Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Down about 30 on this trade while not happy not that worried either because i have another short waiting in the wings to split the diff higher.higher it goes the better my split (y)

And thats how you blew your account last time and the time before and the time before and the time before and the time before and the time before and the time before and the time before and the time before

You have been doing this since October 2015 and have learned nothing!

short YM @ 25155

i'll probably have to add higher, but when in a range i must play it for all it's worth till it stops being a range

takes LOTS of MONEY & INTEREST to break out of a range

ranges are the coolest, love ranges the most :cool:

Down 100 are you looking to add yet?

Down 100 are you looking to add yet?

I didn't expect it to go 100 against me, that is concerning and could potentially wipe out much my profits today.

Must be real careful where I fire this last shot off to recoup.:|

What you should be doing is obvious right?

Postman,

what if the upward trend is breached?
are you committed to always going Long, or would you exit, and then look to re-enter at a lower/better price?
(I find trendlines sometimes scary)

Attachments

• us30-jul25.png
    us30-jul25.png
    164.8 KB · Views: 81
You reckon DOW has peaked or still has more legs.

You know like a centipede sort of many more legs crawling up the index :rolleyes:

I'm totally confused ?

Surely as day traders you are tracking the daily momentum, up, down, sideways, not to have a one sided bias !

Unless you have a long term long hold view, but my impression was scalping the ftse etc !

Speed/volatility of price flow etc !

Not one of you know if the index will go higher or lower, all you have is the screen in front of you & some fantasy that this level or that will get hit !

It's all about the flow if you are day trading, your bias will end up getting you spat out in the end.

I'm totally confused ?

Surely as day traders you are tracking the daily momentum, up, down, sideways, not to have a one sided bias !

Unless you have a long term long hold view, but my impression was scalping the ftse etc !

Speed/volatility of price flow etc !

Not one of you know if the index will go higher or lower, all you have is the screen in front of you & some fantasy that this level or that will get hit !

It's all about the flow if you are day trading, your bias will end up getting you spat out in the end.

Postman posted (!) a screengrab earlier today, highlighting an upward trend.
but the line (which admittedly he didnt draw) got breached.
I was just asking what his approach was.

Personally, I use session activity and yesterdays sessions as well as squigglies.
(not really a daytrader. just dabbling for a few weeks while a new project comes good for me).

Postman posted (!) a screengrab earlier today, highlighting an upward trend.
but the line (which admittedly he didnt draw) got breached.
I was just asking what his approach was.

Personally, I use session activity and yesterdays sessions as well as squigglies.
(not really a daytrader. just dabbling for a few weeks while a new project comes good for me).

Sorry Trendie, my post wasn't directed at you it was directed at everyone !

If I sound aggy it's because I read a total load of b0llocks alot of the time on this forum, someone comes on bringing something of worth to the table & they get the old guard all over them like some interrogation unit.

Anyway, I've said my bit, I'll be back no doubt.....I've left a nice post for me ol mate David Knight on his bullsh1t thread, so I'll be ready for a nice reply from him.

Apart from that.....cushdee eh postie ;)

Sorry Trendie, my post wasn't directed at you it was directed at everyone !

If I sound aggy it's because I read a total load of b0llocks alot of the time on this forum, someone comes on bringing something of worth to the table & they get the old guard all over them like some interrogation unit.

Anyway, I've said my bit, I'll be back no doubt.....I've left a nice post for me ol mate David Knight on his bullsh1t thread, so I'll be ready for a nice reply from him.

Apart from that.....cushdee eh postie ;)

Hey TJ,

No worries however you respond please feel free :)

I use Pivot Points as S/R targets and do have a bias most days. Trend is usually in play over longer TFs like daily or 4H charts.

Like you can see we are about to test highs from Jan 18 and been making HHs and HLs since April and then again since June.

Hi probability trades would be to go long imo.

I don't trade the Dow but last I looked I thought 25250s were tops and that's been breached already. Markets buzzing with earnings and more recently Trump offering 12bn to farmers.

Each to their own and all the best (y)

out

short YM@ 25150

great trade how much higher??

I'm in no hurry to put on another short, if this goes lower i win, if higher i add, and win

i can't lose here.

Down about 30 on this trade while not happy not that worried either because i have another short waiting in the wings to split the diff higher.higher it goes the better my split (y)

I didn't expect it to go 100 against me, that is concerning and could potentially wipe out much my profits today.

Must be real careful where I fire this last shot off to recoup.:|

So now its 250 points against you.
Ready to double up yet?

Boom! And you still dont know why it happened!

https://www.iidc.indiana.edu/pages/C...rgers-Syndrome

Table 1
Bad Jobs for People with High Functioning Autism or Asperger's Syndrome: Jobs that require high demands on short-term working memory

Future market trader -- Totally impossible

Postman,

what if the upward trend is breached?

are you committed to always going Long, or would you exit, and then look to re-enter at a lower/better price?
(I find trendlines sometimes scary)

I take that as a sign that the market will trade Below that dip at some point in the future but as soon as it regains the trend keep with it.

At the moment its earnings season and the darlings of the market like Amazon, google, apple, microsoft, are outshining the likes of Walmart.
That was quite a wide spread of positives today though on the s&p.

There was no arguing with that trend on the s&p - I went short at the red circle, it didnt take long to get punished. Its easy when your looking left.

Attachments

• lookleftthenright.png
    lookleftthenright.png
    33 KB · Views: 68
This is relentless.
I know where the s&p is going - its headed for 2856 but I thought it would pull back a bit and try again later. No they want it and they want it NOW! No pullbacks no delays just smash it higher to the target.

So thats tomorrow then, an easy 10 points away.

Cracks are starting to form in this market. Here's hoping NAS weighs heavily on the DOW today.

This is shaping up to be one of those wild azz days of wide swings and uncertainty. :whistling

At some place the DOW must come to terms with the NAS. Can't just ignore what's happening there.:eek: