putting these stupid measures in place to placate regulatory bodies and their political masters to allow them to fly again and also to fool customers who are reluctant to get on a plane now that they are really doing something.
It's not a viable business option and Michael O'Leary has been very outspoken against it. However it is a government led initiative to 'protect' people. The airlines dont want it, but the airlines need Government permission to fly so they have to comply.
Given the way the lockup guidelines have not been adhered to by the public, (just go outside and see for yourself), people are going to be flocking to their favorite holiday destinations as soon as they possibly can, I know I will. And I am fortunate enough that I will be able to pay extra for the cost of a flight.

How long before the rest of the world want people from the UK traveling into there country.
One month, one year or longer.

How long before the rest of the world want people from the UK traveling into there country.
One month, one year or longer.
Given the way were over reporting our CV (corona-virus not the majestic one ;) ) death rates, the rest of the world may place a permanent lockdown on Britain until were all dead from it, which projects to around August if the current Gov statistics are to be believed.

It seems our virus has been mis-named, after all.

Government statistics seem to reveal that the virus disproportionately kills those persons with better natural protection from the ravages of ultraviolet radiation.

[yes, that's woke-speak in order to avoid use of any perfectly ordinary terms that anybody could claim were offensive]

Of course, the stats are a complete load of b*llocks when deliberately mis-represented in this way for political spin.

What I'm quite confident a more enlightened analysis of the data will reveal, is that the virus, not being of itself minded to the nuances of human prejudice or politics, probably very simply kills more poorer and disadvantaged people with less access to adequate shelter, clean water and a healthy nutritious balanced diet.

Gosh, now won't that be a surprise !

😷

Definately one of the silver linings on the pandemic. Govts. world wide will be forced to reduce carbon emissions etc.
And so they should voluntarily. Turning the planet into a shithole ( Trump's phrase ) is beyond a joke.
Well done climate activists. planet preservers etc.

I agree as a side benefit, we get reduced pollution. However the main emphasis for future spending must be how we are going to sustain ourselves nutritionally and financially, any physically realised climate benefits as a result will be most welcome, Financial benefits for elites as a result of Covid must be ploughed back into saving humanity, not them spending on continuing their luxury lifestyles whilst the rest of us suffer.

Societal change is underway, pushed further by the climate change agenda, restrictions on office workers will force employers to make home working permanent. Schooling can be done remotely, so the arrangements for schools will change to be more remote teaching, probably on a rotational basis. Air travel and foreign holidays will be severely restricted, high prices on airfares and social distancing in resorts will put many off. There will be immunity hotels only, domestic and foreign.

Now we have less cars and aircraft and almost no consumption of fossil fuels, there will be a massive push by the climate agenda to keep it this way. How else are they going to meet the 2050 net zero targets?

All because of Wuhan Flu!

This is all good news and a great paradigm shift in resourcing factors of production imo.

The industrial revolution so a massive influx of people from urban areas into cities which are not natural habitats for the human species. Humanoids perform much better and happier in open spaces instead of living life in shoe boxes sitting on chairs all day long.

With our superhighways who needs motorway and railways?

Taking life back out to more urban areas and with green technologies even off-grid regions can become homes. As long as one can pick up a phone single, one can work from any remote place.

If we simply remove having to travel to work, the happy index will go up by 20% or more just for starters. New technologies will further evolve. Perhaps homesteads and mini farms can pop-up. Small local businesses can flourish and the locals will have a much bigger say in running of towns then big G in far and distant places.

Real opportunity for the good life to flourish and perhaps a reversal in demographics back to living in urban areas.

Sounds good to me. :)

I'm starting my own country. Said this a while back.

Prepared to chip in up to 50k as part of a like minded consortium.

We need a big chunk of land and a willingness from all members to give up some time for the community's general well being and development.
Must have large stream, small river as a power source.
Slackers need not apply.

We need a big chunk of land and a willingness from all members to give up some time for the community's general well being and development.
Slackers need not apply.

What form of democracy or governance will be put in place?

Slackers need not apply.

I remember you did this before yes I agree.

G8 idea.

Sounds like the beginnings of a Coop. I'm interested. (y) :unsure: (y)